Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ildanach

Pot 1 - Manchester United, Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Porto, Inter Milan.

Pot 2 - Shakhtar Donetsk, Lyon, Villarreal, AC Milan, Valencia, Marseille, CSKA Moscow, Benfica.

Pot 3 - Zenit St Petersburg, Man City, Olympiakos, Ajax, Bayer Leverkusen, BATE Borisov, Basle, Lille.

Pot 4 - Borussia Dortmund, Trabzonspor, Dinamo Zagreb, Napoli, APOEL, Genk, Otelul Galati, Viktoria Plzen.

Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Pot 4 - Borussia Dortmund, you could get a group of death with them involved.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Have to say that I was skeptical when this new format was introduced by UEFA a few years ago, but looking at those pots there are quite a few permutations which would allow multiple "groups of death", making it interesting for the neutral.

Forever Green

Watched Benfica tonight and they were absolute class. Aimar completely ran the show. They will be a hard team to play against. For the pure flair and technical ability of each team I would like to see this group:

Barcelona
Benfica
Ajax
Dortmund

:o Unreal

new devil

Barcelona
AC Milan
shity
Dortmund..... would be a dream group for me

A.B.U

Quote from: new devil on August 25, 2011, 08:06:31 AM
Barcelona
AC Milan
shity
Typical Man U fan, cares more about how rival clubs do than the club they claim to love! Surely your dream group should consist of Man United plus 3 other handy teams?

magpie seanie

How about this for a horrible prospect for one of the pot 1 teams - Shaktar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, Trabsonspor.

new devil

Yea thats a real nightmare Seanie....Shouldn't the actual champions of there countries be in pot 1..seems a weird way they have of doing it

laoislad

Quote from: new devil on August 25, 2011, 08:06:31 AM
Barcelona
AC Milan
shity

Why? I reckon Manchester City would qualify from that group as runners up.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

Dortmund and/or Ajax please....

ross4life

Puyol was dressed for the beach i see as Melanie Winiger was eyeing him up.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

GalwayBayBoy

I think Man U could send out their catering staff and win that group. Masters of the cushy draw.

Man City's group is a belter. Four good teams.

Was looking easy for Arsenal as well until they got the booby prize in pot 4, Dortmund.

ross4life

United got a so called cushy draw in 05/06 & finished last.

Draw in full.

Group A: Bayern Munich, Villarreal, Man City, Napoli
Group B: Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Lille, Trabzonspor
Group C: Man United, Benfica, Basle, Otelul Galati
Group D: Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb
Group E: Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Genk
Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Olympiakos, Borussia Dortmund
Group G: FC Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit, Apoel FC
Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, BATE Borisov, Viktoria Plzen

A.B.U

Must get the Benfica jersey out of the press and go online to find a Basel and Otelul Galati jersey.