Champions League 2011/12

Started by ildanach, August 24, 2011, 10:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

I see Liverpool supporters on this thread (about a competition they couldn't qualify for) - what's that all about? I thought it was only United fans that were obsessed with the goings on of other clubs?  :P

A.B.U

Maybe coz they are football fans you tit!
Does mean QPR fans are also not allowed post here?

laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 25, 2011, 05:38:30 PM
I think Man U could send out their catering staff and win that group. Masters of the cushy draw.

Man City's group is a belter. Four good teams.

Was looking easy for Arsenal as well until they got the booby prize in pot 4, Dortmund.

Man City's group is very good,looking forward to watching them games.
Would like to see them progress in the tournament.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

ross4life

Full fixture list

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/Draws/01/66/79/36/1667936_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Barcelona v AC Milan,Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal & Benfica v Man United all on match day one.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

A.B.U

Quote from: Tony Baloney on August 25, 2011, 06:39:41 PM
Another United fix.
Platini must have had some bother fighting Howard Webb and Big Sam off Whiskey noses c**k!

boojangles

Quote from: A.B.U on August 25, 2011, 07:44:40 PM
Another United fix.
Platini must have had some bother fighting Howard Webb and Big Sam off Whiskey noses c**k!

:D :D :D

magpie seanie

Quote from: A.B.U on August 25, 2011, 06:01:04 PM
Maybe coz they are football fans you tit!
Does mean QPR fans are also not allowed post here?

QPR fans! Classic!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Orangemac

How many teams have a realistic chance of winning this? 3 - Utd,Madrid and Barca?

Jury is out on AVB at Chelsea. City could be hard to beat if they get out of that group but SF at best.

Bayern have some good players but hard to see them win it and Italian football seems to be at a low ebb.

Benfica as dark horses to do well?

A.B.U

The only way Man Utd will win it is if someone else knocks out Barca

nrico2006

Another United fix.

Aye, United got up on stage and decided to pick what group they would like to be in.  For goodness sake.

Quote from: A.B.U on August 26, 2011, 10:00:21 AM

Why focus on United?  United are the second best team in Europe currently and sooner or later they will beat Barcelona in Europe again.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

gallsman

Quote from: nrico2006 on August 26, 2011, 10:28:59 AM
Another United fix.

Aye, United got up on stage and decided to pick what group they would like to be in.  For goodness sake.

Why focus on United?  United are the second best team in Europe currently and sooner or later they will beat Barcelona in Europe again.

Is that based on them coming second last year? I'd rate Madrid ahead of them as well. Barca are deserving favorites, with Madrid not far behind. Anyone else will surely have to get past at least one of them in a knockout tie.

A.B.U

Another United fix.

Im not focusing on United. The guy above me said the only teams that can win it are United,Madrid and Barca. So its my opinion that unless Barca are knocked out by someone else then United wont win it as I cant see them beating Barca. I could however see them beating Madrid.
No need to be getting your knickers in a twist about it.

magpie seanie

Its a cup competition. The best team doesn't always win. Every few years someone wins it that no-one would have predicted at the start as Porto, Liverpool, Inter in the last 7/8 years demonstrate.

Minder

Another United fix.

So are Schalke the 3rd or 4th best team?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"