Tottenham riots

Started by Forever Green, August 07, 2011, 02:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Here shops are shutting in many parts of Liverpool already.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Rouge_Diablo

1400: Deputy Assistant Commissioner Stephen Kavanagh says plastic bullets - never used before during British disturbances - have been considered as "one of the tactics" available to officers at the riots.

"That's a tactic that will be used by the Metropolitan Police if deemed necessary," he says.

Sits back, waits for the inevitable .......

hairierarea

Quote from: EC Unique on August 09, 2011, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: hairierarea on August 09, 2011, 12:54:29 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 09, 2011, 12:47:12 PM
Scum comes in all colours. PC Britian needs to forget about not offending certain comunities and get heavey handed now. Let the army at them. There is no pretty outcome to this now so it is a matter of putting it to a stop immidiately. The county can not afford to have this for a week. If a few of these bits of sh1t happen to get a bullet then so be it. 

Yeah, that worked in Derry in 1972 after all. No-one cared that some in the crowd 'happened to get a bullet'.

Here we go ::)

How do you compare a peacefull march in Derry with what is happening in England.

Well, the security forces were concerned to reclaim the streets and round up the 'young hooligans' in 1972 so there is that, but my point is more that, whatever the situation, the 'Bloody Sunday' approach (err on the side of slaughter) is not likely to be anything other than counterproductive. You were using exactly the sort of language Tories and Unionists were using in the early 70s and beyond.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: hairierarea on August 09, 2011, 02:05:36 PM
Scum comes in all colours. PC Britian needs to forget about not offending certain comunities and get heavey handed now. Let the army at them. There is no pretty outcome to this now so it is a matter of putting it to a stop immidiately. The county can not afford to have this for a week. If a few of these bits of sh1t happen to get a bullet then so be it. 

Yeah, that worked in Derry in 1972 after all. No-one cared that some in the crowd 'happened to get a bullet'.

How do you compare a peacefull march in Derry with what is happening in England.

Well, the security forces were concerned to reclaim the streets and round up the 'young hooligans' in 1972 so there is that, but my point is more that, whatever the situation, the 'Bloody Sunday' approach (err on the side of slaughter) is not likely to be anything other than counterproductive. You were using exactly the sort of language Tories and Unionists were using in the early 70s and beyond.

While I agree with the sentiment expressed by EC, hairierarea is correct about caution. Last night lots of people were trapped by Rioters in London and Liverpool. If the police start shooting, who is to say it is not them rather than the rioters who get shot. If you could guarantee me that the rioters would get the bullets, then I would say fire away, but its not that simple.

maddog

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 09, 2011, 01:59:06 PM
Here shops are shutting in many parts of Liverpool already.

Same down here in Birmingham, many firms are letting people go early. Id say our lot will let us go when the flames are up the window.

maddog

The double glazing lads were flat out up town, they will be back replacing the same ones tomorrow.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: maddog on August 09, 2011, 02:27:28 PM
The double glazing lads were flat out up town, they will be back replacing the same ones tomorrow.

They should lace the things in cattle wire, then fry the bastards tonight.

Bogball XV

is that them big bags of supposedly fizzy sweets she has with her - she'll get a quare sickening if it is.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 09, 2011, 02:47:17 PM
is that them big bags of supposedly fizzy sweets she has with her - she'll get a quare sickening if it is.

:D :D :D lmao
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Trout

My blood is boiling watching these savages.
Sinn Fein delivers -

British rule

passedit

Quote from: Trout on August 09, 2011, 03:09:48 PM
My blood is boiling watching these savages.

Same as that Trout.

Tis a different job smashing some poor drink addled newspaper vendor to taking on a mob where ye might get hurt yourself.
Don't Panic

EC Unique

Quote from: hairierarea on August 09, 2011, 02:05:36 PM

This is an extract from a bit I read earlier

QuoteA 71-year-old man was pulled from his burning home after looters torched a newsagent below.

Police had to push back rioters and knocked down the pensioner's door as he pleaded for help.

Neighbour Andy Hutchins, 38, said; "He was out the window screaming for help. He came out crying his eyes out. It's dreadful. What has he done to deserve that?"

These animals need to be stopped by what ever means necessary, shame on you comparing them to the victims of Bloody Sunday >:(

ONeill

Nick Griffin in his element on twitter. nickgriffinmep
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2011, 03:48:52 PM

I was thinking earlier, whilst ironing my Union Jack, that the EDL and BNP must be loving this.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Minder on August 09, 2011, 03:58:43 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 09, 2011, 03:48:52 PM

I was thinking earlier, whilst ironing my Union Jack, that the EDL and BNP must be loving this.

No the likes of them do their rioting in other peoples countries, like when in Ireland and the Republic go One-Nil Up in a friendly or while attacking French, Belgians, Dutch etc. in their own countries, during sports events.