Tottenham riots

Started by Forever Green, August 07, 2011, 02:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 09, 2011, 12:34:09 PM
I heard a journo on the wireless saying that this could turn racial but only because some races have been out guarding their communities.

For example the turkish community blocked off some streets from the rioters/looters and asian communities were doing likewise.  There are fears that if this continues a few lads might start joining the rioters just looking for confrontation with these particular groupings.

I was thinking that last night.

glens abu

Should put them in a uniform and send them off to war with the rest of their thugs.

EC Unique

Scum comes in all colours. PC Britian needs to forget about not offending certain comunities and get heavey handed now. Let the army at them. There is no pretty outcome to this now so it is a matter of putting it to a stop immidiately. The county can not afford to have this for a week. If a few of these bits of sh1t happen to get a bullet then so be it. 

ziggysego

26-year-old man shot in car in Croydon last night has died in hospital. - Sky News
Testing Accessibility

hairierarea

Quote from: EC Unique on August 09, 2011, 12:47:12 PM
Scum comes in all colours. PC Britian needs to forget about not offending certain comunities and get heavey handed now. Let the army at them. There is no pretty outcome to this now so it is a matter of putting it to a stop immidiately. The county can not afford to have this for a week. If a few of these bits of sh1t happen to get a bullet then so be it. 

Yeah, that worked in Derry in 1972 after all. No-one cared that some in the crowd 'happened to get a bullet'. 

nifan

Quote from: Minder on August 09, 2011, 11:46:10 AM
Haven't heard race mentioned much by the news stations or media, just "youths" or "inner city youths". Are we not allowed to say it?

It could be said, but then there where plenty of white scumbags looting last night too, so perhaps youths is a better description.

EC Unique

Quote from: hairierarea on August 09, 2011, 12:54:29 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on August 09, 2011, 12:47:12 PM

Yeah, that worked in Derry in 1972 after all. No-one cared that some in the crowd 'happened to get a bullet'.

Here we go ::)

How do you compare a peacefull march in Derry with what is happening in England.

thejuice

broken families, "professional" social-welfare claimants,  the gang culture and ferrel youth problem has been tolerated for too long. People have been turning a blind eye to the growing unruly nature of the younger generation. No one dares to

It's like a pimple that's been growing on your face suddenly burst. When was the last time any of us dared tell a young person other than your own family how to behave themselves?

We've let a generation grow up with no respect for authority, no place in any community. We can't turn a blind eye any more.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

maddog

The shops up town are saying they are expecting bother from 4pm onwards.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 09, 2011, 12:29:09 PM
Rioting spread to Liverpool last night, Smithdown Road, Toxteth & City Centre areas. What is this shite about race, Liverpool is an overwhealmingly white city, ethnicitiy overwhealmingly Irish, Irish descent with some Welsh, Isle of Man and Lancs. Reports of 300 rioters. Heard reports of petrol bombs thrown at people in City Centre. Fireworks being used as weapons in Toxteth. Smithdown Road has lots of young Irish living close to it. All the late pubs and clubs in the city closed down last night. Amazing really because despite its reputation I normally would feel safer in Liverpool than Dublin any normal night of the year. Liverpool has been one of the safest places I have lived in (well normally).

Toxeth has a large black community. There was major riots there in the early 80's as well.

ziggysego

It could be a chemical imbalance in British youths. I say castrate them and see if that settles the situation.
Testing Accessibility

Lecale2

Quote from: ziggysego on August 09, 2011, 01:13:56 PM
It could be a chemical imbalance in British youths. I say castrate them and see if that settles the situation.
Discusting suggestion!

Shamrock Shore

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?

Hoof Hearted

Riots started in Tottenham when Harry Redknapp declared his interest in Emile Heskey
They started in Birmingham when he changed his mind !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on August 09, 2011, 01:13:26 PM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 09, 2011, 12:29:09 PM
Rioting spread to Liverpool last night, Smithdown Road, Toxteth & City Centre areas. What is this shite about race, Liverpool is an overwhealmingly white city, ethnicitiy overwhealmingly Irish, Irish descent with some Welsh, Isle of Man and Lancs. Reports of 300 rioters. Heard reports of petrol bombs thrown at people in City Centre. Fireworks being used as weapons in Toxteth. Smithdown Road has lots of young Irish living close to it. All the late pubs and clubs in the city closed down last night. Amazing really because despite its reputation I normally would feel safer in Liverpool than Dublin any normal night of the year. Liverpool has been one of the safest places I have lived in (well normally).

Toxeth has a large black community. There was major riots there in the early 80's as well.

I'll give you that. Was a play about the 1981 Toxteth Riots in Liverpool recently. The city is clearly very white for a large English city.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.