Mayo V Kerry semi final

Started by Milltown Row2, July 31, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

I just heard from my Kerry friend that the lads were boxing the heads off each other at training tonight.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kerry Mike

Biteen of skelping in training never did any harm, great news
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

BennyCake

Quote from: Jinxy on August 18, 2011, 10:34:10 PM
I just heard from my Kerry friend that the lads were boxing the heads off each other at training tonight.

Those Kerry boys always say that, just to frighten the opposition!

oneoftheseyears

We are fkcud  so....    ::) Bring IT ON! 8)

BennyCake

Quote from: oneoftheseyears on August 18, 2011, 10:49:59 PM
We are fkcud  so....    ::) Bring IT ON! 8)

Come on, BELIEVE!  You can do it!

Lar Naparka

In the unexpected and continuing absence of rosnarun, I am proposing the motion;
"That Mayo have good reason to give the two-fingered salute once again to their critics everywhere."

"If Mayo were to buy in to the national consensus, they should resign themselves to the fact that they are facing the side that has taken the scalps of Tipp, Limerick  and Cork along the way. For good measure, they should note the Kingdom dissed the Shannonsiders a second time.
With credential like this, Mayo should accept the inevitable and realise that all that is expected of them is that they turn up to make up the numbers so them cute Kerry hoors will have a warm up; that is a warm up before they stuff the Dubs and bring Sam home to where he rightfully belongs."
" If Mayo were to go be the views of bookies and barstoolers, they would need to make light of the fact that Kerry only played to perceived form in the first half of the Munster Final.
Their second half display when the Langers finally woke up, would have to be forgotten. The bell, aka the long whistle, saved them.  But that is to be considered a minor inconvenience."
"Furthermore, the facts that Kerry got sickened by Down at this stage of the competition and that Cork have whupped Down twice in the interim would have to be regarded as infelicities in the mindsets of the cosy consensus brigade.
For the 'experts,' fact never supersedes prejudice where 'Mayo, God help us" is concerned.
The Rebels would have rocked Mayo back to the foothills of the Reek if only they had a full side. Therefore, Mayo should ignore the fact that they gave the Langers a flying start and found themselves seven points adrift before twenty minute shad gone by.
Fiachra Lynch was doing grand in the absence of Nick Murphy even if that lanky Langer is no more a full forward than I am an impartial commentator.
However, that's irrelevant if one wishes to go by the book.
Mayo could justifiably claim that the absence of Ronan Mcgarrity and Conor Mortimer would give them underprivileged status also but to concur with the general view, they'd need to keep their mouths shut."

"All  in all, ladies and gentlemen, I believe I have posited a strong case for the impartial, well-balanced individuals in your midst to agree with me  that "f**k the begrudgers" is the most appropriate response to all those that can't tell their arses from their elbows when logical analysis is called for.

With that, I am going to move the above motion and get to hell outa here.
I'm off to the local to torment Mad Mike and Kerry Martin; paid up members of the Kerry Brains Trust.
Like all Kerry hoors, they can talk shite and slug porter with equal ease but neither of them will take me on at bookies' odds.
Well, f**k the ..., Sorry, I think I said that already.
G'bye."

(Hope all's well with ros.)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ross matt

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 18, 2011, 05:45:35 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on August 18, 2011, 03:30:52 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 18, 2011, 12:44:07 AM
Just passing through mayo today and was reminded yere in a All Ireland Semi final, it shocks me eveytime tbh, as this is one of the worst mayo teams ive ever seen.

What a bitter little boy you must be
In what way bitter, sure i never said i wouldnt be cheering ye on sunday ;).

In what way Ross matt will it be good for Roscommon, Sligo, Leitrim and Galway if mayo win on sunday? I dont see it having any impact positive or negative in Sligo.

I'm older than you. I was fortunate enough to see the great Dermot Earley in his prime. He always impressed upon people when he spoke about the importance of your province. The sense of connection etc. When Galway hurlers won back to back AIs in '87/88 it meant alot for me and many Rossies. I cheered Willie Joe, TJ etc in 89. I loved it when James Horan ghosted through the Kerry defence in '96 and stuck the ball in their net. I rated Galway 98-01 as one of the most exciting and attractive sides I've ever seen play and would love if football still was played like that. I admired O'Hara driving through the Armagh and Tyrone defenses a decade ago approx. I never saw Mickey Kearns play but often heard his name mentioned in reverence from those who knew their football that came before me. In '94 I was delighted to see Darcy & the Honeymans line out in Croker v the Dubs.

Why would I not want Mayo to win? They've beaten my team. But the better they do the more it reflects well on Roscommon's performance and helps us measure how far we have to go.
Do you really think I would want to see the likes of a money grabbing pundit waster like Splillane diss our province as "junk status" and be vindicated by Kerry hammering Mayo?  I love Kerry football but I would love it alot more if Andy Moran and his colleagues shoved it up their asses on Sunday.

Rivalry is all very well within a province when we compete against each other but once your team is out I support my neighbours. So what if Mayo for hammered in '04 and '06 AIs. At least they fuckin got there and came back for more. Persistence pays off. Ourselves, yourselves, Galway and leitrim could learn alot from their attitude of eternal optimism.

I try not to fight with you Sligonian but you're  a very angry boy. Dont get your bitterness at all and cant see how it helps you or Sligo.

Connacht abu.

RedandGreenSniper

Yeah, where is Ros? You'd miss his comic interventions. At least I think they are meant to be comic.

Really, really looking forward to this game now. I haven't looked forward to a Mayo game as much as the 2004 final. I thought we'd win that. Didn't see us beating Dubs or Kerry in 2006 and, naturally, there's been f**k all to look forward to in the 2007-10 spell.

Mayo football has rediscovered its pride this year. That is a point worth making after last year's embarrassments. And, call it hype if you want, but it is great to see the level of interest that exists ahead of this game in the county. I wouldn't call it hype, I'd call it something that's great for the game in Mayo. All of this means, on one level, that we can be proud of what we have done thus far. And we can except that this Mayo team won't show the white feather and will be cute enough and brave enough to stay with Kerry for long stages. There'll be no hammering here, I think.

There's a lot of talk about how losing by two or three points would be a good result and let us build for next year. I see the logic but, feck it, I can't agree. We're in the last four of Ireland and we should be looking to win the thing. I think that's the attitude that will prevail in the squad. Chances like this won't come around by divine right next year.

We have to make this opportunity count. Beat Kerry and the hype will go into overdrive, the talk of 60 years will too and the favourites tag will be bestowed on us for the final, in all likelihood. But we'd be seventy minutes from an All-Ireland. Lose on Sunday and we're back to the start line again. The opportunity of a lifetime only exists during the lifetime of the opportunity. Go for it Mayo. Mayo to win.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Jinxy

Quote from: BennyCake on August 18, 2011, 10:46:58 PM

You're not serious.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross matt on August 19, 2011, 12:21:50 AM
Just passing through mayo today and was reminded yere in a All Ireland Semi final, it shocks me eveytime tbh, as this is one of the worst mayo teams ive ever seen.

In what way Ross matt will it be good for Roscommon, Sligo, Leitrim and Galway if mayo win on sunday? I dont see it having any impact positive or negative in Sligo.

I'm older than you. I was fortunate enough to see the great Dermot Earley in his prime. He always impressed upon people when he spoke about the importance of your province. The sense of connection etc. When Galway hurlers won back to back AIs in '87/88 it meant alot for me and many Rossies. I cheered Willie Joe, TJ etc in 89. I loved it when James Horan ghosted through the Kerry defence in '96 and stuck the ball in their net. I rated Galway 98-01 as one of the most exciting and attractive sides I've ever seen play and would love if football still was played like that. I admired O'Hara driving through the Armagh and Tyrone defenses a decade ago approx. I never saw Mickey Kearns play but often heard his name mentioned in reverence from those who knew their football that came before me. In '94 I was delighted to see Darcy & the Honeymans line out in Croker v the Dubs.

Why would I not want Mayo to win? They've beaten my team. But the better they do the more it reflects well on Roscommon's performance and helps us measure how far we have to go.
Do you really think I would want to see the likes of a money grabbing pundit waster like Splillane diss our province as "junk status" and be vindicated by Kerry hammering Mayo?  I love Kerry football but I would love it alot more if Andy Moran and his colleagues shoved it up their asses on Sunday.

Rivalry is all very well within a province when we compete against each other but once your team is out I support my neighbours. So what if Mayo for hammered in '04 and '06 AIs. At least they fuckin got there and came back for more. Persistence pays off. Ourselves, yourselves, Galway and leitrim could learn alot from their attitude of eternal optimism.

I try not to fight with you Sligonian but you're  a very angry boy. Dont get your bitterness at all and cant see how it helps you or Sligo.

Connacht abu.
On yer self imposed pedestals lads with the boy comments, i guess in Sligo we talk less shit than other counties, my reference to this being poor, one of the worst mayo side ive seen is my opinion just like 07 Sligo wasnt exactly a great Sligo side was it, but does that make me a bitter boy. I think not. In fact it was the opinion of alot of MAYOMEN after london....

The connacht argument is horsehit, will FOD mark roscommon progress based on Mayos results?? that is a ridiculuos conclusion. By your point if mayo lose by a 1pt on sunday that makes roscommon only 3 pts worse than Kerry :D, i dont see how your view helps roscommon....right back at you.

Rossmatt you asked yourself question i never asked in bold above btw, i asked you how it benefits other counties, it doesnt at all is the answer. And that doesnt make me angry boy, it just makes me the guy who can see through the horseshit thats written on here and i expect you not to like it.

I have absolutely no sensitivity with provincial jibes from spillane as i know he hasnt a clue about Sligo football and as i said before i dont see myself as a Connacht man, Just A Sligo one, and that doesnt make me a bad person. The truth is i dont really care how mayo do, if they win they win if they lose they lose, but im not a mayoman or kerryman so dont really give a shit. I'll probably go to the All Ireland final so Kerry and Dublin would be my ideal final tbh as neither team would bottle it.   8) 8)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Hardy

Quote from: Jinxy on August 19, 2011, 12:36:33 AM

You're not serious.

To be honest, though, you can imagine the Kerry lads batin the shite out of each other at training and you can't really picture the Mayo lads doing it.

Sam2011

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 19, 2011, 12:54:32 AM
Quote from: ross matt on August 19, 2011, 12:21:50 AM

Connacht abu.
On yer self imposed pedestals lads with the boy comments, i guess in Sligo we talk less shit than other counties, my reference to this being poor, one of the worst mayo side ive seen is my opinion just like 07 Sligo wasnt exactly a great Sligo side was it, but does that make me a bitter boy. I think not. In fact it was the opinion of alot of MAYOMEN after london....

The connacht argument is horsehit, will FOD mark roscommon progress based on Mayos results?? that is a ridiculuos conclusion. By your point if mayo lose by a 1pt on sunday that makes roscommon only 3 pts worse than Kerry :D, i dont see how your view helps roscommon....right back at you.

Rossmatt you asked yourself question i never asked in bold above btw, i asked you how it benefits other counties, it doesnt at all is the answer. And that doesnt make me angry boy, it just makes me the guy who can see through the horseshit thats written on here and i expect you not to like it.

I have absolutely no sensitivity with provincial jibes from spillane as i know he hasnt a clue about Sligo football and as i said before i dont see myself as a Connacht man, Just A Sligo one, and that doesnt make me a bad person. The truth is i dont really care how mayo do, if they win they win if they lose they lose, but im not a mayoman or kerryman so dont really give a shit. I'll probably go to the All Ireland final so Kerry and Dublin would be my ideal final tbh as neither team would bottle it.   8) 8)

If ya don't give a shit don't comment. Simple as that.

Sam2011

Quote from: Hardy on August 19, 2011, 01:09:33 AM

You're not serious.

To be honest, though, you can imagine the Kerry lads batin the shite out of each other at training and you can't really picture the Mayo lads doing it.

Ah now, I could imagine the O'Shea brothers batin' each other about who washs the dishes when they get home!!!!

Sam2011

Quote from: Lar Naparka on August 19, 2011, 12:02:13 AM
In the unexpected and continuing absence of rosnarun, I am proposing the motion;
"That Mayo have good reason to give the two-fingered salute once again to their critics everywhere."

"If Mayo were to buy in to the national consensus, they should resign themselves to the fact that they are facing the side that has taken the scalps of Tipp, Limerick  and Cork along the way. For good measure, they should note the Kingdom dissed the Shannonsiders a second time.
With credential like this, Mayo should accept the inevitable and realise that all that is expected of them is that they turn up to make up the numbers so them cute Kerry hoors will have a warm up; that is a warm up before they stuff the Dubs and bring Sam home to where he rightfully belongs."
" If Mayo were to go be the views of bookies and barstoolers, they would need to make light of the fact that Kerry only played to perceived form in the first half of the Munster Final.
Their second half display when the Langers finally woke up, would have to be forgotten. The bell, aka the long whistle, saved them.  But that is to be considered a minor inconvenience."
"Furthermore, the facts that Kerry got sickened by Down at this stage of the competition and that Cork have whupped Down twice in the interim would have to be regarded as infelicities in the mindsets of the cosy consensus brigade.
For the 'experts,' fact never supersedes prejudice where 'Mayo, God help us" is concerned.
The Rebels would have rocked Mayo back to the foothills of the Reek if only they had a full side. Therefore, Mayo should ignore the fact that they gave the Langers a flying start and found themselves seven points adrift before twenty minute shad gone by.
Fiachra Lynch was doing grand in the absence of Nick Murphy even if that lanky Langer is no more a full forward than I am an impartial commentator.
However, that's irrelevant if one wishes to go by the book.
Mayo could justifiably claim that the absence of Ronan Mcgarrity and Conor Mortimer would give them underprivileged status also but to concur with the general view, they'd need to keep their mouths shut."

"All  in all, ladies and gentlemen, I believe I have posited a strong case for the impartial, well-balanced individuals in your midst to agree with me  that "f**k the begrudgers" is the most appropriate response to all those that can't tell their arses from their elbows when logical analysis is called for.

With that, I am going to move the above motion and get to hell outa here.
I'm off to the local to torment Mad Mike and Kerry Martin; paid up members of the Kerry Brains Trust.
Like all Kerry hoors, they can talk shite and slug porter with equal ease but neither of them will take me on at bookies' odds.
Well, f**k the ..., Sorry, I think I said that already.
G'bye."

(Hope all's well with ros.)

Well said Lar! Who gives two flying f**ks what people are saying about us. At the end of the day it's about what the lads are thinking running out onto Croker.

C'MON THE GREEN AND RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spuds

Quote from: Hardy on August 19, 2011, 01:09:33 AM

You're not serious.

To be honest, though, you can imagine the Kerry lads batin the shite out of each other at training and you can't really picture the Meath lads doing it. Suppose it's because they're not training !
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard