Mayo V Kerry semi final

Started by Milltown Row2, July 31, 2011, 05:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Passed through Drumcondra this morning, can't wait for Sunday!!!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: Tubberman on August 19, 2011, 11:17:06 AM
Jaysus, RTÉ have tipped Mayo on their website.  :o
Still big underdogs, but nowhere near as written off as we were before Cork.

Read that. Thank you Seamus Leonard,whoever you are!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

squire_in_navy_slacks

squire_in_navy_slacks

david bradys all quite too...........would love to hear his wisdom on this game

muppet

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 19, 2011, 12:19:20 PM

He is tied up in a shed behind the Sportlann in Castlebar until after the match. Unless we win that is.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

My mother in law won tickets to this, so I'm taking an unexpected trip up with the Kerry contingent :D Looking forward to it now.

ross matt

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 19, 2011, 12:19:20 PM

Sorry Squire. You cant have those words in the same sentence. Please edit the post.

Farrandeelin

I've done nothing all day but think about the drama (hopefully) that will unfold on Sunday!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Tubberman on August 19, 2011, 10:26:02 AM
Quote from: ross matt on August 19, 2011, 10:21:45 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 19, 2011, 09:15:45 AM
Ross Matt

Great post.  I'll never forget  2001 when the 2 Connacht teams won the club all-irelands- Crossmolina in the fuball and Athenry in the hurling.    What a day.

Yeah Seafoid forgot about the club AIs. Also in '01 Galway were AI champions, Mayo were league champions and Ross were Connacht champions. I also think Sligo, Mayo, Ross and Galway contested the league semis that year too.

Yeah, that's right. Although, foot and mouth had a part to play in that I think. The northern teams couldn't come down to fulfill some fixtures. It was still some achievement though, having all four semi finalists from one province, never mind from the province always derided as by far the weakest.

I was at the finals in 1988 when Athenry lost the hurling and Clann lost the football so 2001 was very,  very sweet.  I thought it would never happen.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: seafoid on August 19, 2011, 02:36:34 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on August 19, 2011, 10:26:02 AM
Quote from: ross matt on August 19, 2011, 10:21:45 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 19, 2011, 09:15:45 AM
Ross Matt

Great post.  I'll never forget  2001 when the 2 Connacht teams won the club all-irelands- Crossmolina in the fuball and Athenry in the hurling.    What a day.

Yeah Seafoid forgot about the club AIs. Also in '01 Galway were AI champions, Mayo were league champions and Ross were Connacht champions. I also think Sligo, Mayo, Ross and Galway contested the league semis that year too.

Yeah, that's right. Although, foot and mouth had a part to play in that I think. The northern teams couldn't come down to fulfill some fixtures. It was still some achievement though, having all four semi finalists from one province, never mind from the province always derided as by far the weakest.

I was at the finals in 1988 when Athenry lost the hurling and Clann lost the football so 2001 was very,  very sweet.  I thought it would never happen.

I love getting in behind the Province, when we cross that river, great comradery among the people of the West. Lets hope that on the 18'th of September there will be 3 Connacht Counties on show.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 19, 2011, 02:25:38 PM
I've done nothing all day but think about the drama (hopefully) that will unfold on Sunday!

Yeah the Fair City omnibus is a great way to catch up with the goings on in Carrigstown alright. ;)

ballinaman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 19, 2011, 03:18:08 PM

Yeah the Fair City omnibus is a great way to catch up with the goings on in Carrigstown alright. ;)
I think farr was talking about the x factor results show in fairness......  :P

ross4life

RTE so far have tipped Leitrim to beat Roscommon, Roscommon to win the Connacht final & Cork to beat Mayo.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

spuds

Quote from: ballinaman on August 19, 2011, 03:20:15 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 19, 2011, 03:18:08 PM

I think farr was talking about the x factor results show in fairness......  :P
Ah stop lads, tis Coppers and the new chat up line
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

RogerMilla

Quote from: ross4life on August 19, 2011, 03:28:52 PM

RTE so far have tipped Leitrim to beat Roscommon, Roscommon to win the Connacht final & Cork to beat Mayo.

then this is their sly attempt to finally get one right