Ireland or God?

Started by mayogodhelpus@gmail.com, July 29, 2011, 02:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If you had to be loyal to only one. Would it be Ireland or God?

Ireland
20 (46.5%)
God
23 (53.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

On the whole Daddy of Chips idea. If you had to make the choice and you could only choose one. Would you pledge your loyalty to Ireland or God. Now let the Christians out there remember if God really does exist, that he will know which one you chose. Remember the confession box only works if you don't pre-plan to use it as a get of gaol/jail free card  ;)

So which will it be, loyalty to Ireland or loyalty to God?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Tyrones own

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 29, 2011, 02:48:55 AM
On the whole Daddy of Chips idea. If you had to make the choice and you could only choose one. Would you pledge your loyalty to Ireland or God. Now let the Christians out there remember if God really does exist, that he will know which one you chose. Remember the confession box only works if you don't pre-plan to use it as a get of gaol/jail free card  ;)

::) And yet it's the Christian right that is continually hounded and portrayed as being out and out crazies/fcuked up in the head  ::)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

el_cuervo_fc

What scenario would bring about this decision?

Given the choice would you cut off your arms or your legs?

Would you choose black teeth or no teeth?

Red or black in roulette?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 29, 2011, 06:20:03 AM

This was meant in a fun way. Like the Dad or Chips question. I am interested to know where peoples loyalty lie. It would be interesting to know where the loyalties of our Irishmen and women lie. The question is a very easy one for me, Ireland all the way. For someone who is very very religious, God may be the easy option. But it is the middle ground which is the most intriguing to discover.

el_cuervo_fc

To win the lotto or live forever was a question on 8 out of 10 cats. Most people said the lotto. I'd probably be the same. Living forever would get tedious after a while. Floating around in space after the world had been blown up wouldn't be too nice either.

I was serious about the red of black question. You hear people from time to time saying they'd love to head to Vegas and stick it all on red.  I'm not so sure about red.

Do you mean loyalty to God as in tell the devil to f**k off?

Which God are you on about by the way?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 29, 2011, 06:49:38 AM
To win the lotto or live forever was a question on 8 out of 10 cats. Most people said the lotto. I'd probably be the same. Living forever would get tedious after a while. Floating around in space after the world had been blown up wouldn't be too nice either.

I was serious about the red of black question. You hear people from time to time saying they'd love to head to Vegas and stick it all on red.  I'm not so sure about red.

Well if you want a silly barstool senario (in the spirit of the what if game)

If you choose God, Ireland is destroyed, every grain of soil, sand, peat etc. and the Irish people destroyed after a period of slavery, but if God turns out to be real then the entire population of the Earth for all time including the Irish live forever in the afterlife in a state of happiness.

If you choose Ireland, Ireland prospers and is a happy place and its people live healthy, happy and prosperous lifes. If God is real you and the Irish people on their individual dealths burn in the fires of hell forever, but if God is not real everything ends for you when you die and you have enjoyed life and future generations of Irish live a life of happiness for as long as their lifes lasts.

If you want to take the question more seriously

You could just answer it based on a real life scenario. What happens if the Law of the Irish People and the Laws of God clash, who are you going to side with.

The God I talk about is probably the one of the Judaic-Christian-Islamic traditions.

JUst retired

maygodhelpus, Obviously you have chosen God. Your definition in the bottom line says it all. ;D ;D ;D

el_cuervo_fc

Id say I'd have to live in the now. The thing about it is though, I'd say God would let you in at the end anyway as long as you lived a decent enough life. You would also have given the people of Ireland a great gift in the way of happiness an prosperity. God is bound to respect your sacrifice in that scenario.

Yip I'd take Ireland.

So, red or black?

screenexile

Quote from: Tyrones own on July 29, 2011, 04:19:37 AM
Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 29, 2011, 02:48:55 AM

::) And yet it's the Christian right that is continually hounded and portrayed as being out and out crazies/fcuked up in the head  ::)

But they are!!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 29, 2011, 06:40:00 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 29, 2011, 06:20:03 AM

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on July 29, 2011, 07:13:07 AM
Quote from: el_cuervo_fc on July 29, 2011, 06:49:38 AM

Well if you want a silly barstool senario (in the spirit of the what if game)

If you choose God, Ireland is destroyed, every grain of soil, sand, peat etc. and the Irish people destroyed after a period of slavery, but if God turns out to be real then the entire population of the Earth for all time including the Irish live forever in the afterlife in a state of happiness.

If you choose Ireland, Ireland prospers and is a happy place and its people live healthy, happy and prosperous lifes. If God is real you and the Irish people on their individual dealths burn in the fires of hell forever, but if God is not real everything ends for you when you die and you have enjoyed life and future generations of Irish live a life of happiness for as long as their lifes lasts.

If you want to take the question more seriously

You could just answer it based on a real life scenario. What happens if the Law of the Irish People and the Laws of God clash, who are you going to side with.

The God I talk about is probably the one of the Judaic-Christian-Islamic traditions.

Like the Dad or Chips question. I am interested to know where peoples loyalty lie. It would be interesting to know where the loyalties of our Irishmen and women lie. The question is a very easy one for me, Ireland all the way. For someone who is very very religious, God may be the easy option. But it is the middle ground which is the most intriguing to discover.

Bollocks - your usual agenda - and could you have loaded the question anymore?  ::)
Tbc....

mylestheslasher

Sounds like a question the pope would ask! Unless God comes down and directly gives me the choices I won't be able to make my mind up.

Midman

Midman

On a side note if you have 'for God and Ulster'  why not 'For God and Ireland' thus removing the need for any choice whatsoever*

*assumes we are the chosen people, which would make us the 5556th group to claim this status

Banana Man

Quote from: hardstation on July 29, 2011, 09:48:23 AM
I can see how this one pans out.

We all weigh in behind Ireland against God. The free staters do a side deal with God so that they claim victory, leaving us nordies to get the shit kicked out of us. Then when we fight back, using the same tactics that were always used, we are lambasted by the free state. The free state then invite God to to Dublin and Cork, like the sun shines out of his hole.

:D  :D  :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Here MGHU, go on tell me who I voted for in the thread.
Tbc....