News of the World Hacking Scandal

Started by Tony Baloney, July 05, 2011, 08:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

No comment? I thought The S*n was a rag!

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ziggysego

Actually makes me physically angry. Gutter rag.
Testing Accessibility

gallsman

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 05, 2011, 08:01:30 PM
No comment? I thought The S*n was a rag!

Is it not effectively The Sun on a Sunday?

Whatever about hacking celebrities to feed its gossip machine, hacking Millie Dowler's voicemail is beyond disgusting. Heard some big advertising names like Ford have already started pulling out.

Minder

This will be a real shitstorm for quite a few people. Murdoch about to take over BSKYB. Murdoch endorsed Cameron as the "candidate of change" before last years General Election, and probably donated to them. In fairness he backs whoever will be in power so he can get his claws in. Rebekah Brooks is also allegedly friendly with Samantha Cameron.

It was fairly noticeable that the red tops didnt run with this story as their main story today, probably getting a bit hot under the collar. The Guardian have had some excellent coverage of it. In fairness The Times ran it as their main story today and Sky News have been all over it today, which was mildly surprising as Murdoch owns both of them.

There will probably be a "full, independent, transparent inquiry", headed by Rupert Murdoch.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on July 05, 2011, 08:19:08 PM
This will be a real shitstorm for quite a few people. Murdoch about to take over BSKYB. Murdoch endorsed Cameron as the "candidate of change" before last years General Election, and probably donated to them. In fairness he backs whoever will be in power so he can get his claws in. Rebekah Brooks is also allegedly friendly with Samantha Cameron.

It was fairly noticeable that the red tops didnt run with this story as their main story today, probably getting a bit hot under the collar. The Guardian have had some excellent coverage of it. In fairness The Times ran it as their main story today and Sky News have been all over it today, which was mildly surprising as Murdoch owns both of them.

There will probably be a "full, independent, transparent inquiry", headed by Rupert Murdoch.
Close enough, Rebekah Brooks is going to lead the investigation into herself. I hope she finds herself absolved of any wrongdoing.

Is there no level these rags won't stoop to. The Beeb hung a number of people out to dry over a misguided joke to Manuel The Waiter so expect heads to roll...

red hander

The chickens are certainly coming home to roost.  The NoW thought it had ridden out the storm with a couple of sacrificial lambs and backhanders to high-ranking officers in Scotland Yard after the original investigation.  The behaviour of police at that time was an absolute disgrace.  It was only through good investigative journalism by the Guardian and in America that the lid the cops thought they'd put on it blew off ... and now there is going to be a shitstorm.  The fact advertisers are now pulling out means Murdoch will wield the axe big style to try and limit the damage ... it's not only in London the NoW hacked phones, they also did it from Dublin, and there are a couple of people who used to work for the rag down there who are sitting very uncomfortably at the minute - I can't wait to see them arrested over the scandal  ;D

Minder

Private Eye saying that Murdoch was going to give Brooks the boot in January when they sacked the NOTW sacked their assistant editor and Coulson resigned as the Tory spin doctor but she pleaded with her pal, shiny face Cameron, to intervene on her behalf and Murdoch relented.

boojangles

Minder

Saw an interview earlier with Max Clifford, and he went to bat for Rebekah Brooks, saying there was no way she would have known about the hacking.

Case closed & everyone move along.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on July 05, 2011, 09:30:43 PM
Saw an interview earlier with Max Clifford, and he went to bat for Rebekah Brooks, saying there was no way she would have known about the hacking.

Case closed & everyone move along.
How the f**k would he know? She should be locked up!

Minder

She is fcuked i would say. This is the front of tomorrows Independent.

Aaron Boone

Noone ever leaves me messages for someone to hack.

Tony Baloney

They apparently hacked the phone of the detective investigating the murder. Scum.

Cameron will have to pull some strokes to make this go away fast.

imtommygunn

There will no doubt be a scapegoat. Who's to say it'll be the right one though.