SOmething to help the atmosphere at games (Segregation)

Started by Thewhataboutery, July 03, 2011, 12:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Derry fans segregate themselves. They stay in Derry when the game is in Clones! 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

HiMucker

No singing/chanting is because there is always plenty of action.  You dont hear tehm chanting a soccer games when someone is clean through on goal.  Just basically when it is getting passed around the middle, thow in, corners, free kicks, were they take forever to hit.  So basically quite alot!   Mind you with the way Donegal are developing the game, there might be alot more chanting  ;) "One nil to the Donegal, One nil to the Donegal"

Bingo

Quote from: Hardy on July 04, 2011, 02:39:01 PM
What happened to the air horns anyway? I didn't notice they were gone until you mentioned it.

Weren't they banned or that? Think it says on tickets that they aren't allowed in?

The late 80's they were hundreds of them at games.

Farrandeelin

I like the 'Mayo, Mayo, Mayo, Mayo' chant (when we're on a roll during a good game). Apart from that, this is the most pointless discussion I've read on this board.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ziggysego

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 04, 2011, 05:17:44 PM
I like the 'Mayo, Mayo, Mayo, Mayo' chant (when we're on a roll during a good game). Apart from that, this is the most pointless discussion I've read on this board.

Never heard them sing that before.
Testing Accessibility

Eamonnca1

Have to hand it to the Clare fans for getting around the problem of having a single-syllable name.  They get the bodhrans out and go "Dum-dum-dum dum dum Dum-dum-dum dum dum Dum-dum-dum dum dum - dum CLARE!"

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 04, 2011, 06:30:34 PM
Have to hand it to the Clare fans for getting around the problem of having a single-syllable name.  They get the bodhrans out and go "Dum-dum-dum dum dum Dum-dum-dum dum dum Dum-dum-dum dum dum - dum CLARE!"

They do that occasionally alright, but they also do that brutal two syllable version. Clay-Air.

When Offaly are going well, scarce at this stage, with a big crowd (even scarcer), the chant Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili is good. It's like a crowd of Zulus or something.

Jinxy

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 04, 2011, 07:51:06 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 04, 2011, 06:30:34 PM

They do that occasionally alright, but they also do that brutal two syllable version. Clay-Air.

When Offaly are going well, scarce at this stage, with a big crowd (even scarcer), the chant Uibh Fhaili, Uibh Fhaili is good. It's like a crowd of Zulus or something.

Jimmy Cooney: "They look angry. Maybe it'll be alright if I just explain to them it was an honest mistake?"
Linesman: "f**k that, they'll tear us apart!"
If you were any use you'd be playing.

squire_in_navy_slacks

No to segregation, a stupid stupid thought btw...............................

Hill 16 is open to all counties, its a shame more country folk dont venture in and sample the atmosphere, I wonder why so many county managers always say how they appreciate the atmosphere dublin fans bring the games

Orourke, brolly and spillane are always complementing the atmosphere when dublin play......................mcstay up yer hole

Lar Naparka

Nothing like "C'mon Meyoooo," with "for f**k sake" as an optional extra, to get my pulse racing. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Bogball XV

Quote from: ziggysego on July 04, 2011, 05:38:50 PM

I thought you were a tyrone man Ziggy??

Royalranter

My favourite song, which still gets sung today, is the Ollie Murphy song. It goes like this... Ollie Murphy, Ollie Murphy, Ollie Ollie Murphy, he's got no hair but we don't care, Ollie Ollie Murphy
Let em know your there

Jinxy

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 04, 2011, 10:37:44 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 04, 2011, 05:38:50 PM

I thought you were a tyrone man Ziggy??

Nicely done.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Thewhataboutery

Quote from: HiMucker on July 04, 2011, 03:46:15 PM
No singing/chanting is because there is always plenty of action.  You dont hear tehm chanting a soccer games when someone is clean through on goal.  Just basically when it is getting passed around the middle, thow in, corners, free kicks, were they take forever to hit.  So basically quite alot!   Mind you with the way Donegal are developing the game, there might be alot more chanting  ;) "One nil to the Donegal, One nil to the Donegal"

1.Considering you are an Ulster man ffs your teams love to pass it around the middle. Donegal fans would be horse coming from every game.  :D

2.As far the poster who said meeting other county fans is what makes the day, ffs that says a lot about the standard of the match or at least your county. What makes the day is going with your friends to the match and seeing your county win or at least play a good game not making small talk to culchie strangers.

3.There seems to be an even split for those for and against the motion, i hope it is something brought forward at congress.