GAA player critical after off the ball incident in San Francisco

Started by mick999, June 28, 2011, 09:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AidyMac

as far as I am aware, the Belcoo club are in the process of getting something set up. There should be something sorted soon

stephenite

If anyone get's details of an account can they PM me. Not on the board as often these days and can miss threads/posts.

Jinxy

When the account details are sorted out I'm sure the mods could make it a sticky.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 15, 2011, 09:52:27 AM
Does anyone know if there's a fund or anything? He's in the right place to get excellent care, but he will need insurance money or else some other way of paying his bills.

If this is determined a criminal act he/the family can in turn (I hate this part) sue the offender for medical payment and punitive damages. Also the family should check and see if there is a victims relief fund in CA. A friend of mine was jumped by 8+ guys and spent a week in the hospital but a very nice DR informed me him that the state of IL offered this to victims of crime to cover the cost of care ONLY if they have no insurance.

On the flip side he could just walk away from the bills and not return to the states or declare bankruptcy.

I imagine he is in an ICU unit were the daily expenses soar above $25,000+ a day. From what has been mentioned on here he will need rehab and more likely long term care which will keep adding to the expenses.

Horrible story.

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

snippets

Different debate for an entirely different day but any units of the gaa playing non insured players should be shut down or regulated. Just hope the lad and his family can be protected in all this   
this bus aint gonna drive itself.

Jinxy

Aidy, I think you should start a new thread with just a few sentences explaining the background and include the link above and ask the mods to make it a sticky. Otherwise it'll slip off the first page and lots of people won't see it. If people see it and don't wish to donate money that's fine, but it would be an awful shame if people that would otherwise donate money were not aware of the details. Lord knows the family will need all the help they can get.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

spuds

Quote from: AidyMac on July 20, 2011, 04:18:09 PM
An online donation has been set up at: https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/markmcgovernsupportfund

Won't allow me to put in an UK address, want the extra few bob to be "reclaimed" from giftaid.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

RMDrive

Fair play to all the people who collected at the weekend in Clones. I hope that people gave generously (that certainly seemed to be the case from what I saw).

AidyMac

Quote from: Jinxy on July 20, 2011, 04:48:48 PM
Aidy, I think you should start a new thread with just a few sentences explaining the background and include the link above and ask the mods to make it a sticky. Otherwise it'll slip off the first page and lots of people won't see it. If people see it and don't wish to donate money that's fine, but it would be an awful shame if people that would otherwise donate money were not aware of the details. Lord knows the family will need all the help they can get.

Cheers Jinxy - will chat to the mods about this

J OGorman

Just seen the new thread re GAA in San Francisco and remembered about this incident

Whats the latest with the player does anyone know?

Still no-one come forward to offer evidence?

heffo

J OGorman

Quote from: heffo on September 07, 2011, 10:36:33 AM
No-one has come forward as of yet.

what the feck is going on, surely a reck of folk seen what happened...does no-one else find this scandalous and sickening?  :(

theskull1

Any information about how much was raised at croker on Sunday. I hope he got plenty of support
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

HiMucker

I thought the guy that done it came forward.  Am I mixing this up with an other incident?