GAA player critical after off the ball incident in San Francisco

Started by mick999, June 28, 2011, 09:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

I would imagine that many of those who saw the incident would not be in a position to testify due to their immigration status.

Jinxy

God it's great to see him looking so well.
Whatever about the rest of the story, his health is the main thing and he seems to have made an unbelievable recovery.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

I hope he makes a full recovery.

2 aspects of this story are very disturbing. The first is criminality on the pitch and the other one is liability and who is responsible for all his medical bills.  In other countries the player who landed the blow and all other players would be required to have liability insurance. 

stew

Quote from: EagleLord on September 14, 2011, 11:38:28 AM
Interested to know what the actual charge would be? Becasue you have to look at the intent. This was no accident. He deliberatly set out to serious hurt the person. Mark was close to death. So it would seem to be more than GBH, but I dont think you could call it attempted murder.. Whats inbetween GBH and attempted murder?

Nothing.

GBH should get him five years at least, he didnt try to kill the lad but he did intend him harm, to me he should do five years and the club he plays for should be on the lamb for the medical fee's.

The lad who got injured should go after him in for damages, if nothing else that would put manners on him.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tony Baloney

Some recovery from the report on BBCNI. Auld mascara eyes got a nice trip too.

NaomhBridAbú

thats the best GAA footage I've seen in a long time - great determination to recover like that. Fair play to him and delighted for his friends and family. They seem to have have worked extremely hard raising money for him. Keep her lit.
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Don Johnson

Just seen it there now. Some recovery he has made. Been told he can't play GAA again though which is sad. Good to see him say though that he would do anything, waterboy or anything, just to be in the changing rooms and part of it.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Doogie Browser

Croí na hÉireann

That's some recovery, delighted to see that clip. Hope the family gets sorted financially.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

spuds

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 29, 2011, 11:15:11 PM
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-15114479

Great news, fair play to him.

In a time when every sports player and TV personality are deemed legends, Mark is truely an inspiration. Really brings home spoilt brats like Tevez etc. when listening to this clip of Mark wanting to get back involved with football at any level possible even though told he would never play again. A true man of character.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard