Fermanagh v Mayo NFL

Started by Redgreenery, March 04, 2007, 10:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermBoy

Not sure if the team mentioned by FermPundit is correct, thats probably what was put in the paper, but as we have come to know over this last few years, Fermanagh can never have a team picked to put in the mid-week papers(Don't know why,every other county can!)I think you will find Eamon Maguire and Mark Little in the corner forward positions with Ciaran McElroy full forward..................as for Bradley, weather may not be suitable yet, usually only makes an appearance in the later stages of the league so he gets a chane in the Championship  ;)

FermPundit

yep, that is the fermanagh team named in the press. I've been impressed with Ciaran McElroy so far this year. He won a lot of ball against Tyrone and Kerry and he works very hard. I don't think the tactic of using Womble at full forward has really worked. I would play him at midfield with Marty. If Eamon Maguire and Mark Little show a bit of form tomorrow its a decent enough looking full forward line.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

FermBoy

Ye, Maxi has showed well in the games he has played.Womble is better suited to midfield, hes the best fielder we have and can get into alot of space off the ball.Little doesn't seem to want to know at the minute..............most of the team are playing well within themselves so at least we know they have more to offer.I reckon Damien Kelly should be due a run soon.Not sure if Charlie has the right selectors onboard though!!

FermPundit

yeah, you could argue about the fermanagh selectors but the reality is we have a very small pool of players to pick from and bar a few players and positional changes the teams selected this year have been ok. You're right about Damien Kelly. I'm surprised he hasn't been used so far this year. I also think Tommy McElroy and Ryan Keenan could also make positive contributions if given an opportunity to start a game this year.

J70

Quote from: FermBoy on March 10, 2007, 04:43:39 PM
Not sure if the team mentioned by FermPundit is correct, thats probably what was put in the paper, but as we have come to know over this last few years, Fermanagh can never have a team picked to put in the mid-week papers(Don't know why,every other county can!)I think you will find Eamon Maguire and Mark Little in the corner forward positions with Ciaran McElroy full forward..................as for Bradley, weather may not be suitable yet, usually only makes an appearance in the later stages of the league so he gets a chane in the Championship  ;)

McIvor is a Friday or Saturday man too!

Redgreenery

So the day of the game has arrived!!!
Looking forward to the match. I predict a close enough game but in the end a Mayo win is the result I expect
as Fermanagh are not on the best form, but then again neither are Mayo and with the loss of players to the Mayo side I wouldnt be over-confident.
Mayo to win.

FermPundit

unhappy to see the rain again. Fermanagh hate the wet damp conditions. Hopefully it should be a tight enough game. If we lose we can start preparing for division 3 next year. this should be motivation in itself. 2 points today is a must!!

Tubberman

Fermanagh 1-2 Mayo 0-2 after 15 mins.
Fermanagh have all the posession and are cleaning midfield by the sound of things
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

mayo51

mayo0.7 fermanagh 1.2  22 min gone

Tubberman

7pts to 1-2 now. Conor Mort seems to be back on form

mayo51

h.t mayo 0.7 fermanagh 1.2   mayo have kicked 8 wides. after slow start mayo have begun to dominate.

mayo51

mayo 0.9  fermanagh 1.2  10 min second half. fermanagh missing alot of frees

Tubberman

11pts to 1-4. Fermanagh making chances but can't score. Conor Mort has scored 6 pts

Tubberman

Full time 12 pts to 1-7.
Decent hard working performance according to Mid-West. Fermanagh could have won but they were brutal in the forwards

mayo51

f.t mayo0.12 fermanagh 1.7   c.mort scored 0.7.  0.4 from play.t.mort m.o.m  on midwest