Tyrone v Monaghan - Sun 5 June - UCQF

Started by tyroneman, April 16, 2011, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2011, 08:32:12 PM
Brian McGuigan looks seriously strong there - breaks every tackle. O'Neill still some player too - be interesting to see what he does on a drier day.

Monaghan's no. 2 looks like a sc**bag and no. 4 not far behind them. Seem very reliant on 3 or 4 players.

Funniest moment had to be Sean Cavanagh claiming to the ref about the Monaghan no. 12 diving- pot kettle black sean...
Doubt, even though Tyrone slowed up second half, anyone will beat them in ulster.

Funny enough but definitely the funniest moment in my eyes was on the telly - the block and finlay pushing each other and looking like they were going to box and then the final whistle goes and immediately both put out there hands to shake! thought it was hilarious!!! Anyone else see this?

nrico2006

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 06, 2011, 09:48:36 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2011, 08:32:12 PM
Brian McGuigan looks seriously strong there - breaks every tackle. O'Neill still some player too - be interesting to see what he does on a drier day.

Monaghan's no. 2 looks like a sc**bag and no. 4 not far behind them. Seem very reliant on 3 or 4 players.

Funniest moment had to be Sean Cavanagh claiming to the ref about the Monaghan no. 12 diving- pot kettle black sean...
Doubt, even though Tyrone slowed up second half, anyone will beat them in ulster.

Funny enough but definitely the funniest moment in my eyes was on the telly - the block and finlay pushing each other and looking like they were going to box and then the final whistle goes and immediately both put out there hands to shake! thought it was hilarious!!! Anyone else see this?

Aye, seen that at the end.  Funny. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Radda bout yeee

I hate to say I told you so but Davy Harte and Brian Dooher don't deserve a first 15 jersey.
Looks like Mark Donnelly and SON could be a good combination inside this year although Donnelly could take on the shot himself sometimes instead of being so unselfish!
Sean Cavanagh will grow in mid field and if he cuts out the yapping he'll be twice the footballer this year and give Tyrone a better chance of september football!

bloodybreakball

Funny enough but definitely the funniest moment in my eyes was on the telly - the block and finlay pushing each other and looking like they were going to box and then the final whistle goes and immediately both put out there hands to shake! thought it was hilarious!!!

ahhh that was fairly funny, what burns said after the match was brave and funny too. somebody already posted it there. "dick ride the donkey a bit close to the tail"

rrhf

What did we make of the replacements

Main Street

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2011, 09:35:27 PM
If any other player gave away possession like Dooher they'd have got the gaff early in the second half.
I don't know exactly what you are trying to say there but it sounds like a load of Baloney.
What have you been watching these past years, have you not learnt anything?
I see why Mickey Harte needs the Sam Maguire so bad, it's about the only thing that compensates for having to explain such a glaringly obvious tactic in playing Dooher all the game.
Heavy lies the crown

Quote from: tyroneman on June 05, 2011, 08:11:51 PM

Dooher 5 - really poor by his standards. Slow and gave the ball away more than anyOne else. Fair play he always wanted it but just a bad day at the office. Pace gOne.
[/quote]

Jesus wept and I'm speechless.

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 06, 2011, 09:51:46 AM
I hate to say I told you so but Davy Harte and Brian Dooher don't deserve a first 15 jersey.

The whining never stops

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Main Street on June 06, 2011, 11:15:52 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2011, 09:35:27 PM
If any other player gave away possession like Dooher they'd have got the gaff early in the second half.
I don't know exactly what you are trying to say there but it sounds like a load of Baloney.
What have you been watching these past years, have you not learnt anything?
I see why Mickey Harte needs the Sam Maguire so bad, it's about the only thing that compensates for having to explain such a glaringly obvious tactic in playing Dooher all the game.
Heavy lies the crown

Quote from: tyroneman on June 05, 2011, 08:11:51 PM

Dooher 5 - really poor by his standards. Slow and gave the ball away more than anyOne else. Fair play he always wanted it but just a bad day at the office. Pace gOne.

Jesus wept and I'm speechless.

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 06, 2011, 09:51:46 AM

The whining never stops
[/quote]

Maybe its a reflection of Tyrone's success compared to other counties I could name, that we call it like it is and that past reputation should count for nothing and if your not playing well get out as we're here to win not reminisce!!!  ;D

Mr. Nakata

Subs were interesting. McCarron was unlucky but that's the way it goes, yellow on the danger man=straight off. Colm for Petey Harte I found strange. I thought the young lad had a quiet opening 15 or 20 but eventually started to warm to the task. I thought taking him off so early in the 2nd half was harsh. Carlin made a few basic errors which cost us. Ruthless from the beard to take off a sub, but no complaints there. Penrose getting the hook was strange as well. He's now one of our key attackers but I suppose his head had dropped after missing the pen. A lot of his tackling was penalized as well which I think wouldn't have been on a dry day. The biggest mystery for me was how Davy and Dooher lasted the 70. When red sean warmed up to come on we were saying there goes Davy, but alas, the number 5 appears to be undroppable. I am not a Davy hater by the way, I just think sometimes like yesterday, he looks completely lost. With regards Dooher, Harte refused to take him off against the Dubs and did so again yesterday. It's as if it will be pschologically damaging to the team to have the skipper hauled ashore. Loyalty to his men again. Same old discussion.....

INDIANA

Quite impressed with Tyrone last night watching them.

Look a lot better then last year anyway.

Wouldnt have them in Cork's bracket though.

DCR

Saw Petey Harte pulling back on a couple of occasions yesterday. Does he have a problem?

Tommo2

Quote from: DCR on June 06, 2011, 01:30:03 PM
Saw Petey Harte pulling back on a couple of occasions yesterday. Does he have a problem?

Doe "pulling back" also mean "pulling out"?

Radda bout yeee

Also meant to say earlier were Monaghan not one of the dirtiest outfits you've seen in a while? Think it was a bit rich Monaghan manger complaining about the ref - if anything he was worse to Tyrone I thought!

EC Unique

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on June 06, 2011, 01:55:17 PM
Also meant to say earlier were Monaghan not one of the dirtiest outfits you've seen in a while? Think it was a bit rich Monaghan manger complaining about the ref - if anything he was worse to Tyrone I thought!

They are an inferior footballing team so thought rough stuff would help even it out a bit. They always seem to try this but fail to see that it does not work.

tbrick18

Monaghan have been dirty ever since Banty took over and that type of play is still prevalent with them now.
A poor side with only a couple of top players in Hughes and Finlay. Withouth Tommy Freemen they wont get scores and I can see them gettin beat the next time out too.

Doogie Browser

Monaghan knew they did not have the scoring potency to outscore Tyrone, went for the physical approach and it backfired.