Tyrone v Monaghan - Sun 5 June - UCQF

Started by tyroneman, April 16, 2011, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cadhlancian

Quote from: Main Street on April 29, 2011, 08:37:15 PM
'Monaghan's worst fears have been realised with confirmation that Tommy Freeman is heading to New York'

Now that we have our worst fears (and our best player) behind us, there is nothing that can faze us now.
I suppose it would be outrageous to speculate on why exactly he is going to New York?? Totally understand that times are at an all time low and that work is lite...theres not a lot floating about this side of the atlantic either! No point in beating about the bush, is he getting a "considerable" payment from the Leitrim Club in New York, smells strongly of this. Somehow , I think you are gonna see this happening a lot more in the near future, particularly with teams who exit the championship and if were being honest, have no real AI aspirations. I suppose you have to do what you have to do :-\

CK_Redhand

Where would be a good place to watch this game in London?  I booked a holiday without thinking of my beloved Tyrone haha

Redhand Santa

Phily Jordan looked in great shape today. Would have been pity if he hadnt come back.

Main Street

Redhand Santa

Think he has that pleasure next week!

Club Rossa

Moortown were sent home from Ardboe on Saturday evening with their tails between their legs,like wee mice they were!!

Main Street

It's a sad day for Tyrone manly football when Moortown have to pull their punches.

donelli

Have been told that Freeman is staying now... was going to leitrim new york but not anymore.

anyone know when the throw in time will be decided?? its on the ulster gaa website as 3.30pm (as are all the sunday ulster quarter finals), but i presume there will be changes made for tv (2pm or 4pm).

armaghniac

Quoteanyone know when the throw in time will be decided?? its on the ulster gaa website as 3.30pm (as are all the sunday ulster quarter finals), but i presume there will be changes made for tv (2pm or 4pm).

If this game is not on RTE/TV3 then the BBC can show it at whatever time they want.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Orangemac

I don't know what odds Monaghan are for this game (7/2?) but they couldn't ask for a more ideal build up.

Relegation and away to Tyrone, they are gong in well below the radar. They may have been well beaten in last years final but for the most part it will be the same sets of players. A lot of people had Monaghan as favourites for that final and they haven't become a poor team overnight.

Fuzzman

Any chance of a run down on your favourite starting 15 and maybe likely replacements

Will Jordan slot straight back in to his No 7 jersey?
Will Ricey be going back into the corner with that familiar half back line being brought back?

Will Justy go back in at FB if he's fit again?

Will Tommy be in with a shout at half forward
Will Mugsy get a starting slot or will he be supersub
Will SoN be fit again?

I'd like to see Donnelly get a starting place anyway maybe at the expense of Mugsy & it wil be interesting to see how Dooher & Peter Harte fit into this team. Will the two Cavanagh's be playing wing forward all season?

Mid Mon

Quote from: donelli on May 04, 2011, 09:59:17 PM
Have been told that Freeman is staying now... was going to leitrim new york but not anymore.

anyone know when the throw in time will be decided?? its on the ulster gaa website as 3.30pm (as are all the sunday ulster quarter finals), but i presume there will be changes made for tv (2pm or 4pm).

Heard a few rumors re job offers for him following the announcement of his decision to move to the US.

Probably had a similar set up in the previous regime

armaghniac

QuoteHeard a few rumors re job offers for him following the announcement of his decision to move to the US.

Hopefully the US immigration people were reading this board, they might even go to the game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sleater

I'll make an effort at predicting the Monaghan team

1. Mark Keogh, Sean McDermotts
2. Kieran Duffy, Latton
3. Darren Hughes, Scotstown
4. Colin Walsh, Doohamlet
5. Conor Galligan, Monaghan Harps
6. Dessie Mone, Clontibret
7. David Hughes, Monaghan Harps
8. Neil McAdam, Monaghan Harps
9. Eoin Lennon, Latton
10. Dick Clerkin, Currin
11. Mark Downey, Carrickmacross
12. James Turley, Scotstown
13. Conor McManus, Clontibret
14. Paul Finlay, Ballybay
15. Chris McGuinness, Ballybay

Some cavaets on this through:

Vinny Corey - been injured for a while so unsure of his fitness, but if he's fit, he could well start at wing back in place of either of the Harps lads.
Conor McManus - seen Conor at the Take Me Out event in the Hillgrove and he was on crutches. Unsure if he will be fit to play.
Gavin Doogan - was in great form before his ankle injury. Again unsure if he will be back from it for the championship match. A cast iron certainty to start if is 100% fit and ahead of James Turley.
Tommy Freeman - will he, won't he go? Who knows.
Kieran Hughes (Scotstown) is only back training with his club so very unlikely to be back for the championship panel. A pity as I think he would have nailed down a wing back slot this year.

There would be one or two wildcard selections: Daniel McKenna (Truagh),  Bernard O'Brien (Latton), Stephen Gollogly (Carrickmacross) and Mark McNally (Carrickmacross) are all showing good form at club level and in challenge games at present. One or two of them could get a run from the bench as subs.

Main Street

If Tommy does come back, it will outdo the spectacle effect of El Cid's last ride on his horse.

Is Mickey still playing that card, the now annual contrived drama of dragging his wounded warriors from their hospital beds?
Ye Tyronies would fall for the 3 card trick every week.