Tyrone v Monaghan - Sun 5 June - UCQF

Started by tyroneman, April 16, 2011, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

BBC not showing it live either, just deferred coverage.

Main Street

Tyrone's stock has really fallen, even below Meath.

Seeing as the game is an  obvious  wrap for Tyrone, the foregone conclusion is probably a factor as well.

Maguire01

Quote from: Sleater on May 06, 2011, 11:51:30 AM
Conor McManus - seen Conor at the Take Me Out event in the Hillgrove and he was on crutches. Unsure if he will be fit to play.
Did somebody literally 'take him out'?

Sleater

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 06, 2011, 07:27:00 PM
Quote from: Sleater on May 06, 2011, 11:51:30 AM
Conor McManus - seen Conor at the Take Me Out event in the Hillgrove and he was on crutches. Unsure if he will be fit to play.
Did somebody literally 'take him out'?

LOL  ;D. Seriously though, I think Conor came down badly on his ankle in a league game with the Harps.

On another note, Vinny Corey is back and flying fit so likely to start against Tyrone. Tommy Freeman also played at the weekend so I'm really not sure what the story is with Tommy. Is he just playing with Magheracloone until he goes or did he manage to get a job at home and is staying?

bustsummoves

Whats peoples predictions for the Tyrone team against Monaghan?

Fuzzman

The team I think Mickey will pick is

McConnell
Ricey
Justy
Carlin
Davey Harte
Gormley
Jordan
Cassidy
Hub
Colm
Brian Mcguigan
Sean
Donnelly
SoN
Mugsy

Mr. Nakata

Fuzzman, you're missing penfold there, surely one of the first names on the teamsheet. McCaul and Swift will be hard done by if they are omitted but Jordan's return means he's bound to go straight back in, so at least one of those two look like losing out.

Radda bout yeee

The team I think Mickey will pick is

McConnell
McCaul
Justy
Carlin
Davey Harte
Gormley
Ricey
Cassidy
Goof
Mugsy
Brian McGigan
Sean Cavanagh
Donnelly
SON
Penrose

Fuzzman

How how could I have forgotten Penfold. Sorry Marty though I doubt he'll knock out McConnell as the 1st name on the teamsheet.

Do you think Hub will be left out Radda? Why?
Mugsy at 10 is an interesting choice. Is it to help out the defence like Dooher used to do.
He does seem to rove out the field a lot in the last few years and play a deeper role.
I wouldn't even be surprised to see Sean back in at MF.
How's McGinley coming along now?

I also wouldn't at all be surprised to see Dooher start or for SoN not to start. I think he's still far from being injury free. Mickey always likes to throw a curved ball for the 1st round game.

Its a long time since we won a 1st round game in Omagh convincingly I think. We needed Peter to help out v Down in 2005 was it?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 10, 2011, 01:48:23 PM
How how could I have forgotten Penfold. Sorry Marty though I doubt he'll knock out McConnell as the 1st name on the teamsheet.

Do you think Hub will be left out Radda? Why?
Mugsy at 10 is an interesting choice. Is it to help out the defence like Dooher used to do.
He does seem to rove out the field a lot in the last few years and play a deeper role.
I wouldn't even be surprised to see Sean back in at MF.
How's McGinley coming along now?

I also wouldn't at all be surprised to see Dooher start or for SoN not to start. I think he's still far from being injury free. Mickey always likes to throw a curved ball for the 1st round game.

Its a long time since we won a 1st round game in Omagh convincingly I think. We needed Peter to help out v Down in 2005 was it?

Dunno why I have omitted hub - just have a feeling plus as you say he will throw a curve ball in - mugsy at 10 becasue he's not as dangerous for scores as he use to be plus he looks like he's full of work in recent months. Also think he has to start donnelly on the basis of form.
Think Jordan could lose out just because of all this will he or won't he nonsense recently - even though he's better than most - certainly better than Davy whose been clinging on for a while now IMO.
He could start some of the u-21's though as a surprise - most likely out of that bunch petey harte??? would like to see him get a start at some stage.

I think Omagh has became a very bad ground for tyrone!!! Always liked Dungannon back in the day - but obviously not the required standard now!

Fuzzman

Do people reckon Colm is a better midfielder than Sean?

Has Mickey got to the stage where he doesn't know where to play Sean now or has he settled on half forward. His attributes of running with the ball and kicking good scores would suggest this is his best position.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 10, 2011, 05:06:13 PM
Do people reckon Colm is a better midfielder than Sean?

Has Mickey got to the stage where he doesn't know where to play Sean now or has he settled on half forward. His attributes of running with the ball and kicking good scores would suggest this is his best position.

NO. Personally I wouldn't play Goof just think Mickey will - Always said thought Seans best position is midfield but Mickey looks to have made his mind up on him playing half forward!
I reckon he should invest time in Niall McKenna to develop him as a mid fielder at this level also!

Redhand Santa

If injury free would be pretty confident this will be close to the team:

McConnell
Ricey
Justy
McCaul
Harte
Gormley
Jordan
Cassidy
Hub
Colm Cav
B McG
Sean Cav
Penrose
O'Neill
Mugsy

loughshore lad

Justy played the full hour for Omagh on Sunday but struggled with Brian McGuigan, has plenty of work to do in the next 3 weeks.

Fuzzman

How would you rate Brian's progress LSL?
Has his injuries cleared up?

What about Tommy? Will he be pushing for a starting place?
Corner or half forward?