Tyrone v Monaghan - Sun 5 June - UCQF

Started by tyroneman, April 16, 2011, 09:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

What about Coney and Mattie Donnelly? Are they both in the squad along with Harte and McKenna.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

bustsummoves

My Team Would Be

McConnell
Ricey
Justy
McCarron
Jordan
Gormley
O'neill (sean)
Hub
Cassidy
Penrose
B McGuigan
Cavanagh
Donnelly (mark)
O'Neill
Mugsy

Wouldn't be a bad outfit against Monaghan

Fuzzman

Mickey would be very cross with you to even suggest leaving out Davey and Colm.

I think we could see Peter Harte come in at 10.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Fuzzman on May 11, 2011, 11:24:34 AM
How would you rate Brian's progress LSL?
Has his injuries cleared up?

What about Tommy? Will he be pushing for a starting place?
Corner or half forward?

Brian has had an excellent year to date and will hopefully stay injury free the rest of the year.

Tommy had a horrific knee injury last year and seems to have put in a monumental effort to recover.  You can see him improving with every game.  He has not played any county games thus far this year and that may work against him.  Mickey seems to favour playing him corner forward, don't really recall him playing wing half forward at all under Harte and only really playing CHF once versus Fermanagh in 2008.

Fear ón Srath Bán

From the Hoganstand.com:

Tyrone in the "chasing pack"
13 May 2011

Mickey Harte has claimed that Tyrone are no longer among the leading contenders for All-Ireland success.

Speaking at the launch of the Ulster SFC yesterday, the Tyrone manager said his team's failure to win promotion from Division 2 of the NFL has left them trailing the likes of Cork, Kerry and Dublin in the All-Ireland race.

"We are in the chasing pack. Let's be real about that. We are not a top team," he insisted.

"We didn't play our football in the top division. We didn't even get out of Division 2, so it would be wrong for us to think we're anywhere other than the chasing pack.

"But sometimes it's good to be chasing," the three-time All-Ireland winning boss smiled.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

tyroneman

Bit of a savaging for Tyrone in the Sunday Times today.

In a nutshell we are accused of being over the hill and suffering for not translating all those recent 4-5 AI titles into a more youthful senior  team.

Time will tell but I believe the next 2-3 years will see Coney, Harte, O Neill, McKenna, McNabb, Harry Og, Girvan, Grugan, McCullough, McNeice, S McGuigan et al joining the likes of Cavanagh x2, McMahon x 2, Penrose, Cassidy and M Donnelly in a very well blended team.

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: tyroneman on May 15, 2011, 11:09:07 AM

In a nutshell we are accused of being over the hill and suffering for not translating all those recent 4-5 AI titles into a more youthful senior  team.

Time will tell but I believe the next 2-3 years will see Coney, Harte, O Neill, McKenna, McNabb, Harry Og, Girvan, Grugan, McCullough, McNeice, S McGuigan et al joining the likes of Cavanagh x2, McMahon x 2, Penrose, Cassidy and M Donnelly in a very well blended team.

I think we have to accept that the charge is fair enough. Tyrone will probably look back on these past couple of seasons as a missed opportunity to have had a great mix of the 97/98 lads and the best of the more recent succesful minor teams. Even this season we should have seen more of those younger lads on the panel. As it stands I doubt there is a Sam in the current squad unless they really click over the summer and build up some serious momentum like 2008. Very unlikely I'm afraid.

nrico2006

I read a post on Hoganstand regarding a player from Urney (J Lafferty) who for some reason is never mentioned as a possible Tyrone panelist, and any time I have watched him he is a different class.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

loughshore lad

Quote from: tyroneman on May 15, 2011, 11:09:07 AM

Thought it was a well written article myself to be honest with Walsh making plenty of valid points.

omagh_gael

Any links to that article lads or is it only available in the print edition?

spuds

Triple blow for Tyrone before Monaghan clash

Tyrone have suffered a triple blow in the build-up to their Ulster Championship match against Monaghan on 5 June.

Sean Cavanagh and Philip Jordan picked up injuries in weekend club action, while Owen Mulligan could be suspended.

All three were playing in the same game. Cavanagh sustained an elbow injury, while his Moy clubmate Jordan suffered a dead leg.

Mulligan, playing for Cookstown against Moy, received a straight red card.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/13417868.stm
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Fuzzman

Any further news on injuries lads?
How's Joey's jaw coming along?

How many more club games are the lads going to be playing before the Monaghan game?

ONeill

Surely Mickey has to look towards the Hill now given their wondrous start to the Junior campaign.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Redhand Santa

Looking at the scorers in the paper a few of the players seem to be in good form. 2-2 for Hub,0-8 for O'Neill, 1-6 for Peter Harte and 1-3 for Tommy. Brian McGuigan got a couple of points to.

Fuzzman

Quote from: ONeill on May 18, 2011, 10:17:51 PM
Surely Mickey has to look towards the Hill now given their wondrous start to the Junior campaign.

Mickey looks to the Hill

Can anyone confirm is Mugsy out of this game or is this suspension just for Cookstown?