Connacht SFC QF New York v Roscommon 1.5.11 Páirc na Gael the Bronx

Started by ross4life, April 12, 2011, 04:30:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Good win, good game to get the confidence back..real championship starts in 6 weeks but the one question how bad were Galway last year?

Us letting in 1-11 to that lot (they could have scored more) is a worry hopefully Sligo keep their end of the bargain & give us a trip to sunny Carrick on Shannon in June
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Cosmo Kramer

Is 3-21 Rosses highest ever championship score, or is 24 scores their highest ever number of scores in a champ game?

Must be close to it.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ross4life

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on May 01, 2011, 09:39:39 PM
Is 3-21 Rosses highest ever championship score, or is 24 scores their highest ever number of scores in a champ game?

Must be close to it.

We beat London 4-18 to 0-10 in 2000 then lost our next game to Leitrim at home & i also remember us beating them by near 30 pts in the early 90s
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Blowitupref

Well done Rossies on the huge win, i know as they say "lighting doesn't Strike twice" but who knows you might shock Sligo again?

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 01, 2011, 09:56:42 PM
Well done Rossies on the huge win, i know as they say "lighting doesn't Strike twice" but who knows you might shock Sligo again?
Ah that made me laugh

Kelly our best forward is injured, johnny davey inj aswell, roscommon have added senan kilbride, huge swing alone that. But one thing i will say roscommon will have to play more than one good game this yr to win anything ;).

Quote from: ross4life on May 01, 2011, 09:35:48 PM
Good win, good game to get the confidence back..real championship starts in 6 weeks but the one question how bad were Galway last year?

Us letting in 1-11 to that lot (they could have scored more) is a worry hopefully Sligo keep their end of the bargain & give us a trip to sunny Carrick on Shannon in June

But as Ross4life says above hes expecting to go to Carrick on Shannon not Markievicz Park so he even rates Leitrim higher than us so that counts as us underdogs in that game aswell :).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Nail on head from blowitup & Sligonian, Kelly will be back for the Semi while Davey must be 50 at this stage? you'll be underdogs alright...........but only in the final v Mayo.

ross matt

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on May 01, 2011, 09:39:39 PM

Must be close to it.

Dunno. Maybe check the result of the 1980 connacht final when we beat Mayo by a large margin.

ross matt

Well done to Fergie and the lads on an efficent and focussed performance. Not easy considering the bad result in the league final, the unusual nature of this tie in terms of travel and how well NY played last season v Galway. 1-11 is still alot to conceed against them but in fairness Ross made brought on 5 subs near the end I believe. Connacht championsip campaign back on track now for them and provided there is no collapses like the Longford match then they will very competitive this season.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

mannix

Congratulations Roscommon on a fine win. A great score to put up against any opposition.

magpie seanie

Would say there was a quare session in NY last night with the news of Bin Laden's death filtering through as well!

new devil

Quote from: new devil on April 29, 2011, 12:07:44 AM
:o :o I've just seen on PP that the spread is 7...christmas has come early lads..Get on Ross ASAP

Hope you's all listened  ;)

Blowitupref

Quote from: new devil on May 02, 2011, 11:13:46 AM
:o :o I've just seen on PP that the spread is 7...christmas has come early lads..Get on Ross ASAP

Pardon my ignorance i'm new to the betting scene but how does that spread bet work?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

omagh_gael

Quote from: Blowitupref on May 02, 2011, 11:52:48 AM
Quote from: new devil on May 02, 2011, 11:13:46 AM

Pardon my ignorance i'm new to the betting scene but how does that spread bet work?

Esentily NY had a seven point head start. For you to get money back on a Ros win they had to beat NY by at least 8 points.