Previous topic - Next topic

ross matt

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 28, 2011, 08:20:51 PM
Quote from: ross matt on April 28, 2011, 08:13:05 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 28, 2011, 07:55:20 PM
Quote from: ross matt on April 28, 2011, 07:50:36 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on April 28, 2011, 07:47:00 PM
Quote from: mannix on April 28, 2011, 07:18:36 PM
Best of luck to ny, they will need it. Ross by 6 points minimum.

I'm bemused to why a Connacht man would wish luck to NY?

A Rossie hater from Mayo. But at least he's being honest.

Ohh i see i thought Mayo only hated Galway?

God you're definitely a newbie. Did you not hear about their famous rivalry/love in? Very prevalent on this site over the years.

Newbie i am but a long time reader of this site, something about Ross men lining out for Mayo i believe?

Nah. Smokescreen. Just pure natural hatred.
Thats the trouble with FOD being Rossie manager. He's such a well respected guy that people might start to like us!

Cosmo Kramer

I think the hatred directed towards us at times from Roscommon fans is far in excess of anything we are able to give back. I put it down to a quarter of a century of championship beatings in Castlebar moreso than the Ballagh thing although I'm sure some here will disagree.

Its a pity this game isn't televised in a way, it could be used as a nice Community Shield type event to launch the championship every year. RTE once went over to NY to cover a Kerry v Cavan league game, so it would be do-able.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

ross matt

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 28, 2011, 09:46:39 PM
I think the hatred directed towards us at times from Roscommon fans is far in excess of anything we are able to give back. I put it down to a quarter of a century of championship beatings in Castlebar moreso than the Ballagh thing although I'm sure some here will disagree.

Its a pity this game isn't televised in a way, it could be used as a nice Community Shield type event to launch the championship every year. RTE once went over to NY to cover a Kerry v Cavan league game, so it would be do-able.

Luckily I was around to see the shoe on the other foot before that and never quite got the hatred thing. Personally think its a Galway/Mayo hatred v Roscommon but being honest I could care less. Played on underage Ross teams that beat Mayo and Galway sides and was privedged to see the glory days of Early, Jigger, Mcmanus etc.  Back then it was the norm to support your province when your own side were out and I still see it that way. However Roscommon can only blame itself for how far back it fell and the recovery now at least is steady if slow. With the proud tradition and great support it has it should have been doing much better over the quarter century that you mentioned.

spectator

I think the hatred directed towards us at times from Roscommon fans is far in excess of anything we are able to give back.

Erm ... whatever happened this guy, Cosmo?

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/the-rossies-dont-you-just-love-beating-them/

Looks like the light went out just as The Rossies derailed Mayo's Drive for Five  ...  as there doesn't seem to have been an entry since  :D ;D

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/

ross matt

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: spectator on April 28, 2011, 10:57:13 PM
I think the hatred directed towards us at times from Roscommon fans is far in excess of anything we are able to give back.

http://thereisalightthatnevergoesout.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/the-rossies-dont-you-just-love-beating-them/

Looks like the light went out just as The Rossies derailed Mayo's Drive for Five  ...  as there doesn't seem to have been an entry since  :D ;D

I would have said that article backs up my point, we try to give back as much as we get but it just isn't possible! Unfortunately the light did indeed go out for that blog which is a pity as the guy was a good writer and knew his stuff as regards Mayo GAA. I think he was just too busy with work and stuff, it must take a lot of effort to keep one going. The Galway lad that couldn't spell gave it a go last year and managed about a week and packed it in. Luckily we still have Willie Joe's Mayo blog to keep us going.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Atticus_Finch

bit of a longshot i know as you really need someone based in new york to answer it but ....

Anyone have any idea how New York are looking for this ?

Will they give roscommon a game ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

ross4life

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 28, 2011, 11:13:15 PM

I would have said that article backs up my point, we try to give back as much as we get but it just isn't possible! Unfortunately the light did indeed go out for that blog which is a pity as the guy was a good writer and knew his stuff as regards Mayo GAA. I think he was just too busy with work and stuff, it must take a lot of effort to keep one going. The Galway lad that couldn't spell gave it a go last year and managed about a week and packed it in. Luckily we still have Willie Joe's Mayo blog to keep us going.

its a pity? his blog should have been taken down after that distasteful post back in 09

The guy is nothing more than a complete idiot & i'm sure you have more cop on not to paint all us Roscommon fans with the same brush.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

mannix

Quote from: Blowitupref on April 28, 2011, 07:47:00 PM
Quote from: mannix on April 28, 2011, 07:18:36 PM
Best of luck to ny, they will need it. Ross by 6 points minimum.

I'm bemused to why a Connacht man would wish luck to NY?
living in ny so i root for the home team. if roscommon were playing anyone bar mayo,leitrim or sligo i always root for them.  when i am at a game of any sort where mayo are playing i hate the guts of the opponents team and fans but will gladly have a pint and chat with them after a game. strange thing this sports fan thing.

new devil

Quote from: Atticus_Finch on April 28, 2011, 11:14:55 PM
bit of a longshot i know as you really need someone based in new york to answer it but ....

Anyone have any idea how New York are looking for this ?

Will they give roscommon a game ?

I actually didn't think New York were that bad until i saw the squad in the paper today....Some of the players weren't making there own club team here last year once the summer players were out...I'll be surprised if there is 10 points in it

ross4life

Our last two meetings with NY ended 8 & 10pts wins but this time NY have better scoring forwards that would suggest it will be a tighter game. Apart of Kilkenny we don't hammer anyone & we have struggled v London over the years & i reckon this NY side are much better than London.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

new devil

:o :o I've just seen on PP that the spread is 7...christmas has come early lads..Get on Ross ASAP

ross4life

PP odds on a New York win is similar to the odds they had for us in the Connacht final  :-\

SLIGONIAN

But sure is this game not impossible to predict as no one knows what NY are going to be like, emmigration hasnt benefitted London a whole pile. Everyone assume it is huge benefit to NY but is it in reality?

I think i'll wait till i hear the team selections, will they be announced soon?
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross matt

Quote from: Cosmo Kramer on April 28, 2011, 11:13:15 PM

How does it prove your point?
" a good writer" ???
That article was pure hateful gutter trash talk. Most of the posts underneath condemn it. Whoever wrote should be ashamed of himself and he's certainly no loss as a "writer". 
Whatever point you're trying to make you're not doing a very good job of it and if anything are contradicting yourself.