St Patricks Day

Started by Radda bout yeee, March 15, 2011, 10:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Wouldn't it be great to see a future President Norris asking to march in the New York parade and those Irish-American pricks being shown up for the twats that they are.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2011, 10:38:02 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 15, 2011, 10:22:01 PM
Grumpier in old age but have come to detest what St Patrick's Day stands for.

It used to be a religious event but is meant to be more cultural now. That means 13-year olds stocking up on drink to crack open around midday with the parent oblivious as they're leathered by 2. You can attend cultural events in Downpatrick or the like but it's slowly turning into a 12th of July in green.

Myself, I'm painting myself green and dancing from foot to foot to be sure around a crock of gold. Then I'll get wired into the poitin around 10pm and sing Will You Come To The Bower. Upara.
It's a bag of shite. Armagh spends a clean fortune on it every year and I'm at a loss as to why. I'm happy to be in work.

Suppose it just means more to real Irish people rather than ye British Irish up North....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

lawnseed

It used to be a religious event but is meant to be more cultural now. That means 13-year olds stocking up on drink to crack open around midday with the parent oblivious as they're leathered by 2. You can attend cultural events in Downpatrick or the like but it's slowly turning into a 12th of July in green.

Myself, I'm painting myself green and dancing from foot to foot to be sure around a crock of gold. Then I'll get wired into the poitin around 10pm and sing Will You Come To The Bower. Upara.
It's a bag of shite. Armagh spends a clean fortune on it every year and I'm at a loss as to why. I'm happy to be in work.
+1 on that tony. cant see why it has to be the 17th of march ffs its nearly always freezing it should be a summer holiday better for everything tourism etc
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on March 15, 2011, 10:56:13 PM

Suppose it just means more to real Irish people rather than ye British Irish up North....
What religious and cultural events will you be attending? Youse boys in the south have a notoriously poor work ethic so in the event of a united Ireland someone needs to work.

supersub

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 15, 2011, 11:36:38 AM
Quote from: Orior on March 15, 2011, 11:02:11 AM
Should the do-gooders who are calling for integrated education also call for the end of other divisive things such as:

1) Elimination of St Patricks day
2) Elimination of 12th July Celebrations
3) Elimination of GAA
4) Elimination of the Orange Order
etc
etc
etc

No, they should be calling for the integration of the 'other' communities into those events.

People who want integrated education aren't trying to eliminate anything from anyones culture - common misconception by badly informed individuals. They aim for people to appreciate and celebrate other cultures and accept that there are different groups within society but that they all should be able to get along together - if educated so from an early age!

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2011, 11:05:46 PM

What religious and cultural events will you be attending? Youse boys in the south have a notoriously poor work ethic so in the event of a united Ireland someone needs to work.

Good on ya dude keep her lit..

I'm off to do a 3 day retreat in the morning,no food drink or sex for 3 days.
Though when I say retreat I mean Dingle,as for the drink food and sex well I lied about two of those.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on March 15, 2011, 11:18:50 PM

Though when I say retreat I mean Dingle,as for the drink food and sex well I lied about two of those.
Is it food drink or drink food?

laoislad

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2011, 11:24:01 PM

Does it matter..It's not sex anyways

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

norabeag

Good Man Queen's County Lad. As long as you have "Palm" with you, there'll be the normal sex for ye

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on March 15, 2011, 11:25:01 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 15, 2011, 11:24:01 PM

Does it matter..It's not sex anyways
Is that dolphin still in Dingle?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: lawnseed on March 15, 2011, 10:57:13 PM

+1 on that tony. cant see why it has to be the 17th of march ffs its nearly always freezing it should be a summer holiday better for everything tourism etc

17'th March forever and a day, anyone from up North trys to change this and I will vote no to a United Ireland.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Thats a laugh, sure ye all sponge off the British Civil Service.