St Patricks Day

Started by Radda bout yeee, March 15, 2011, 10:39:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: unitedireland on March 15, 2011, 02:30:43 PM
holylands thursday anyone?? :)
The bog men and women are getting their Long Kesh O'Neills jerseys washed and pressed in preparation.

Maguire01

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 15, 2011, 11:03:42 AM
It is only but fair that all sections can fly flags and emblems.
Arguably preferable that nobody flies flags at all.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: deiseach on March 15, 2011, 05:03:18 PM
Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 15, 2011, 10:39:50 AM
Is the political landscape changing? I see the green white and gold bunting up the whole way through Cookstown.

Is Cookstown now in Offaly?

:D
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

DoireGael

maggie

Are most people off friday as well? I see a few places on  Bookface are promoting 'St Patricks Eve' celebrations, never noticed that anywhere in previous years.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: maggie on March 15, 2011, 09:45:18 PM
Are most people off friday as well? I see a few places on  Bookface are promoting 'St Patricks Eve' celebrations, never noticed that anywhere in previous years.

I'm off myself which is great, a lot of private companies in the south put it in as a compulsory holiday as there would be huge levels of absenteeism if they didn't

andoireabu

Quote from: maggie on March 15, 2011, 09:45:18 PM
had to book the friday off because the miserable wankers i work for wouldn't appreciate the phone call in the morning saying i wouldn't be in.  Is it not a public holiday?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

maggie

Radda bout yeee

I'm in thursday & friday!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(

ONeill

Grumpier in old age but have come to detest what St Patrick's Day stands for.

It used to be a religious event but is meant to be more cultural now. That means 13-year olds stocking up on drink to crack open around midday with the parent oblivious as they're leathered by 2. You can attend cultural events in Downpatrick or the like but it's slowly turning into a 12th of July in green.

Myself, I'm painting myself green and dancing from foot to foot to be sure around a crock of gold. Then I'll get wired into the poitin around 10pm and sing Will You Come To The Bower. Upara.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

andoireabu

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on March 15, 2011, 10:15:46 PM
I'm in thursday & friday!!!  >:(  >:(  >:(
thought i had it bad just being in on thursday.  if i was you i would start to feel unwell about lunch time tomorrow and go on the medicine ;)
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on March 15, 2011, 10:22:01 PM
Grumpier in old age but have come to detest what St Patrick's Day stands for.

It used to be a religious event but is meant to be more cultural now. That means 13-year olds stocking up on drink to crack open around midday with the parent oblivious as they're leathered by 2. You can attend cultural events in Downpatrick or the like but it's slowly turning into a 12th of July in green.

Myself, I'm painting myself green and dancing from foot to foot to be sure around a crock of gold. Then I'll get wired into the poitin around 10pm and sing Will You Come To The Bower. Upara.
It's a bag of shite. Armagh spends a clean fortune on it every year and I'm at a loss as to why. I'm happy to be in work.

Milltown Row2

Well, i'll be at the club for 10am Sevens tournament which should last till after 12, home, bite to eat, wash and a shave and ready for the games!!

been lucky to be off on Paddy's day for many years and hopefully it will continue.

should be in bed before 8pm

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Seems Gays and Lesbians are still banned from the New York St.Patricks's Day Parade, pretty shameful behaviour by the parades organisers to be honest. A Lesbian mud-fighting float would be so cool.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

O yea they ban floats too, lol