Question for southerners

Started by Eamonnca1, March 08, 2011, 10:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

What do you think northern nationalists should do?

A - Keep the pressure on for a united Ireland because Irish self determination is paramount and we in the south will support you all the way.
B - Suck it up, learn to live with unionists, and do what you have to do to reach out to them and make them feel better.

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

boojangles

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 08, 2011, 10:04:33 PM

A - Keep the pressure on for a united Ireland because Irish self determination is paramount and we in the south will support you all the way.
B - Suck it up, learn to live with unionists, and do what you have to do to reach out to them and make them feel better.

Surely you can do both??

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

How about us Westerners and the Easterners?  :)
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

cicfada

:P Just hang in there lads,  ye are outbreeding them,  it is every Nationalists duty to find a quare wan ( catholic of course) and do the nasty! Let nature take it's course then!!!!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: cicfada on March 08, 2011, 10:12:57 PM
  :P Just hang in there lads,  ye are outbreeding them,  it is every Nationalists duty to find a quare wan ( catholic of course) and do the nasty! Let nature take it's course then!!!!!

Surely find a Pope lover-lover to keep the ship going steady and a Queen lover-lover to sink theirs  :P
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

thejuice

Its actually a case of both. As it stands we can't have a united Ireland unless people who are currently of unionist persuasion are largely won over to a UI point of view. Just like Paisley knew that Sinn Fein had to be a part of a government in Stormont we can't have a UI unless those that are largely made up of Ulster Scots descendants feel a part of it too.

It was just over 200 years ago that they were not only willing to fight for Irish independence, if not leading the charge. Things can change in the minds of people, but it will take some doing. Sadly some are so keen to drive a wedge between the Republic and the Northern Nationalists. Pity.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

stephenite

A United Ireland needs to be voted for the majority of people on the Island, such a referendum would not be passed in the 26 counties at the moment in my honest opinion.

This is not something I would personally agree with but most people down South can't stand the "Nordies" , this wouldn't be as prevalent in GAA circles as it would be in others

spuds

Quote from: stephenite on March 08, 2011, 10:35:25 PM
A United Ireland needs to be voted for the majority of people on the Island, such a referendum would not be passed in the 26 counties at the moment in my honest opinion.

This is not something I would personally agree with but most people down South can't stand the "Nordies" , this wouldn't be as prevalent in GAA circles as it would be in others

Absolute sh1t, where did you get this from ? What planet are you on ?
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

winsamsoon

This has the potential to turn into another 40 page name calling thread :D
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

ziggysego

Quote from: winsamsoon on March 08, 2011, 10:53:45 PM
This has the potential to turn into another 40 page name calling thread :D

Shut up, you arse ;)
Testing Accessibility

stephenite

Quote from: spuds on March 08, 2011, 10:51:44 PM

Planet Real, with both parents and every single relation being from the North there is a widespread conceit from those in the 26 counties towards those in the North and it is becoming more prevalent with every passing generation.
You only have to look at the attitude towards Sinn Fein and Gerry Adams in practically all major media outlets to see this attitude played out. Their antipathy has feck all to do with their left wing ideology and everything to do with the fact that they don't see them as Irish in the same vein as they look at themselves

In fact what f**king planet are you living on that you can't see it?

dillinger

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 08, 2011, 10:04:33 PM

Don't try and kill them. The IRA/ Scum campain has set any prospects of an all Ireland back, who knows, 50 years?

spuds

Quote from: stephenite on March 08, 2011, 11:05:45 PM
Quote from: spuds on March 08, 2011, 10:51:44 PM

Planet Real, with both parents and every single relation being from the North there is a widespread conceit from those in the 26 counties towards those in the North and it is becoming more prevalent with every passing generation.
You only have to look at the attitude towards Sinn Fein and Gerry Adams in practically all major media outlets to see this attitude played out. Their antipathy has feck all to do with their left wing ideology and everything to do with the fact that they don't see them as Irish in the same vein as they look at themselves

In fact what f**king planet are you living on that you can't see it?

I'm living on planet earth, the 26 county part of Ireland to be exact. Not one person I know has ever commented or expressed opinion that they cannot stand 'nordies' as you put it. To come out with a strong comment like you stated in your first post is absolutely wrong. The abiding feeling I get that most people here have towards the north is apathy.

Your point about SF and Gerry Adams' dealings with the media is a different matter entirely, most people don't equate 'nordies' with SF. When you get back to my f**king planet talk f**king sense.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard