Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Quote from: rootthemout on August 02, 2011, 10:44:28 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 02, 2011, 03:58:11 PM
I'm led to believe that POR has already met with the county sponsor last week so I'm presuming that he will remain in the job for next year. Surely if he was to be relieved of his position he would have been replaced by now before the upcoming club c'ships.
doubt the county board sponsor makes the call on management ::)

I presume thats a tongue in cheek comment since its widely known that the sponsor had a big say in the appointment of the last manager.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: yellowcard on August 03, 2011, 12:15:59 PM
I'm led to believe that POR has already met with the county sponsor last week so I'm presuming that he will remain in the job for next year. Surely if he was to be relieved of his position he would have been replaced by now before the upcoming club c'ships.

I presume thats a tongue in cheek comment since its widely known that the sponsor had a big say in the appointment of the last manager.

and in other things I'm told
"Stercus accidit"

lawnseed

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 03, 2011, 09:01:35 AM
How naive are you? He may not make the final call but I'll gaurantee if he wanted POR gone then that would be that, simple economics.
touble is not many people want to spend their money sponsoring a team thats not playing well. how many armagh supporters actually buy their oil from morgan fuels.. and how many would buy it if they thought morgan was ruling the roost.. the last four years have been wasted the team have been unwatchable but for a couple of games in this years championship time to take it serious and get someone in who can structure the team and motivate the players
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: lawnseed on August 03, 2011, 08:29:10 PM
the last four years have been wasted

And Joe's last year could be added to that, and indeed an argument could be made for his second last year (2006). That's at least five years where I felt that the team has been going nowhere, with no long term strategy (in terms of selections / gameplan) apparent. Over that period, one or two wonderful opportunities on the managment position were spurned, and I would now guess are gone for the foreseeable future. It is against this back drop that the frenzy to get rid of POR is taking place, meaning that many on the wish list would be unavailable.

Change for the sake of change then?

David McKeown

I thought Paul was in charge of the appointments committee that appointed POR. Regardless I think he's done a lot if good for Armagh the last couple of years. POR is obviously a great man and a true gent and was a fantastic footballer who we in Armagh owe a debt of gratitude to for having done the unpaid work he has done the last two years. That said for me his performances in the line haven't been good enough and we are wasting/ have wasted a very talented squad. For that reason and that reason alone I would like a new manager appointed.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

real food, real people

Quote from: David McKeown on August 04, 2011, 10:45:14 AM
I thought Paul was in charge of the appointments committee that appointed POR. Regardless I think he's done a lot if good for Armagh the last couple of years. POR is obviously a great man and a true gent and was a fantastic footballer who we in Armagh owe a debt of gratitude to for having done the unpaid work he has done the last two years. That said for me his performances in the line haven't been good enough and we are wasting/ have wasted a very talented squad. For that reason and that reason alone I would like a new manager appointed.

No way is he not getting anything for this job!

bennydorano

I stand corrected on the Chair then. 

As I said already there surely has to be a review at the end of POR's 'contract' which is now.  Hopefully there'll be some action.  I just cant subscribe to the theory that we should accept another year of this shite just because our 'first or second choice' isn't available, there are plenty of people about who wouldn't cost the earth and might acheive something if given the chance, McShane, Hughes (Ogs), AOR even.  I do actually think Grimley is within reach if JK still isn't bending ears.  Someone should talk to Hughie.

Applesisapples

Quote from: bennydorano on August 04, 2011, 08:49:14 PM
I stand corrected on the Chair then. 

As I said already there surely has to be a review at the end of POR's 'contract' which is now.  Hopefully there'll be some action.  I just cant subscribe to the theory that we should accept another year of this shite just because our 'first or second choice' isn't available, there are plenty of people about who wouldn't cost the earth and might acheive something if given the chance, McShane, Hughes (Ogs), AOR even.  I do actually think Grimley is within reach if JK still isn't bending ears.  Someone should talk to Hughie.
Am I the only one who thinks that no matter how much money Hughie pours in, he should not dictate to the County Board. I would be surprised if this is not the case...but open to correction, it's plain wrong...no?

bennydorano

No it's not right & his influence is undoubtedly exaggerated, but he who pays the piper calls the tune - to some extent

DuffleKing

I think there needs to be movement on this sooner rather than later. the first step is to remove the incumbants - not a sinner would declare an interest with a management team - any management team - still in place.

naka

o rourke has been offered another year by the county board :-\

Applesisapples

Quote from: naka on August 05, 2011, 12:39:03 PM
That was always going to be the case given results, I'd say though there were no other takers at the moment anyway. That said your club delegates can overturn this decision as has happened elsewhere.

DuffleKing

Thats certainly not what i've heard but maybe you have a link to the story naka?

ck

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 05, 2011, 12:49:33 PM
Quote from: naka on August 05, 2011, 12:39:03 PM
That was always going to be the case given results, I'd say though there were no other takers at the moment anyway. That said your club delegates can overturn this decision as has happened elsewhere.

If you offer POR a years extension, how the hell do you know if there were any other takers or not? McGeeney surely would be ripe for picking now having had 3 years with Kildare over him. Aidan O'Rourke is another prime candidate. Armagh have more good home grown candidates than any other county, yet they re-appoint a man who has proved he isnt up to the job!