Paddy O'Rourke Out!

Started by tevez, February 28, 2011, 10:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

jeez lads nearly every player on the panel has an all ireland medal at some level surely we should be doing better than taking two goes to beat wicklow. they nearly took us in fortress athletic grounds thats not good enough. theres no structure to our play the players are slow and unsure of their roles. the derry game is the one that sticks out por simply couldnt set up the defence to deal with owen bradley... one player! all he had to do was revert to the  blanket and leave stevie and jamie up front on their own.

we've got brilliant footballers all over the pitch imo
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

reddgnhand

Quote from: bennydorano on August 01, 2011, 09:45:23 PM
Jim McGuinness is irrelevant to any argument, POR is clearly not the man for the job.  There's no chance of McGeeney coming, there's a better chance of Grimley coming in now with the new Chairman. However I reckon that''s wishful thinking anyway as I reckon POR will be back unfortunately.

Serious question here why would McGeeney not take the job. Spoke to an Armagh man on Saturday who told me he had wanted Kildare to win against Donegal because of McGeeney. I asked him why he was not manager of his own county team he mumbled something about the county board and walked away. I dont understand the logic of Armagh men supporting Kildare because of McGeeney's involvement. 

lawnseed

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 02, 2011, 12:02:07 AM
Jim McGuinness is irrelevant to any argument, POR is clearly not the man for the job.  There's no chance of McGeeney coming, there's a better chance of Grimley coming in now with the new Chairman. However I reckon that''s wishful thinking anyway as I reckon POR will be back unfortunately.

Serious question here why would McGeeney not take the job. Spoke to an Armagh man on Saturday who told me he had wanted Kildare to win against Donegal because of McGeeney. I asked him why he was not manager of his own county team he mumbled something about the county board and walked away. I dont understand the logic of Armagh men supporting Kildare because of McGeeney's involvement.
hes a legend and all irl winning armagh capt also armagh dont have baggage with kildare so he can enjoy sucess in kildare without being considered a traitor. also many armagh supporters see keiran as being robbed of the armagh job together with paul grimley so they want to see him do well more or less as a poke in the eye to the county board who passed over him.
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

reddgnhand

Quote from: lawnseed on August 02, 2011, 12:13:25 AM

hes a legend and all irl winning armagh capt also armagh dont have baggage with kildare so he can enjoy sucess in kildare without being considered a traitor. also many armagh supporters see keiran as being robbed of the armagh job together with paul grimley so they want to see him do well more or less as a poke in the eye to the county board who passed over him.

Even if that means their own team suffering? Surely not? Being on the county board is not abirthright. Why dont the Armagh folk get rid of the current board if the vast majority want them out?

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 02, 2011, 12:18:39 AM
Being on the county board is not abirthright. Why dont the Armagh folk get rid of the current board if the vast majority want them out?

Because for the majority it would mean having to get off their collective asses and go to their Club AGM. Much easier to give off anonymously, on the internet.

DuffleKing

Someone asked about the players' views and they are well established at this stage. The usual danger of discussing them somewhere like here is that it carries no weight of truth. For what its worth, the players - with one notable exception - are coimpletely disillusioned with the management team as a whole and very unsure of the motivation/capacity of the executive to address it. The fear is that rufus' attitude would be prevelent among the king makers and they are stuck in a regime not motivated to change.

orchard 8195

Quote from: Take Your Points on August 02, 2011, 11:39:22 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 01, 2011, 11:58:54 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on August 01, 2011, 10:56:19 PM
JThere's no chance of McGeeney coming, there's a better chance of Grimley coming in now with the new Chairman. However I reckon that''s wishful thinking anyway as I reckon POR will be back unfortunately.

Who is the new chairman?

Paul's not new to the job, he has been the man in charge for all of POR's reign and has done nothing to remedy the situation.  I would have thought he would have been a man of action and would not have suffered fools gladly either on the Board or in county management.

Paul duggan was not the chairman whenever Paddy O'Rourke got appointed. What really was he meant to do in the meantime. POR deserved the 2nd year at the job and he could hardly have done anything to get rid of him midway through a season. If there is no action taken now then then there would have to be questions asked of the current CB as its obv a change has to be made!!

Applesisapples

Kieran McGeeney is a legend in Armagh, a lot of it down to his willpower, self belief and obsession but a lot of it created by the media as well. With AOR and McGeeney involved with Kildare it is natural that some would like to see them do well. McGeeney's not being involved with Armagh is more to do with finance than anything although our County Board has a dislike of managers whoi don't play the game, ie give it a fig leaf in terms of who is running the county.

Applesisapples

Quote from: reddgnhand on August 02, 2011, 12:18:39 AM
Quote from: lawnseed on August 02, 2011, 12:13:25 AM

Even if that means their own team suffering? Surely not? Being on the county board is not abirthright. Why dont the Armagh folk get rid of the current board if the vast majority want them out?
Exactly the point I have been making, but it is one thing coming on here and slagging off the County Board but sure don't ask us to give up our time to do the work the CB does.

bennydorano

JThere's no chance of McGeeney coming, there's a better chance of Grimley coming in now with the new Chairman. However I reckon that''s wishful thinking anyway as I reckon POR will be back unfortunately.

Who is the new chairman?
Paul Duggan

Paul's not new to the job, he has been the man in charge for all of POR's reign and has done nothing to remedy the situation.  I would have thought he would have been a man of action and would not have suffered fools gladly either on the Board or in county management.
Paul hasn't finished his first year in the Chair, POR is in his second year, so incorrecto.  Hopefully we will see some action then as POR's tenure must be at the very least up for review.

naka

Quote from: bennydorano on August 02, 2011, 02:04:02 PM

Who is the new chairman?
Paul Duggan

Paul hasn't finished his first year in the Chair, POR is in his second year, so incorrecto.  Hopefully we will see some action then as POR's tenure must be at the very least up for review.

correct benny
can`t see mc geeney coming to armagh but wouldnt be surprised to see him get the dublin job when they fall short this year

paul grimley, ::) oisin and an other might be an option,
heard mc shane taking the u-21s ths year as well

yellowcard

I'm led to believe that POR has already met with the county sponsor last week so I'm presuming that he will remain in the job for next year. Surely if he was to be relieved of his position he would have been replaced by now before the upcoming club c'ships. 

Rufus T Firefly

I thought myself that Paul had been in post over the duration of POR's tenancy. That said, I still think your criticism of Paul is unfair. My impression was that Paul was motivated to stand for office by the shambles that was the last managerial process, but became Chair when POR was already appointed. He had to give the fella a chance - he could hardly gas him as soon as he was in, and with promotion achieved in the first year, and silver on the sideboard, another year (his second) was guaranteed.

As for the future, I make the point again, it is entirely possible that many of the names being bandied about here - even Armagh men - are out of reach. 

rootthemout

Quote from: yellowcard on August 02, 2011, 03:58:11 PM
I'm led to believe that POR has already met with the county sponsor last week so I'm presuming that he will remain in the job for next year. Surely if he was to be relieved of his position he would have been replaced by now before the upcoming club c'ships.
doubt the county board sponsor makes the call on management ::)

Applesisapples

Quote from: rootthemout on August 02, 2011, 10:44:28 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on August 02, 2011, 03:58:11 PM
doubt the county board sponsor makes the call on management ::)
How naive are you? He may not make the final call but I'll gaurantee if he wanted POR gone then that would be that, simple economics.