Connacht U21 Football Championship 2011

Started by ross4life, February 24, 2011, 02:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cosmo Kramer

Half time - Ros 0-6 Mayo 0-4

O'Connor (2) and O'Shea (2) with the Mayo points. Very hard to tell from the commentary but with Cafferty and McDonagh in the subs we should be able to try something different at midfield - maybe switch Nally with Kirby who's playing CHB? Doesn't sound like we're winning any clean ball at midfield but when we do get it into the forwards we sound dangerous.

Actually i have no idea what's going on, Willie Hegarty is clueless. But I get the impression we should be further behind and will have the wind in the second half.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Cosmo Kramer

Second half underway - Andrew Farrell might be gone off, no idea who has come on.

0-6 each

Aidan Walsh and an O'Connor free leveling it up.

Cosmo Kramer

Half way through the second half

Ros 0-8 Mayo 0-6

Cafferty has come on for Geraghty at midfield for Mayo - doesn't seem to be making much difference. Any ball we're winning is being won by O'Shea. O'Connor missing a few makeable frees.

Cosmo Kramer

5 minutes to go

Mayo 0-9 Ros 0-8

O'Connor (2) and James Cafferty with the last three points for Mayo.

Cosmo Kramer

Into injury time - Ros lead 10-9.

2 mins injury time.

maigheo

Cosmo Kramer

All over, Ros win 0-11 to 0-9.

I'm afraid Raymond, you've taken these lads as far as you can - too many stories of unhappy players and strange team selections, time for new man at this level.

maigheo

jeez a disastorus result for mayo.I guess thats it for Ray Dempseys tenure as manager.

ross4life

Unbelievable result in McHale park when you consider we where missing 5/6 of our best players today

Revenge for the two Minor games we should never have lost to Mayo!

Roscommon football is on the crest of a wave  ;D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2011, 03:58:02 PM
Unbelievable result in McHale park when you consider we where missing 5/6 of our best players today

It must be quite degrading ross4life when the Mayo fellas are calling a 2 point loss to you  a "disastrous" result and calling for the managers head because of it.

ross4life

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on March 12, 2011, 04:03:16 PM
Quote from: ross4life on March 12, 2011, 03:58:02 PM

It must be quite degrading ross4life when the Mayo fellas are calling a 2 point loss to you  a "disastrous" result and calling for the managers head because of it.

Too be honest peter i couldn't give a monkeys what they think! same players & manager got Mayo to All Ireland Minor finals

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tatler Jack

Think over the past couple of years that we could as easily have been in the minor finals as Mayo and really nothing between the 2 counties. Could be just as well and good to see the lads staying at it and coming together at U21. Really big win for us as to beat Mayo 2 years in a row at U21 shows how much progress we have made over the past 5 or 6 years. Well done to all. Would be great if we could win another U21 Connacht title.

RedandGreenSniper

Best team won on the day. No arguments. Far too many Mayo players didn't turn up. We had chances to win the game but Roscommon had the composure in the last ten minutes. Very annoying to lose two years running with teams that had so much potential.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tatler Jack

QuoteVery annoying to lose two years running with teams that had so much potential.

Exactly how we felt at both minor and U21 level 07-09!! I suppose ye cant win them all!!

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: Tatler Jack on March 12, 2011, 05:15:07 PM
QuoteVery annoying to lose two years running with teams that had so much potential.

Exactly how we felt at both minor and U21 level 07-09!! I suppose ye cant win them all!!

I know what you're saying. While it might be fair from a what goes around comes around point of view, I'd be of the opinion that a Mayo side capable of an All-Ireland calved today. A question? Since their All-Ireland minor title in 2007, when have Galway been as much as in contention for a minor or U21 Connacht title? Ros beat Sligo in last year's U21 final, we beat Sligo the year before, can't remember who we beat in 2008. Galway were in last year's minor final but it was Ros we beat in 2008 and 2009. A sizeable shift in the power base or just a blip?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year