Connacht U21 Football Championship 2011

Started by ross4life, February 24, 2011, 02:46:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neilthemac

don't get me started on the behaviour of some sligo fans last summer

lets just agree that there are idiots spread liberally across all counties!

ross4life

Keep the yobbos where they are (bottom of the pit) & let's talk some football on this thread, two big semi finals next saturday any thoughts?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

There are yob fans in every county :o  no shit, move along nothing to see here, heres hoping to a repeat of last yrs final ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rudi

You said it Sligonian - same result in all ;D

spectator

Well Done to the lads. There's little between the two counties at under-age now and yesterday was no different. Mayo will feel they had the goal chances during the game to snatch it, but Ros were deserving winners. When Mayo went 1 up with 5 to go, we responded well and wanted it more. Leitrim will be raring to torpedo us as per usual ... it'll be a difficult game.

mjg

Some of ye mayo lads need to take a step back an think about mutual talent.Most of the thirty that started yesterday have played each other in connachht minor finals which were eaither went to extra time or mayo won by a point, So lads yere neither as good as ye tjhink ye are or just MAYBE roscommon have closed the gap

spuds

Quote from: mjg on March 13, 2011, 08:31:06 PM
Some of ye mayo lads need to take a step back an think about mutual talent.Most of the thirty that started yesterday have played each other in connachht minor finals which were eaither went to extra time or mayo won by a point, So lads yere neither as good as ye tjhink ye are or just MAYBE roscommon have closed the gap

This is not the Ross appreciation society, when Mayo lose we are more than entitled to be disappointed, especially when there was a bit of expectation with this team considering how close we got in the minor final 3 years ago. That is 2 years running that Mayo under 21s have not delivered with talented individuals onboard. Not every Mayo team has the spread of quality that these teams appeared to have. Thanks to the lads for the effort and hopefully they will keep at it.

Best team won yesterday, best of luck to Ross in the rest of the competition.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

Rossfan

Thanks Spuds and you are right the best team did win but we made hard work of it.
When you have a big man at full forward and 2 good men at corner the ball needs to be going in direct not messing around out the field or trying to carry ball through 5 or 6 opponents.
We were missing the 2 Bridgets lads plus Kilroy and Collins which coniderably weakened the team. Good to see NC and NK coming on at the end and they certainly strengthened the team.
Always nice to beat the rhubarbs but to do so at underage is a special treat considering they have twice our population
As well as two years in a row at U21 we was robbed in 2009 while we could have bet them in 2008.
Despite this they obviously still don't rate us as being in the same league as their firsy comments are " awful by Mayo" suggesting that we are not fit to be batin' them.
We are and hopefully will continue to do so.... but enough of that.
Not much use if we can't win against the Laythrums next weekend?
All I can say to rally the lads is
REMEMBER PRIOR and all the other whistling ****s from that Godforsaken County who wronged us over the years. ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross matt

Fellow Rossies I wouldnt pay too much heed to Mayo supporters saying the best team won but complaining about our supporters in the same post. Bitterness and bad losing disguised as praise.  There were Galway supporters on here complaining about the same thing on the way out gate in Tuam 01. Another one "Mouview" I think posted something about how outrageuous it was to lose to "only Roscommon" after the minor defeat to us in 06. The fact our same minors continued on to win the AI that year I hope made him digest this humiliation a little better. Its amazing how these complaints only manifest themselves when the "big two" lose.

The fact is (as has been pointed out on this thread) there are gobshite supporters in every county. More in some depending in how much you're looking to be offended after getting your ass kicked on the pitch it would appear. Roscommon have had some very dark days but also some great ones over the last 40 years. Over the last number of years at underage those responsible for structures appear to be getting things right and maximising plus developing whatever talent is there. Progress is slow and unspectactular but steady. They already won u-21 last season and ran Mayo close for a few years previous at this level. The same a few years before at minor. The "mayo were awful" brigade obviously havent been taking this in to consideration. Well done to u-21 players and management. Best of luck v Leitrim.

Tubberman

Quote from: ross matt on March 15, 2011, 05:21:22 PM
Fellow Rossies I wouldnt pay too much heed to Mayo supporters saying the best team won but complaining about our supporters in the same post. Bitterness and bad losing disguised as praise.  There were Galway supporters on here complaining about the same thing on the way out gate in Tuam 01. Another one "Mouview" I think posted something about how outrageuous it was to lose to "only Roscommon" after the minor defeat to us in 06. The fact our same minors continued on to win the AI that year I hope made him digest this humiliation a little better. Its amazing how these complaints only manifest themselves when the "big two" lose.

The fact is (as has been pointed out on this thread) there are gobshite supporters in every county. More in some depending in how much you're looking to be offended after getting your ass kicked on the pitch it would appear. Roscommon have had some very dark days but also some great ones over the last 40 years. Over the last number of years at underage those responsible for structures appear to be getting things right and maximising plus developing whatever talent is there. Progress is slow and unspectactular but steady. They already won u-21 last season and ran Mayo close for a few years previous at this level. The same a few years before at minor. The "mayo were awful" brigade obviously havent been taking this in to consideration. Well done to u-21 players and management. Best of luck v Leitrim.

Winning the match obviously hasn't done anything to improve your humour! Enjoy the win, don't use it to have a go at others. Even when Mayo posters congratulate roscommon and freely admit they were the better team, you can't accept the compliment with good grace.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ross matt

Quote from: Tubberman on March 15, 2011, 06:47:48 PM
Quote from: ross matt on March 15, 2011, 05:21:22 PM

Winning the match obviously hasn't done anything to improve your humour! Enjoy the win, don't use it to have a go at others. Even when Mayo posters congratulate roscommon and freely admit they were the better team, you can't accept the compliment with good grace.
Did'nt use the win to have a go at anyone Tubberman. Compliments about the winners mixed with sour grape whinging about annoying supporters I dont accept with good grace though.

Rossfan

OK Boys and girls the Mayowestros game is now history.
time to focus on the meeting with the crowd to the North East of our fair County.
I expect them bucks will put it up to us on Saturday as they live for one thing only... to lower our colours.
Páirc Seán will be wet and mucky which will even things up considereably and I for one will be relieved if we get out with a couple of pointeens to spare.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rossfan on March 15, 2011, 07:12:33 PM
OK Boys and girls the Mayowestros game is now history.
time to focus on the meeting with the crowd to the North East of our fair County.
I expect them bucks will put it up to us on Saturday as they live for one thing only... to lower our colours.
Páirc Seán will be wet and mucky which will even things up considereably and I for one will be relieved if we get out with a couple of pointeens to spare.

No waaayyyy!!!!!!!

They're probably watering it!

spectator

ross4life

FT Leitrim 0-6  Roscommon 0-15

1st half Leitrim were the better team, missed 2/3 goals chances causing our FB line all types of problems but we managed to ride the storm to finish with 4pts at the end of half to lead 8-3

2nd half we were in complete control could & should have scored more! leitrim faded badly as the game went on after a bright opening, Kilroy,Regan,Oates & Daly the best on show.

Good win but will need Cathal Shine & the St Brigids guys back for the final.

Galway won the other semi v Sligo 2-20 0-7 (Galway strong favourites for the title now) final will be played 2nd April in Tuam i think.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open