Sigerson Cup 2011 - live scores

Started by GAA_Punter, February 16, 2011, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winnie Peg

Quote from: ck on February 20, 2011, 07:19:24 PM
I'll tell you what you nordys know how to do it alright.
Stronghold, for a man who claimed to have gone to Queen's you are fierce uptight about your beloved polytechnic when someone adds a joke to the page. You sound like a man who has an inferiority complex who is obssesed with Queen's! No-one even mentioned Queen's till you nearly broke into tears about them.

Let young lads pick the college they want, let them gain entry on merit and let them get an education first and football second.

If you are an example of the product from Sligo IT, I doubt very much if there will be many students rushing to enter there, but then of course you have probably graduated as a plumber or a joiner, don't think you would have the ability to be an electician.

Now shut up.

ExiledGael

This went downhill fast.
Sigerson weekend this day week in UCD, anyone know anything of St Pat's Drumcondra in Trench? Know Paul Casey and Brian Kavanagh played for them a few years back but bound to be long gone.

tommysmith

Quote from: Winnie Peg on February 20, 2011, 10:26:44 PM
Quote from: ck on February 20, 2011, 07:19:24 PM
I'll tell you what you nordys know how to do it alright.
Stronghold, for a man who claimed to have gone to Queen's you are fierce uptight about your beloved polytechnic when someone adds a joke to the page. You sound like a man who has an inferiority complex who is obssesed with Queen's! No-one even mentioned Queen's till you nearly broke into tears about them.

Let young lads pick the college they want, let them gain entry on merit and let them get an education first and football second.

If you are an example of the product from Sligo IT, I doubt very much if there will be many students rushing to enter there, but then of course you have probably graduated as a plumber or a joiner, don't think you would have the ability to be an electician.

Now shut up.

Many jobs going in this trade?

put-it-up-again

For anyone that has any interest you can get a look at the final eight teams squads here - http://www.he.gaa.ie/ulster-bank-sigerson-cup-preview.

Over the Fitzgibbon Cup weekend last week there was constant video clips put up and regular score updates on Gaa Higher Education Facebook Page as well as a daily round-up. Not many people know the site exists so spread the word to anyone that has an interest. The videos are well worth logging on for!

Celt_Man

Quote from: put-it-up-again on March 01, 2011, 11:50:23 PM
For anyone that has any interest you can get a look at the final eight teams squads here - http://www.he.gaa.ie/ulster-bank-sigerson-cup-preview.

Over the Fitzgibbon Cup weekend last week there was constant video clips put up and regular score updates on Gaa Higher Education Facebook Page as well as a daily round-up. Not many people know the site exists so spread the word to anyone that has an interest. The videos are well worth logging on for!

Good shout put-it-up
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Donegal Danny

Having looked through the panels i have to say i fancy a few euro on U.L. They seem to have a big strong team with plenty of good footballers. From memory the 2 Tipp lads in the forwards are decent players along with the Kerry lads and Niblock from Cork. D.C.U look very strong but U.L. have already beaten D.I.T. who were second favourites so at 8/1 might go with them.

boojangles

Quote from: Donegal Danny on March 02, 2011, 12:06:53 PM
Having looked through the panels i have to say i fancy a few euro on U.L. They seem to have a big strong team with plenty of good footballers. From memory the 2 Tipp lads in the forwards are decent players along with the Kerry lads and Niblock from Cork. D.C.U look very strong but U.L. have already beaten D.I.T. who were second favourites so at 8/1 might go with them.

Been at the same crack myself, comparing the panels and while its hard to look by DCUs forward line I feel that Jordanstown may have the backline to sniff them out. Throw in Mc Manus and Clarke in the forwards and I think they may take stopping. 5/2 looks decent as I expect them to make the final and then its as good as 50/50.

boojangles

Anybody have any inside info as regards injuries for any of the Sigerson panels?

ross4life

Could be alot of games for our guys this week hopefully no injuries. i wonder will Shine make a return for DCU

Ulster Bank Sigerson Cup Quarter Finals – 3.3.11 at Belfield
12.00 - Carlow IT v UUJ

Ref: Gary Mc Cormack, Átha Cliath

1.45 - NUIM v UL

Ref: Ciaran Branagan, An Dun

3.30 - DCU v UCC

Ref: Con Reynolds, An Dun

5.00 - NUIG v UCD

Ref: Joe McQuillan, An Cabhán

Ulster Bank Sigerson Cup Semi Finals – 4.3.11 at Belfield
2.00 Carlow IT/UUJ v NUIM/UL

Ref: Pat Fox, An Iarmhi

3.30 NUIG/UCD v DCU/UCC

Ref: Cormac Reilly, An Mhi

Final 5.3.11(Saturday) @ 2.15pm

Ref: David Coldrick, An Mhi

Final live on TG4
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

dundrumite

Quote from: boojangles on March 02, 2011, 12:35:33 PM

Been at the same crack myself, comparing the panels and while its hard to look by DCUs forward line I feel that Jordanstown may have the backline to sniff them out. Throw in Mc Manus and Clarke in the forwards and I think they may take stopping. 5/2 looks decent as I expect them to make the final and then its as good as 50/50.

Will Clarke be playing with the Cross situation?

DownFanatic

boojangles

Quote from: dundrumite on March 02, 2011, 04:46:42 PM
Quote from: boojangles on March 02, 2011, 12:35:33 PM

Will Clarke be playing with the Cross situation?

Sure its not for 2 weeks. Surely they can't wrap him up in cotton wool. It wouldn't be like Crossmaglen anyway. But I honestly don't know. I hope he plays anyway!!!

mick999

Hi Lads,

Can anyone tell me where the Castle pitch is in UCD ?

I downloaded the UCD sports Map, but it's not on there:

http://www.ucd.ie/t4cms/sportsfacilityguideweb1.pdf

Cheers ..

DuffleKing

Fairly certain its pitch twelve on that map...

mick999

Roebuck Castle GAA - that would make sense ..
I missed the Castle bit ..

Cheers ..