Sigerson Cup 2011 - live scores

Started by GAA_Punter, February 16, 2011, 08:34:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 17, 2011, 05:04:22 PM
Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 17, 2011, 04:38:43 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on February 17, 2011, 04:30:31 PM
Was at the IT Sligo v NUIG game, great 1st half but sending off ruined it, NUIG are  good outfit though. IT werent clinical enough in front of goal tbh, and id say NUIG were always going to win despite losing the midfield battle. Some very poor performances by county players in this game.

Could you expand on this buck?
Parsons roasted gilmartin, coen looked out of form, cummins for all his pace and strength lacked scoring potential, croal average enough, garvey anonomus, though douglas and doherty were disappointing for all there pace and space creation they dont punish defenders enough like cummins and croal should of all had a field day today considering the ball they got in great postions... dillon and gardner very good though imo.. thought sweeney did good for IT. A mixture r&gs, but not bad from a mayo point of view, was standing behind maughan whole game, when the game was tight not  word out of him, when nuig were pulling away he was roaring his head off, wearing his tight tank top, the rossies would be amused for sure. The mans body language isnt endearing...

Yep that's sounds like the tanned one alright  :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

RedandGreenSniper

Was at the IT Sligo v NUIG game, great 1st half but sending off ruined it, NUIG are  good outfit though. IT werent clinical enough in front of goal tbh, and id say NUIG were always going to win despite losing the midfield battle. Some very poor performances by county players in this game.

Parsons roasted gilmartin, coen looked out of form, cummins for all his pace and strength lacked scoring potential, croal average enough, garvey anonomus, though douglas and doherty were disappointing for all there pace and space creation they dont punish defenders enough like cummins and croal should of all had a field day today considering the ball they got in great postions... dillon and gardner very good though imo.. thought sweeney did good for IT. A mixture r&gs, but not bad from a mayo point of view, was standing behind maughan whole game, when the game was tight not  word out of him, when nuig were pulling away he was roaring his head off, wearing his tight tank top, the rossies would be amused for sure. The mans body language isnt endearing...

Cheers for that. Tom Parsons looked against Down like a player with a point to prove. Lets hope he keeps it up. Dillon and Gardiner are what the English soccer commentators would call 'great pro's'. You will always get everything out of them and they are great men to have on your side. Douglas and Doherty both have potential. I guess we'll have to see how they develop during the league. Re Maughan I bet he was spitting on his fingers and rubbing them as well! An awful habit!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Tubberman

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 17, 2011, 05:14:56 PM

Cheers for that. Tom Parsons looked against Down like a player with a point to prove. Lets hope he keeps it up. Dillon and Gardiner are what the English soccer commentators would call 'great pro's'. You will always get everything out of them and they are great men to have on your side. Douglas and Doherty both have potential. I guess we'll have to see how they develop during the league. Re Maughan I bet he was spitting on his fingers and rubbing them as well! An awful habit!

:D Have noticed him doing that alright. Poor man, better than having a habit of picking at his arse I suppose!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Onlooker

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 17, 2011, 03:42:25 PM
I thought DIT were favourites too, but according to Jerome Quinn's facebook......

QuoteUL beat DIT in the Sigerson. Video to follow. Second goal from Brian Fox will be worth watching, #GAA
Nice to hear about Brian Fox's winning goal for UL.  His fellow Tipperary player, Philip Austin is also on the UL team.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on February 17, 2011, 05:14:56 PM

ya he still has that habit all right :-\
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Any craic

See the UL Limerick second goal in the defeat of DIT - http://bit.ly/f33ryo

Zulu

Nice goal, though I'd say the DIT lad was fouled on the turn over.

ck

Have heard many comments in recent months that the Sigerson was quickly being devalued as the likes of DCU, DIT and UUJ were out pulling in county players through these sports bursary awards.
That's why I was particularly delighted to see UL beating DIT.

stronghold

Every single College has sports scholarships awarded by the College, the GAA and the GPA. One of the biggest currently are Maynooth and DCU but remember IT's can all play apprentices

ck

Quote from: stronghold on February 17, 2011, 08:58:42 PM
Every single College has sports scholarships awarded by the College, the GAA and the GPA. One of the biggest currently are Maynooth and DCU but remember IT's can all play apprentices

Is that true? EVERY college has scholarships? I really don't think that's the case. When I say scholarships I mean the kind where they reduce points to get fellas in, usually fellas who have nowhere near the points asked. As far as I am aware DCU, DIT and UUJ do this which is very unfair. I was involved in IT Sligo and we had nothing like this.

Winnie Peg

Quote from: ck on February 17, 2011, 09:52:19 PM
Quote from: stronghold on February 17, 2011, 08:58:42 PM

Is that true? EVERY college has scholarships? I really don't think that's the case. When I say scholarships I mean the kind where they reduce points to get fellas in, usually fellas who have nowhere near the points asked. As far as I am aware DCU, DIT and UUJ do this which is very unfair. I was involved in IT Sligo and we had nothing like this.

FFS, when I was at Queen's Sligi IT were the biggest cheats in the sigerson cup, sure you had boys playing who werent even at your college and that is not even counting your carpenters and bricklayers. It was your college and the other ITs that caused all the problems.

upmonaghansayswe

Did ya see the sending off?? haven't spoken to anyone who can call it either way.. Definitely sealed sligos fate..

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on February 17, 2011, 11:04:38 PM

Did ya see the sending off?? haven't spoken to anyone who can call it either way.. Definitely sealed sligos fate..

A stupid elbow off the ball is how it was described to me.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

RandyDupree

Conor Mortimer not kicking ball these days?  ???

spuds

Quote from: RandyDupree on February 18, 2011, 12:31:40 AM
Conor Mortimer not kicking ball these days?  ???
he is doing time for local rugby club in Mayo, Kilmaine Ham cowboys. Kicking big scores from penalties and conversions when not propping up scrum
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard