Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 26, 2011, 10:40:05 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on January 26, 2011, 10:34:41 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2011, 10:31:37 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:23:32 PM
Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 26, 2011, 10:21:37 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on January 26, 2011, 10:17:07 PM
Anyone who is silly enough to pay for a personalised number plate deserves to be ripped off. Fair play to the councils or whatever the authority is that sell these for raising money when they have gobshites to pay for them
You'll not look like a pillock for wearing a new jacket!

Same logic applies to designer clothes , luxury cars too?
Pretty much, yeah.

What about people who have enough money to buy a nice car and have a personalised number on it? Are they all cocks? I usually find that people who call "c**k" can't afford it themselves and are a bit jealous. Get over it!
Yes. I'm green with envy.  ::)
I can't imagine that even if I had an extra £1k of disposable income a month that I would ever choose to spend it like that.

do you honestly think that anyone who has 1K extra , as in a unique event, would look at a personal reg as a priority?
More so, do you believe  that 1k is the starting price for a reg?
Just like anything else above the norm, its a luxury item, but I don't recall the gaggle of condemnation at the end of the street when I spent a few quid on a good leather jacket...

Rouge_Diablo

so then kingdom, what you are really saying is that you disagree with what some others may chose to consider a luxury item and spend  their money on, and in your books that makes them..... remind me

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:41:57 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 26, 2011, 10:35:31 PM
Anyone who is silly enough to pay for a personalised number plate deserves to be ripped off. Fair play to the councils or whatever the authority is that sell these for raising money when they have gobshites to pay for them

Pretty much, yeah.

I'd hate to be you,that chip you have just gets bigger and bigger
I'd hate to be you too.

No you wouldn't..

But you do seem to have a problem with people who like have nice things in life..
Why would someone be a c**k for driving a nice car or having good clothes?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

Pretty much, yeah.

What about people who have enough money to buy a nice car and have a personalised number on it? Are they all cocks? I usually find that people who call "c**k" can't afford it themselves and are a bit jealous. Get over it!
See that's exactly the problem with people with personalised number plates, they seem to think they're in some unique group when most people could get one if they really wanted it. It's hardly anything to be jealous about  ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Puckoon on January 26, 2011, 10:38:43 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 26, 2011, 10:35:13 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 26, 2011, 08:10:46 PM
There is quite a wait for some of them. Up at the university here there is an Irish professor who has ARMAGH, and ULSTER on two of his license plates. Another professor had to wait until a fella in vegas bit the dust and the license plate BELFAST went back on the market again. If I recall correctly he was actually on the waiting list from the nevada DMV for that plate if it ever became available.

Personally, some of the lengths some people go to to phonetcially spell out an entire stupid sentence in 7 characters is quite daft LVPDRDS etc.. - but why would anyone think it any different from a guy who keeps his car spotless, likes fancy wheel rims, or big spoilers?

Las Vegas Police Department R Dick Suckers?

Close Croi.

Dope Smokers.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Maguire01

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 26, 2011, 10:40:05 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on January 26, 2011, 10:34:41 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

Yes. I'm green with envy.  ::)
I can't imagine that even if I had an extra £1k of disposable income a month that I would ever choose to spend it like that.

do you honestly think that anyone who has 1K extra , as in a unique event, would look at a personal reg as a priority?
More so, do you believe  that 1k is the starting price for a reg?Just like anything else above the norm, its a luxury item, but I don't recall the gaggle of condemnation at the end of the street when I spent a few quid on a good leather jacket...
Well if they don't cost that much, i'd be able to afford one if I wanted. Therefore, I have absolutely no reason to be jealous.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 26, 2011, 10:45:49 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

I'd hate to be you too.

No you wouldn't..

But you do seem to have a problem with people who like have nice things in life..

Cite some examples please?

I never said anyone was a c**k for driving a "nice" car or "having good clothes".

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:46:32 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

See that's exactly the problem with people with personalised number plates, they seem to think they're in some unique group when most people could get one if they really wanted it. It's hardly anything to be jealous about  ::)

just for the record, So far we have designer clothes, luxry cars and personalised plates. What else marks me out as thinking they are unique, or does that depend on what part of Armagh you are from? Inside toilets?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 26, 2011, 10:50:41 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:46:32 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

just for the record, So far we have designer clothes, luxry cars and personalised plates. What else marks me out as thinking they are unique, or does that depend on what part of Armagh you are from? Inside toilets?
Sorry, I've no idea what that means. You'll have to rephrase.

The Real Laoislad

[/quote]
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:49:50 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 26, 2011, 10:45:49 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

I'd hate to be you too.

No you wouldn't..

I never said anyone was a c**k for driving a "nice" car or "having good clothes".

Fair enough you didn't actually and I apologise.
What did you mean by this though.

Pretty much, yeah.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

pintsofguinness

That they deserved to be ripped off, all three fall in to my bracket of "pointless waste of money".

Please cite me some examples of where I have had a problem with people having "nice things in life".

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:55:39 PM

Please cite me some examples of where I have had a problem with people having "nice things in life".

No I couldn't be bothered

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:55:39 PM
That they deserved to be ripped off, all three fall in to my bracket of "pointless waste of money".

If you say so,I on the other hand disagree..
Sorry again for mixing up what you said...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:49:50 PM

No you didnt, but you expressed a strong opinion that anyone who spent money on a particular luxury item, a personalised reg ( as in personal to them) was a c**k. By you own admission luxury items like a nice car, or good clothes are exempt from c**k status. Please tell us what else we should buy or avoid. Additionally, on the off chance that its not quite black and white, could you maybe allude to the income levels (Single or household , your choice) that allow you to take said luxury item of the c**k list , and move  it alongside cars and clothes, as it no longer reflects an attempt to be unique.

pintsofguinness

QuoteNo I couldn't be bothered
Translation: I have none, I was taking a cheap dig/talking shite.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:58:43 PM
QuoteNo I couldn't be bothered
Translation: I have none, I was taking a cheap dig/talking shite.

No I actually couldn't be bothered but is a opinion I have of you.
You'll Never Walk Alone.