Personalised Number Plates

Started by wanderer, January 26, 2011, 06:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: comethekingdom on January 26, 2011, 10:17:07 PM
Anyone who is silly enough to pay for a personalised number plate deserves to be ripped off. Fair play to the councils or whatever the authority is that sell these for raising money when they have gobshites to pay for them

Same logic applies to designer clothes , luxury cars too?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rouge_Diablo on January 26, 2011, 10:21:37 PM
Anyone who is silly enough to pay for a personalised number plate deserves to be ripped off. Fair play to the councils or whatever the authority is that sell these for raising money when they have gobshites to pay for them

Pretty much, yeah.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 26, 2011, 10:23:32 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

:D Always knew you would make a great Red

comethekingdom

Not really - the number plate thing is just the worst looking thing ever on a yoke!

Hurler on the Bitch

Feck it! Do as I did and save a fortune. I just changed my name officially by deed poll to AEZ 2986. Only cost me 65 quid.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: comethekingdom on January 26, 2011, 10:28:19 PM

Not really - the number plate thing is just the worst looking thing ever on a yoke!

Oh dear

EC Unique

Pretty much, yeah.

What about people who have enough money to buy a nice car and have a personalised number on it? Are they all cocks? I usually find that people who call "c**k" can't afford it themselves and are a bit jealous. Get over it!

Maguire01

Quote from: EC Unique on January 26, 2011, 10:31:37 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

What about people who have enough money to buy a nice car and have a personalised number on it? Are they all cocks? I usually find that people who call "c**k" can't afford it themselves and are a bit jealous. Get over it!
Yes. I'm green with envy.  ::)
I can't imagine that even if I had an extra £1k of disposable income a month that I would ever choose to spend it like that.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Puckoon on January 26, 2011, 08:10:46 PM
There is quite a wait for some of them. Up at the university here there is an Irish professor who has ARMAGH, and ULSTER on two of his license plates. Another professor had to wait until a fella in vegas bit the dust and the license plate BELFAST went back on the market again. If I recall correctly he was actually on the waiting list from the nevada DMV for that plate if it ever became available.

Personally, some of the lengths some people go to to phonetcially spell out an entire stupid sentence in 7 characters is quite daft LVPDRDS etc.. - but why would anyone think it any different from a guy who keeps his car spotless, likes fancy wheel rims, or big spoilers?

Las Vegas Police Department R Dick Suckers?
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

The Real Laoislad

Pretty much, yeah.

I'd hate to be you,that chip you have just gets bigger and bigger
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rouge_Diablo

It would be interesting if the descenting voices could clarify what they mean by a personalised reg.

We must assume given the tenacity of their condemnation that they can spot one every time? Heaven forbid you might have initials that by pure coincidence match the reg you were allocated with your new car...

Puckoon

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 26, 2011, 10:35:13 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on January 26, 2011, 08:10:46 PM
There is quite a wait for some of them. Up at the university here there is an Irish professor who has ARMAGH, and ULSTER on two of his license plates. Another professor had to wait until a fella in vegas bit the dust and the license plate BELFAST went back on the market again. If I recall correctly he was actually on the waiting list from the nevada DMV for that plate if it ever became available.

Personally, some of the lengths some people go to to phonetcially spell out an entire stupid sentence in 7 characters is quite daft LVPDRDS etc.. - but why would anyone think it any different from a guy who keeps his car spotless, likes fancy wheel rims, or big spoilers?

Las Vegas Police Department R Dick Suckers?

Close Croi.

Rouge_Diablo

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 26, 2011, 10:34:41 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

I can't imagine that even if I had an extra £1k of disposable income a month that I would ever choose to spend it like that.

do you honestly think that anyone who has 1K extra , as in a unique event, would look at a personal reg as a priority?
More so, do you believe  that 1k is the starting price for a reg?
Just like anything else above the norm, its a luxury item, but I don't recall the gaggle of condemnation at the end of the street when I spent a few quid on a good leather jacket...

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on January 26, 2011, 10:35:31 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

I'd hate to be you,that chip you have just gets bigger and bigger
I'd hate to be you too. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

EC Unique

Quote from: Maguire01 on January 26, 2011, 10:34:41 PM

Pretty much, yeah.

In fairness 1k per month is not really the amount of disposable income that would justify a lux car and personal number.

I'm talking about proper wealthy people.