Michaela - The Aftermath (Please exercise discretion)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 12, 2011, 03:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this thread be

7 (9.2%)
Deleted
23 (30.3%)
Left as is
46 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Onion Bag

After I posted that milltown, that's what I said to myself, not worth it
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 12, 2011, 09:10:56 PM
Best not wasting time posting about this.

exactly, every poster on here has acted with dignity in the aftermath of Michaela's death. Lets not let some sicko bastard ruin it.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Square Ball

I hope like the vast majority for decent people that any convictions are based on hard evidence and not just confessions,
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Don Johnson

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 12, 2011, 09:18:14 PM

exactly, every poster on here has acted with dignity in the aftermath of Michaela's death. Lets not let some sicko b**tard ruin it.

I was only mentioning it to see if anyone can think of a way to get rid of it? I wasn't trying to be sick or anything myself.

I am a good friend of the couple, was at the wedding last week, that is the last thing I would want.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 12, 2011, 09:41:00 PM

exactly, every poster on here has acted with dignity in the aftermath of Michaela's death. Lets not let some sicko b**tard ruin it.

I was only mentioning it to see if anyone can think of a way to get rid of it? I wasn't trying to be sick or anything myself.

I am a good friend of the couple, was at the wedding last week, that is the last thing I would want.

not you lad, that **** on facebook. As i said 100% of our posters have been sincere, and i know from your posts you were obviously connected to John McAreavey. You can be our spokes person from here to convey our sympathy
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

armaghniac

QuotePolice said the case against the men was circumstantial but that DNA taken from the fingernails of the woman, Michaela McAreavey, was being examined.

I imagine a lot of stuff will be sent to appropriate labs, which will take a while to fully process.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Don Johnson

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 12, 2011, 09:50:43 PM
Quote from: Don Johnson on January 12, 2011, 09:41:00 PM

not you lad, that **** on facebook. As i said 100% of our posters have been sincere, and i know from your posts you were obviously connected to John McAreavey. You can be our spokes person from here to convey our sympathy

Don't worry I will. I have text him so far just, waiting until he gets home to see him to talk to him properly though for the life of me I really can't think of what to say. Suppose it will just come.

Zapatista

The two quotes below are posts I put on the condolences thread. I have removed them now.

Just to qualify here as I didn't want to get to involved in the other thread.

QuoteThey should face trial first. Probablys do no one justice

This was in reference to a poster suggesting something that 'probably' happened and then seeking justice for it. Regardless of what we know we must assume we know very little. Either that or we could end up with anything we want and demand someone pay the price for it.

QuoteI doubt it if we can tell anything. I think it's best if we don't come to conclusions or hope to point out things that the local police may or may not have missed at this stage.
I doubt if we will ever be qualified to do that and will end up adding hysteria to the details of the investigation we might have. The police may have a confession for all we know

This was a post to ask not to be offering up what we think the motive might and questioning the police investigation when we know little or nothing about it. I just think that the information must come here from Mauritius. If we try to send it the other way we will be very disappointed.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: 02 on January 12, 2011, 06:24:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 12, 2011, 06:22:34 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 12, 2011, 06:07:36 PM
I just hope those are the right people and not someone that got a confession beat out of them.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Me too!

Yes, its not about punishing someone, its about getting the real scumbags (if they have got the right ones, thats great, hopefully if they do they won't have done anything to impeded justice being done).
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

muppet

If they had a scam going whereby they did minor robberies on guests using staff room keys they could have been doing it for ages. However when an investigation starts their personal room keys would leave records as to what time they entered which room. (Some hotels store data such as your credit card number on your room key, there are supposed to wipe them but just in case I never return mine).

If there are records showing them entering the room a few minutes before Michaela they are in trouble.

If their staff duties show no reason for being in the room (e.g. it had been made up earlier in the day) they are in big trouble.

Different police forces might use confessions which we might find strange but there might be evidence such as the above that means the police have the correct people anyway.
MWWSI 2017

balladmaker

Petty theft in a tourist's room is one thing, but why the hell did it have to progress to murder! 

The chances of walking in on a burglary are slim, but upon doing so, I would have thought most thieves would just leg it, why murder!  The frustrating thing is that this should have been so much more straight forward and we should have been reading a small piece on page 11 of the Irish News of John & Michaela McAreavey's room being burgled while on honeymoon, and nothing more, that's if it even made the press. 

Instead we have the needless death of a young lady at the start of her married life, a husband a widower after less than 2 weeks and countless lives shattered.  Two weeks ago today they were married ... words are not enough.

RMDrive

Perhaps they knew that she would recognise them (I presume she would have seen them round the place) and paniced.

My missus wouldn't be a massive GAA fan but she was crying again last night thinking about this. It's amazing the way it seems to have affected so many people that wouldn't have had any kind of connection to Michaela or John or to any of the families.

armaghniac

As reported on RTE on the Pat Kenny show it appears that this tragedy results from a combination of people both evil and grossly incompetant. The two charged with murder were in the room, Micheala disturbed them and was murdered. The third guy charged was a cleaner or the like and he heard the rumpus, and met the two killers who told him to say nothing. Sadly if one of the killers had gone to loot the room and the other simply stood watch at the lift, we would not have this tragedy.

Eamon Morgan from Tullylish on Pat Kenny now.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

razor

I think it is an absolute disgrace that UTV are worried about how this would affect the Tourism Industry in Mauritius.
Who gives a flying f**k.
Also them having the cheek to ask Adrian Logan to do an interview just after they got rid of him.
UTV hang your heads in shame.

Banana Man

Quote from: armaghniac on January 13, 2011, 10:56:48 AM
As reported on RTE on the Pat Kenny show it appears that this tragedy results from a combination of people both evil and grossly incompetant. The two charged with murder were in the room, Micheala disturbed them and was murdered. The third guy charged was a cleaner or the like and he heard the rumpus, and met the two killers who told him to say nothing. Sadly if one of the killers had gone to loot the room and the other simply stood watch at the lift, we would not have this tragedy.

Eamon Morgan from Tullylish on Pat Kenny now.

What was Eamon saying on it?