Michaela - The Aftermath (Please exercise discretion)

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, January 12, 2011, 03:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should this thread be

7 (9.2%)
Deleted
23 (30.3%)
Left as is
46 (60.5%)

Total Members Voted: 76

tyssam5

Quote from: mannix on January 12, 2011, 04:25:08 PM
The world is full of scumbags, you just have to keep your eyes opened for them.
DNA evidence should be used but that place is a banana republic and DNA means nothing, and they are their own country and no outsider can force their authorities to do anything. They may make scapegoats of those fellas so as not to damage the tourism thing they have going.
I doubt justice will really be served, we will just get a semblance of it, i.e  jail someone regardless of their involvement or lack of involvement.

That's a very quick conclusion to come to, no harm but you come across a wee bit like a Sun journalist there.

muppet

Twitter:

QuoteBREAKING: Mauritius Police say 2 of the 3 men charged with the murder of Irish woman Michaela McAreavey have admitted to her killing (RTÉ)
MWWSI 2017

Franko

Quote from: fitzroyalty on January 12, 2011, 05:03:26 PM
Just noticed an online Book of Condolences on Facebook has been desecrated. Sick.

By who or for what reason?

Harold Disgracey

Just noticed an online Book of Condolences on Facebook has been desecrated. Sick.
Saw that. Thankfully the posts have been removed due to Ziggy contacting the Tyrone co board. There are some sick c***ts in this world.

orangeman

The prime suspect in the murder of Michaela McAreavey has confessed to the crime.

Twenty-nine-year-old Avinash Treebhoowoon, from Plaines des Roches, is a room attendant at the Legends Hotel.

A second hotel worker was also charged with murder while a third was charged with conspiracy to murder.

Local reporter Mayessen Nagapachetty says Mr Treboowoon confessed in the past hour.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/prime-suspect-confesses-to-michaelas-murder-489069.html#ixzz1AqKTLZTo

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 12, 2011, 04:04:54 PM
It would make you think that perhaps these people had a little side business going - seeking into rooms stealing small amounts of money or a watch or something like that. Things that you may not notice gone or if you did you'd just assume you'd left it by the pool or in the bar or something and never report it. Wee bits here and there probably earn these scumbags a fair bit of money in their country. It probably goes on more than you think in these places!

Has occurred to me before. We stayed in a well known hotel chain in Glasgow a couple of years ago and when we arrived in our next destination I went to get my new scarf that was given as a Christmas present, and I couldn't find it anywhere in our bags. After thinking back I didn't remember packing it that morning, the last place it was was in the hotel room and we did the post packing check under the beds, etc for any shit we may have left behind. There was/is no doubt in my mind that someone took it from the hotel room, whether it was a chambermaid or someone with access to a keycard. The hotel chain eventually reimbursed me for half the value of the scarf but linked it to the fact my complaint took so many phone calls to resolve. These scumbags prey on peoples absentmindedness and the fact that they have switched off for their holidays.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

ONeill

Quote from: orangeman on January 12, 2011, 05:27:16 PM

The prime suspect in the murder of Michaela McAreavey has confessed to the crime.

Twenty-nine-year-old Avinash Treebhoowoon, from Plaines des Roches, is a room attendant at the Legends Hotel.

A second hotel worker was also charged with murder while a third was charged with conspiracy to murder.

Local reporter Mayessen Nagapachetty says Mr Treboowoon confessed in the past hour.

Read more: http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/prime-suspect-confesses-to-michaelas-murder-489069.html#ixzz1AqKTLZTo

Sickening even seeing that picture.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: Franko on January 12, 2011, 05:25:37 PM

By who or for what reason?

Some scum calling himself Lenny Murphy.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

armaghniac

According to a Mauritian lawyer interviewed on RTE, such confessions are often withdrawn at the court stage. The police may be a bit robust in their questioning.

I don't think the police should have any real problem getting the right people for this atrocity, there would be restricted range of people in the area at the time. No need to round up the usual suspects. 

This is the tragedy, there was no never a real chance of the culprits getting away with this, which makes the killing pointless. When interruted, they could have simply pretended to be fixing the air conditioning or whatever and left. Even if suspicion of theft arose subsequently the penalities for stealing watches etc would probably be modest enough, especially if they weren't actually caught in the act. Sad.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

now 2 confessions

Police in Mauritius have told RTÉ that two of the three men charged in the Michaela McAreavey case have admitted murdering the 27-year-old Irishwoman.

The 27-year-old daughter of Tyrone football manager Mickey Harte was found dead at her hotel while on honeymoon on the Indian Ocean island.

Avinash Treebhoowoon, 29, Sandip Moneea, 41, and Raj Theekoy, 33, appeared in court in Mauritius this morning.

The three men are from Mauritius and are employees of the hotel where the McAreaveys were staying - two of the men are room attendants and the third is a supervisor.

During a brief hearing they spoke only to confirm their names, addresses and dates of birth.

the waffler

pintsofguinness

I just hope those are the right people and not someone that got a confession beat out of them.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Been in contact with the Tyrone County Board and it has now been removed and "Lenny" is blocked.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Quote from: pintsofguinness on January 12, 2011, 06:07:36 PM
I just hope those are the right people and not someone that got a confession beat out of them.

Exactly what I was thinking.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"