RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on January 12, 2011, 05:53:19 PM
I know there's the Tyronegaa book of condolences but, going by the reaction of Stephen McGahan's family to the same gesture, it might be a good idea to get this into some form of edited condolence from this gaaboard thread. Some heartfelt contributions. Ziggy'd be the man.

I've no problem with doing this, if everyone is happy for me to do this. I'll also consult with the Tyrone County Board next week, as they are doing something similar on their own website.
Testing Accessibility

Galwaybhoy

Well said OM.  That was a perfect post.

I don't know the Harte or McAreavey families but I was very shocked to hear of this tragedy the other evening.  From reading the stories that have been posted in this thread about both Michaela and Mickey it can do nothing but make you smile.  Without knowing either family you can see the respect that both families have from the wider communities.

Rarely has the death of someone I have never met brought out so many emotions within me.  Shock, sadness and even anger towards those that could commit such a heinous act.  It says so much about Mickey and his family that they could face the cameras so soon after this tragedy and speak with such dignity without ever letting his anger show.  I could not do that.  It was great to hear Mickey speak of Michaela's husband John in the way he did yesterday.  A man that was put in a position that no man ever should.  I feel so sorry for him and the fact he had to face this tragedy all alone with no loved ones within 100's of miles.

This tragedy has been felt far and wide and both the Harte and McAreavey families will be in my prayers over the next few days.

May Michaela Rest In Peace

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ziggysego on January 12, 2011, 06:17:21 PM
I know there's the Tyronegaa book of condolences but, going by the reaction of Stephen McGahan's family to the same gesture, it might be a good idea to get this into some form of edited condolence from this gaaboard thread. Some heartfelt contributions. Ziggy'd be the man.

I've no problem with doing this, if everyone is happy for me to do this. I'll also consult with the Tyrone County Board next week, as they are doing something similar on their own website.

Fire away Ziggy.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ck

Well done Orangeman. Your sentiments speak for many. I havent got the words or the ability to describe how I feel but I am so deeply sorry for both families. Micheala represented all that is beautiful about the our beloved GAA.

I am really reluctant to speculate as it may not be the time or the place but I just really do not like the way the Maritiaus tourism minsiter was on TV talking about how safe it was and how this was the only murder, then all of a sudden they had made arrests quickly followed by even quicker admissions. I just hope it is the truth that is coming out and not some government led cover up.

armaghniac

I think the speculation and discussion of the case should be kept to the Non GAA thread and leave this one for sympathies.
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=18254.0

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ziggysego on January 12, 2011, 06:17:21 PM

Just a suggestion but maybe Give her Dixie would be keen to give you a hand as a relation of the Hartes.

-Very well put Orangeman

lawnseed

very hard to watch micky last night. i think he handled himself very well, i know i could never have done it he is a great man. everyone in work was talking about him its not surprising that we all admitted to crying. how can things like this happen to great people it just is'nt fair.

folk should stop bitchin about money etc and count their blessings- spend time with your family what would micky harte give for 5 more minutes with his daughter 

A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

new devil

Thanks for that Orange man...Like someone else said i having got the words or the  ability to write down the way i feel about this but the way you put it was pretty much perfect

tbrick18

Very eloquent OM and perfectly put.

fitzroyalty

Maguire01

http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0112/mcareaveym.html
QuoteMeanwhile, John McAreavey has spoken out for the first time about the murder of his wife.

In a statement, Mr McAreavey said: 'Words have no meaning.

'My beautiful wife, my best friend, my rock Michaela, has been taken from me and I still can't take it in.

'Our hopes, our dreams and our future together are gone. I am heartbroken and like Mickey, Marian, Michaela's brothers and my family, I am totally devastated.

'I am numbed.

'I love my wife, very, very much and my world revolved around her. I can't describe in words how lost I feel as Michaela is not just the light of my life - she is my life.

'I appreciate all the prayers and messages of support. I pray that God gives us the strength and faith that Michaela has, to cope with our horrific loss.

'She is a gift from god and I now have an angel.

'Our families now need the time, privacy and space to make the necessary arrangements to take Michaela home.
'

Heartbreaking to imagine what he's going through.

RedandGreenSniper

Superbly put Orangeman, a credit to you. Very moving reflection.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Goldengreen

My deepest sympathies to the Harte and McAreavey families on the lost of Michaela. RIP