RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on November 14, 2012, 08:52:27 PM
Quote from: Sandy Hill on November 14, 2012, 08:27:59 PM
An over-reaction I feel. Many people, myself included, suffered major tragedies in life but, for our own sakes and the sake of the rest of the family, got on with our lives and the pressures of our work.

That is along the lines that I was thinking. And being a priest he has witnessed the worst of the troubles, burying lots of closed caskets along the way. So I was wondering why one murder or the death of a parent would suddenly tip the balance.

But of course everyone is different, and I'm not in anyway condemning or judging.
Christ almighty next you'll be telling people with depression to pull themselves together. Grief, death and stress hit us all differently, I have never seen such crass and unthinking comments. Next you will be advocating that Gay people should just get straight or cancer patients should just heal themselves.

Orior

Quote from: Applesisapples on November 15, 2012, 11:31:03 AM
An over-reaction I feel. Many people, myself included, suffered major tragedies in life but, for our own sakes and the sake of the rest of the family, got on with our lives and the pressures of our work.

That is along the lines that I was thinking. And being a priest he has witnessed the worst of the troubles, burying lots of closed caskets along the way. So I was wondering why one murder or the death of a parent would suddenly tip the balance.

But of course everyone is different, and I'm not in anyway condemning or judging.

Christ almighty next you'll be telling people with depression to pull themselves together. Grief, death and stress hit us all differently, I have never seen such crass and unthinking comments. Next you will be advocating that Gay people should just get straight or cancer patients should just heal themselves.

Yes, but did I tell you to ignore the sentence highlighted above?

Dick.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

NAG1

Time to close the thread?

Think everyone has had their say on the tragedy and the aftermath.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on November 15, 2012, 11:57:25 AM
Quote from: Applesisapples on November 15, 2012, 11:31:03 AM

Yes, but did I tell you to ignore the sentence highlighted above?

Dick.
My comment related to the totality of the posts included and not just yours alone, however you still say that you were thinking along those lines. If you have to resort to name calling I must have hit a nerve!