RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on January 10, 2011, 10:25:45 PM
Quote from: football-4-life on January 10, 2011, 10:21:23 PM
terrible news!! i have just heard that she was murdered! please tell me this isnt true!

This is getting out of hand. Can people leave the speculation until after the post mortem. 5am our time tomorrow morning. Show some sense and respect.

I hope that's wrong but you get the feeling it might be right. Anyways, now is not the time. Prayers are with those who feel the lose most.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

FL/MAYO

Terrible news for any family to endure, RIP Micheala...

Newbridge Exile

Condolences to both families , shocking news

omagh_gael

Bishop Mc Areavey confirmed that his use of the term 'killed' in his statement was due to the emotional nature of the news. He said there has been no suggestion of foul play and this is in the hands of the police in Mauritus.

Dinny Breen

Shocked

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a h-anam.
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

Seen that on the news just a while ago. There are no words for it. Things like that just shouldn't happen. I obviously don't know the families at all, but you can't help but be shook from hearing news like that.

Thoughts and prayers go out to them all. RIP. God love them.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Bogball XV

Awful tragedy for both families, I can only imagine the heartbreak they're all experiencing now.

Regarding the speculation, Bishop McAreavey said this earlier:

Quote"Both families are deeply shocked and devastated by this tragic news and they ask for privacy and space at this time of profound grief," they said in the statement.

Speaking this evening, Bishop John McAreavey said " there are fears" about the circumstances of the death

"We fear something has happened but we still have so many unanswered questions ", he said in Banbridge.

The Bishop did not withdraw the earlier statement which suggested that they had heard that Michaela had been killed.

He said perhaps the statement had been made in haste but they still had genuine concerns about how she had died.

They had also heard reports that it was an accident but they just did not have enough information.

He said that Michaela was the light of her husband's life and the death had been devastating for the family.

"My strongest sense is that a light has gone out ", he said.

Hurler on the Bitch

This is just unreal. I cannot imagine what the families are going through. May God help them all at this time of tragedy.

comethekingdom

Shocking news altogether. Deepest sympathy to all families concerned. Michaela was a beautiful girl and great for the GAA. RIP.

Orangemac

Shocking news. Unbelievably sad.

Might not always have agreed with Mickey Harte on many issues but the decency always shone from him.

Tyrone football has had enough of this heartache.

Condolences to the family.

INDIANA

Simply shocking news. Sincere condolences to all.

Doogie Browser

As someone else said I hope the Irish authorities get diplomatic assistance to John asap it must be a very lonely place for the poor fella now.

Don Johnson

Quote from: Doogie Browser on January 10, 2011, 11:06:43 PM
As someone else said I hope the Irish authorities get diplomatic assistance to John asap it must be a very lonely place for the poor fella now.

Can't even begin to think what he is going through out there. Michaela was his life.

antoinse

Bud Wiser

Can't understand or get to grips with this.  Simply awful news for all concerned but especially for a very verry nice man with a strong faith and a lovely daughter that he adored.  There is not a Gael in Ireland tonight whose thoughts are not with the Harte family. R.I.P. Michaela.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"