RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Subbie

Christ, I'm numb here, terrible terrible news,no matter what the circumstances are two families are ripped apart at what should be a special time.
My thoughts are with both families & wider circle of friends.
Ar Dheis De Ar a ainm dilis.

rosnarun

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

TacadoirArdMhacha

Its just an unspeakable tragedy. To contemplate a life ended at 27 must be unbearable. I know Micky Harte is a man of deep faith and I only hope that sustains him through his grief. I went to school with John myself, I wouldn't have been that friendly with him but he was always a very civil and decent fella. I dread to think what he must be going through at the minute.

May she Rest in Peace. Amen.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Atticus_Finch

I first met Michaela at Dromantine, Society of African Missions Summer camp.   On one of the first nights of camp, unbeknown to the Priests, all the lads were playing a card game called Maverick whereby each player is given two cards and then they bet that the next card they are dealt will be inbetween (in terms of value) the cards they already have, any lost bets went to the pot. It wasn't long before the pot got out of control and there was a serious amount of cash on the table.  I ended up winning the pot and what made victory the more sweet at the time for me, as a Derry man, was that the main contributor to the pot was a Tyrone man. But unfortunately for me he was also an Errigal Ciaran man. It wasn't long before Michaela approached me, asking me to give the lad back his money.  My initial reaction was "But I won it fair and square",  within one minute Michaela had me convinced that the right thing to do was offer this lad back his money and I did.  He wouldn't take it back no matter how many times i offered.  Looking back on that now, I have no doubt that Michaela played a vital part in all of Tyrone's All Ireland successes. It's no secret the level of support that she provided her dad down through the years but she also was a reassuring presence for the players, looking out for them and helping instil belief and confidence where required.  I didn't know her all that well but anytime I saw her out in Belfast years after that card game, she would always have a smile and a hello for you.  You couldn't have met a more genuine and down to earth girl.  You will be missed Michaela, it's hard to think that you are no longer with us. Thought and prayers are with your family at this difficult time. RIP
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Rufus T Firefly

Genuinely shocked to hear this terrible news.

Deepest condolences to the Harte and McAreavey families on their tragic loss.

May Michaela Rest In Peace.

Gaffer

RTE News

The Bishop who married them , John's uncle, said that they were not ruling out a crime by someone outside the family.

Hopefully not please God.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

rootthemout

devasting news for family and husband,may she RIP.

StGallsGAA

Hotel staff are quoted as saying it was an accident of some kind.  Tragic.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Orior

Condolences to both the Harte and McAreavy families.

I feel like I knew Michaela.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

NaomhBridAbĂș

in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Kerry Mike

shocking and sad news, my sympathies to her husband, her family and the family of her husband. RIP
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

screenmachine

It's the first death in a long time I've been genuinely shocked to hear of, especially after seeing the wedding photographs in the paper only a week or so ago, it's just very hard to believe.

Condolences to both families and may she rest in peace.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

angermanagement

Terrible news still can't get my head round it. Sympathy to both families, John and friends. RIP Michaela.

RedandGreenSniper

An unspeakable tragedy. My heart goes out to both families. I read Mickey's book last year and I was full of admiration for his deep faith and how he helped so many other people who had been through tragedy. It is so sad that he now must draw on those experiences for someone so close to him. I hope he and his family, John and his family and all who knew Michaela can summon the strength to get through the next few days.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year