RIP Michaela McAreavey

Started by MR99, January 10, 2011, 05:03:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wavesofTORRES

I've never met Mickey Harte but like most gaels i have admired the man and his achievements from afar.I have not always agreed with some of his opinions or some of his tactics but what I have admired is his resolution to create something and see it through to what has mostly been successful conclusions. I was always touched by his devotion to his faith and his daughter and making her pivotal in all he achieved with Tyrone was an inspiration to so many young girls to get involved in the GAA, she showed that young beautiful vibrant girls had a place in the GAA and with  her father by her side it created an image that for me pushed the image of the GAA forward  into the 21st century. The loss that must be felt by the Hartes and McAreaveys at this time is with out doubt of unimaginable proportions, they are now in a place that none of us ever want to visit but alas some of will at some time in our lives. To both families I extend my sympathy as a father and a husband  and my prayers are with you. No one man deserves to have so much tragedy bestowed upon them. R.I.P.

Mid Down Gael

Jesus this news has shocked me badly. An absolute nightmare for anyone never mind a lovely, gentle women who was a great gael, on her honeymoon. Had the pleasure of meeting Michaela on a few occassions and her tragic death has left me in complete shock.
Sincere condolences to the Harte family and to John McAreavy, what he must be going through today 9 days after his wedding is unbearable.

RIP Michaela

Milltown Row2

Sad news. RIP  Was it an accident of some sort?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

orchard 8195

Life can be so cruel. feel so sorry for the family. think mickey harte just had a brother die recently too.

Hoof Hearted

God help the family, especially her new husband. Jesus christ where you would start if you were that poor man
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

laoisgaa

turk

Archie Mitchell

Terrible terrible tragedy. Thoughts are with John and both families now. RIP

Reillers

Terrible news, absolutely shocking. A terrible night for GAA. Awful news.
Condolences to all concerned.

Ar dheis De go raibh a hanam.

5 Sams

Mother of God what a tragedy....Mickey has had more than his fair share of grief already ....and now this...

Ar dheis De go raibh a hanam.
The Aristocrat Years

theskull1

UTV saying
A joint statement from the Bishop and Mickey Harte said:

"We wish to confirm that we have received confirmation this afternoon that Michaela, married on 30 December 2010 to John McAreavey, was killed today in Mauritius where the couple were on honeymoon.

BBC saying
"It is believed she was found dead in her hotel room by her husband.

A joint statement by Mr Harte and Catholic Bishop of Dromore John McAreavey said they had been notified of the young woman's death."

You would think that news organisations would tie up with each other especially when they refer to the same statement from the families

RIP
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mike Sheehy

very tragic news. May she rest in peace.

EC Unique

Quote from: orchard 8195 on January 10, 2011, 06:58:35 PM
Life can be so cruel. feel so sorry for the family. think mickey harte just had a brother die recently too.

he had a brother buried towards the end of last year and another brother quite ill at present. Too much for a family to have to deal with. Words fail me. Errigal have a sad time ahead but we will rally.

sebastion

Micky Harte offered a lot of comfort to so many people in this situation, I only hope it will stand to him and his family now. The Harte family in Tyrone and the Mcareavey family from Down are members of the Gaa family and I know they will be taken care by the members of their local community's in Tyrone and Down ,we can only hold them all in our thoughts May Micheala Mcareavey rest in peace