0 (0%)
Conor Cruise O Brien
1 (1.3%)
Jackie Healy Ray
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 06, 2010, 05:56:26 PM
PSTG, you make me pray for Global Warming.

What if another famine comes along? how will you survive it without us in Westport?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 06, 2010, 05:59:58 PM

What if another famine comes along? how will you survive it without us in Westport?

Bit slow there aren't we PSTG, we will have our own coast then.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 06, 2010, 06:01:24 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 06, 2010, 05:59:58 PM

Bit slow there aren't we PSTG, we will have our own coast then.

Did I not already give you the definition of "Fish heads"

RedandGreenSniper

Poor Peter is confused. One minute he's from Westport, the next minute he's an Islandeady man. Identity crisis. Leave him alone guys. We were all taught that we shouldn't pick on those less fortunate than us.
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on December 06, 2010, 06:15:28 PM
Poor Peter is confused. One minute he's from Westport, the next minute he's an Islandeady man. Identity crisis. Leave him alone guys. We were all taught that we shouldn't pick on those less fortunate than us.

Islandeady?

I must say this is hillarious.

The Castlebar simpletons attacking from one side
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSFDd-v7Pic

The Ballina scum from the other.  http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=11444:ballina-raid-uncovers-massive-display-of-wealth&catid=23:news&Itemid=46

Thank God for Westport and its hinterland It gives Mayo some degree of respectability.

RedandGreenSniper

We really are fucked if you are the paragon of respectibility  :D
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ross4life

Did PSTG miss out on one of the key Mayo stories of recent years?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Nally Stand

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 06, 2010, 11:26:38 AM
Quote from: Banana Man on December 06, 2010, 09:33:04 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on December 05, 2010, 04:36:31 PM
No blueshirts up there I see.

How about Michael Collins, he was directly responsible for 100's if not 1000's of deaths.

Idiotic thread laced in the bias of a Fine Gael puppet.

well said myles plus he was linked to even more after the partition of Ireland, if he had not signed us over like lambs to the slaughter the troubles would not have started as the unionists would not have had a manufactured majority in a gerrymandered state to deny nationalists basic civil rights, so if your going to do a poll at least have the decency to hide your civil war blinkers

What will you nordies come out with next. You blame your own savagery on Michael Collins! Nally stand apologies your right it wasnt 3500 it was only a mere 2000 people that Sinn Fein/IRA were responsible for the deaths of.

How many deaths were Michael Collins responsible for then? Why was he not a "southern savage" and a "terrorist"?

As I already asked, if those in the six counties who used physical force tactics for a political aim, in your eyes were just "savages" and "terrorists", why then were those who used the same tactics for the same political objective for the now freed 26 counties then freedom fighters and heros?

And final question, did you not know that there were 3500 victims (approx) in the northern conflict or were you quite deliberately using lies and sensationalism to chat sh1te when you claimed the IRA were responsible for "3500 deaths"?

You, my friend, are everything that is wrong with Ireland today. Fight for freedom in the south from a repressive regime and you're a hero. Do the same in the north to attain freedom from a much more oppressive regime once the south is free and you're just a "savage" and a "terrorist". Quick to forget your own history aren't you? You wouldn't have your bit of freedom now if it weren't for the tactics which you now describe as "savagery" and "terrorism".

Clown.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: Nally Stand on December 06, 2010, 06:41:50 PM

How about Michael Collins, he was directly responsible for 100's if not 1000's of deaths.

well said myles plus he was linked to even more after the partition of Ireland, if he had not signed us over like lambs to the slaughter the troubles would not have started as the unionists would not have had a manufactured majority in a gerrymandered state to deny nationalists basic civil rights, so if your going to do a poll at least have the decency to hide your civil war blinkers

What will you nordies come out with next. You blame your own savagery on Michael Collins! Nally stand apologies your right it wasnt 3500 it was only a mere 2000 people that Sinn Fein/IRA were responsible for the deaths of.

How many deaths were Michael Collins responsible for then? Why was he not a "southern savage" and a "terrorist"?

As I already asked, if those in the six counties who used physical force tactics for a political aim, in your eyes were just "savages" and "terrorists", why then were those who used the same tactics for the same political objective for the now freed 26 counties then freedom fighters and heros?

And final question, did you not know that there were 3500 victims (approx) in the northern conflict or were you quite deliberately using lies and sensationalism to chat sh1te when you claimed the IRA were responsible for "3500 deaths"?

You, my friend, are everything that is wrong with Ireland today. Fight for freedom in the south from a repressive regime and you're a hero. Do the same in the north to attain freedom from a much more oppressive regime once the south is free and you're just a "savage" and a "terrorist". Quick to forget your own history aren't you? You wouldn't have your bit of freedom now if it weren't for the tactics which you now describe as "savagery" and "terrorism".

Clown.

Michael Collins never bombed pubs or butchers where innocent people were, he never gave a false bomb warning forcing people to be directed straight past the real bomb such as in Omagh. He never killed children like in Warrington. he never got involved in racketeering, bank robbery, fuel laundering, and kidnapping. So its like comparing chalk and cheese.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: ross4life on December 06, 2010, 06:38:04 PM

Well it is a castlebar paper. You would not see stuff like this in the Mayo news.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 06, 2010, 06:54:18 PM

Well it is a castlebar paper. You would not see stuff like this in the Mayo news.

Its a Galway paper, ya tool.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 06, 2010, 07:01:08 PM

Mayo advertiser, based Market Square Castlebar.

http://www.facebook.com/MayoAdvertiser

Were you not just saying that the Land league was formed by Castlebar because of the meetings were held there even though the founding members were from outside Castlebar?

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 06, 2010, 07:03:58 PM

Mayo Advertiser is part of the Advertiser/Galway Advertiser http://www.advertiser.ie/

How is the Soccer going?

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on December 06, 2010, 07:09:53 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 06, 2010, 07:03:58 PM

Mayo Advertiser is part of the Advertiser/Galway Advertiser http://www.advertiser.ie/

How is the Soccer going?

So its not based in Castlebar?

Nally Stand

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on December 06, 2010, 06:53:05 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on December 06, 2010, 06:41:50 PM

Clown.

Michael Collins never bombed pubs or butchers where innocent people were, he never gave a false bomb warning forcing people to be directed straight past the real bomb such as in Omagh. He never killed children like in Warrington. he never got involved in racketeering, bank robbery, fuel laundering, and kidnapping. So its like comparing chalk and cheese.

And those activities were ALL the IRA did? Or is this more sensationalism? Considering that the PIRA had a rate of Civilian to Combatant deaths that would compare favourably to that of ANY armed group, then have you any argument not based on sensationalist lies?
By "chalk and cheese" do you then mean that those who fought in the south never carried out attacks where civilians were killed either deliberately or by accident? Maybe you should read In The Year of Disappearances:Political Killings in Cork 1921-22 by Gearoid Murphy which details how the Cork No 1 Brigade, were responsible for the abduction, torture amd murder of seventy-three civilian members of the minority Protestant community of Cork city and its surroundings. It tells how Martin Corry used a burial vault in Kilquane graveyard as a prison, prior to taking their victims for killing and burial in Carroll's Bog, Knockraha, near Watergrassmill. The dead included three teenage boy scouts who accidentally found an IRA arms dump at Mount Vernon in April 1921 who, like many of the other victims, were disappeared. I thought you said those who fought in the south didn't kill children or disappear people? The book also tells how other  targets included Freemasons, YMCA members and Protestant Boy Scouts, Methodists and other low-church Protestants.
At least a further twelve individuals from non-Protestant backgrounds were also killed and secretly buried by the brigade. You also say they didn't carry out racketeerings or robberies. Maybe you should also read "The IRA and It's Enemies" by Peter Hart who noted how from March 29th - April 19th that 323 Post Offices were robbed and the Great Western Railway was repeatedly robbed by the IRA which repeatedly denied responsibility. I could sadly go on all day. Both campaigns were using the same method to achieve the same goal. The point is that to claim that those who fought in the south in the Tan War were squeeky clean and those who fought in the six counties were just blood thirsty savages is a mindset that is nothing short of laughably stupid. You simply cannot pick and choose which was justified and which wasn't based on some pathetic idea of differences like yours.

Oh and, you didn't answer my other question so I'll ask again:
Did you not know that there were 3500 victims (approx) in the northern conflict or were you quite deliberately using lies and sensationalism when you claimed the IRA were responsible for "3500 deaths"?

(It's a bit of a joke that I'm trying to debate this with someone who thinks that "SF/IRA" were behind the Omagh bomb.)
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore