Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 8222174 times)

real food, real people

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #41550 on: August 28, 2012, 02:16:26 PM »
Are there any bookies daft enough to give odds on Lavey Greenlough tomorrow night?

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41551 on: August 28, 2012, 02:32:15 PM »
Are there any bookies daft enough to give odds on Lavey Greenlough tomorrow night?

Betting is for mugs RFRP.

theticklemister

• View Profile
« Reply #41552 on: August 28, 2012, 02:35:49 PM »
betting is all on boylesports people, I can't copy and paste it on the computer I am on at present

TheRealSlimShady

• View Profile
« Reply #41553 on: August 28, 2012, 04:22:28 PM »

The life savings going on lavey? I wouldnt be surprised if the bets were void though!

the half-time show

• View Profile
« Reply #41554 on: August 29, 2012, 09:39:02 AM »
I know we're heading into Championship weekend now, but seeing as all Division 1 fixtures are finished can anyone clarify what happens reagrding winners/relegation?

Position Team    Points
1 Magherafelt    28
2 Ballinderry      28
3 Slaughtneil     24
4 Loup               19
5 Bellaghy         16
6 Glenullin         16
7 Coleraine        16
8 Kilrea              16
9 Dungiven         13
10 Ballinascreen 13
11 Banagher      11
12 Craigbane     10
13 Steelstown    10
14 Lavey              9
15 Greenlough     6
16 Glen                5

Am i right in thinking B'Derry and S'Neil play-off for the right to face Magherafelt in the Division 1 final, the winners of which will be crowned league champions?

At the other end of the table will Lavey and Greenlough be in a playoff?  The winner of which is safe with the loser playing Glen in a relegation playoff.  The loser of that is automatically down while the winner will have to wait to play the loser of the Division 2 playoff, right?  It's hard enough getting my head round it without trying to put it into words!

theticklemister

• View Profile
« Reply #41555 on: August 29, 2012, 10:21:15 AM »
The former is correct I beloeve, the latter is not. Greenlough and Glen play in relegation playoff, the loser goes down automatically and the winner has another chance and plays the loser of promotion playoff in the intermediate grade.

riptorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41556 on: August 29, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
Boylesports.com

Ballinderry 13/8
Slaughtneil 5/1
Magherafelt 7/1
Ballinascreen 8/1
Glenullin 8/1
Bellaghy 8/1
Kilrea 9/1
Dungiven 10/1
Loup 14/1
Coleraine 16/1
Lavey 25/1
Banagher 66/1
Craigbane 100/1
Glen 125/1
Steelstown 150/1
Greenlough 200000/1

real food, real people

• View Profile
« Reply #41557 on: August 29, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »
Brian McIver favourite for Derry football manager post
Brian McIver is the front-runner to become Derry boss after he was one of five men nominated for the post.

Current boss John Brennan, Tony Scullion, Peter Doherty and Liam Bradley, who resigned as Antrim boss on Monday, have also been nominated.

Ballinderry man McIver was in charge of Donegal for three years before stepping down in 2008 and he took Ballinderry to an All-Ireland title in 2002.

Bradley said he is unsure as to whether to put himself forward for the job.

He was linked with the position after Brennan's future as Oak Leaf boss was put in doubt by the decision to open up the post to nominations from clubs.

Glenullin man Bradley guided Antrim to the 2009 Ulster final in his first year in charge of the county.

Former Derry player Scullion and Kilrea manager Doherty are also in the frame to take over from Brennan.

The Derry county executive met with Brennan two weeks ago to allow him to give his assessment of the 2012 campaign.

Prior to being appointed in September 2010, Brennan had indicated that he would not be willing to go through an interview process to secure the job.

McIver has been part of backroom teams with Down and most recently the Derry minors.
BBC WEBSITE

riptorn

• View Profile
« Reply #41558 on: August 29, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »
Brian has had too good a record to ruin it taking on Derry

Oak Leafer

• View Profile
« Reply #41559 on: August 29, 2012, 12:51:38 PM »
Brian is the pick of the bunch, however it wouldn't be difficult!

Why weren't clubs nominating Tohill or O'Rourke? I would like to think the board will investigate other options.

It must be noted that McIver made no impression with Donegal.

the half-time show

• View Profile
« Reply #41560 on: August 29, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
The former is correct I beloeve, the latter is not. Greenlough and Glen play in relegation playoff, the loser goes down automatically and the winner has another chance and plays the loser of promotion playoff in the intermediate grade.

That would make sense as I see Lavey conceded their final game, i assume they knew they were safe.

JohnDenver

• View Profile
« Reply #41561 on: August 29, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »

Why weren't clubs nominating Tohill or O'Rourke? I would like to think the board will investigate other options.

It must also be noted that you are a clown.

I'm sure he made an impression one way or another, and if I remember correctly from reports at the time from various players when he left Donegal, he was well thought of.  He won a national league with them, their first title since 1992.

theticklemister

• View Profile
« Reply #41562 on: August 29, 2012, 01:49:01 PM »

Maybe they don't want to get nominated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Let's hope this process is not like a club AGM and people get nominated without being asked, this leads to a waste of time and embarrassment. I think the executive council has a nomination each also which means that they can spring a surprise to enter the running.

Oak Leafer

• View Profile
« Reply #41563 on: August 29, 2012, 03:26:47 PM »
I doubt i've hot a raw nerve John (Denver) Boy!  ;)

What was his championship record like with Donegal?

real food, real people

• View Profile
« Reply #41564 on: August 29, 2012, 04:01:34 PM »
Not sure what his championship record with Donegal was but I know he was one of the main reasons for the turnaround in Downs fortunes. Beaten in the qualifiers against Wicklow to an All -Ireland Final. McIver may not win an All Ireland but he will certain help steady the ship and get the current Derry panel back on track. Could see promotion and an Ulster title for def if he was in charge as I think the players are there....(cue backlash)
What would be a definate result if he got the job is that he would leave them much further up the road than they are now, maybe just in time for Paul or Enda Gormley or the like to come along and finish the job.