Author Topic: Derry Club football and Hurling  (Read 7400951 times)

Wildweasel74

• View Profile
Re: Derry Club football and Hurling
« Reply #41550 on: August 27, 2012, 12:04:54 AM »
lokk at the difference in fitness to start with, remember cork clocked this team by 15pts in 2009 om a mano per mano line up

glensman-derry

• View Profile
« Reply #41551 on: August 27, 2012, 01:33:15 AM »
Watched game today and seen lock of highlights. Donegal have unreal fitness levels. We seen it in Ballybofey against Derry. Until a team matches them for fitnesss and workrate, then forget about beating them.
Derry wernt fit, wernt organised. Got a hell of a beating.Cork are some side but looked like wee boys today. Hell of a beating too. So maybe Derry arnt as bad as we thought. At the end of the day, Donegal havent pulled players from nowhere, its the same panel the last 5/6 years with the exception of a few. The difference. A manager.
Mc Guinness is a genius. First rule of managing IMHO is to be a players man, have them listening to everyword you say.Second, have a gameplan. Even its not the same as Donegal's, at least have something the plsyers can follow. Something they believe in. Derry have neither at minute.
The answer. A MANAGER. Over to you Mr Chairman. Someone who knows tactics. Someone to get boys fit, to compete,to look like the good foootballers they are.

Hoof Hearted

• Oh Yeessss !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41552 on: August 27, 2012, 09:42:05 AM »
If all else fails, believe in omens - last time donegal won an all ireland, we won it the next year !

So, come on Donegal, amd roll on 2013 !!
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Oak Leafer

• View Profile
« Reply #41553 on: August 27, 2012, 02:39:51 PM »
Anyone hear anything on the nominations?

glens abu

• View Profile
« Reply #41554 on: August 27, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »
Baker resigned from Antrim post so would think he will be putting his name forward.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41555 on: August 27, 2012, 04:31:27 PM »
Baker resigned from Antrim post so would think he will be putting his name forward.

Just saw it on the Antrim site . . . I would imagine his name will figure strongly on the shortlist. Personally I don't think he's the man for the job.

Dell

• View Profile
« Reply #41556 on: August 27, 2012, 05:12:50 PM »
Baker must fancy his chances for Derry job v suprised at him stepping down he must realise he has no chance of Derry job
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Walter Cronc

• UTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41557 on: August 27, 2012, 05:44:38 PM »
What is the process of the County managerial position anyway? Do clubs nominate as in previous years??

glens abu

• View Profile
« Reply #41558 on: August 27, 2012, 05:47:21 PM »
Baker must fancy his chances for Derry job v suprised at him stepping down he must realise he has no chance of Derry job

???How can he fancy his chances,but realise he has no chance?

Hillbilly

• View Profile
« Reply #41559 on: August 27, 2012, 06:03:32 PM »

Just saw it on the Antrim site . . . I would imagine his name will figure strongly on the shortlist. Personally I don't think he's the man for the job.
How can you post this??? this is the problem with Derry to many knowalls. So before the county board give the derry job to the wrong man why don't you tell them who must get the job and when we will win the Sam. HANDIER

Pragmatist

• View Profile
« Reply #41560 on: August 27, 2012, 07:06:16 PM »
Having spoken at length to a Donegal man with the inside track on training and playing demands, I am convinced [as is he] that we do not have 25 players in Derry, aged 18-30, who would be prepared to give what is required to launch a serious All-Ireland assault in the near future. It's not just the conditioning, the diet, the fluid intake [or lack of] and the technical improvement needed, it's the willingness of each player to buy into a role that he must play in order to make the machine work. Can you think of who might still run headlong into trouble when he should be fielding and laying the ball off? Who would be hovering 60m from goal when under instruction to stay inside the 20m line? Who might continue to mark from behind when required to do so from from the front? Who would be drawn to try and win breaking ball when asked to stay wide? Who would still take a toe-tap and a bounce after being shown the folly of it? Who would still run into the 'D' if the manager wanted it cleared? We have too many wilful players and not enough willing ones! It may take 4 years to change this.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41561 on: August 28, 2012, 12:28:45 AM »
I'm hearing Brian McIver is the main man!!

theticklemister

• '...... said yer man from the Daily Mail.'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41562 on: August 28, 2012, 12:30:59 AM »

such news at an ungodly hour!!!! well, spill the beans!

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41563 on: August 28, 2012, 01:08:24 AM »

such news at an ungodly hour!!!! well, spill the beans!

I've had 2 texts and lots of speculation on the Twittesphere!!! If true it's a great appointment.

real food, real people

• View Profile
« Reply #41564 on: August 28, 2012, 10:13:20 AM »
McIver & Tally Seniors
McIver Junior u21
Enda Gormley Minor

Theres the County Football management for next year.