Are we all cheering for England today?

Started by thewobbler, December 02, 2010, 10:18:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: stephenite on December 03, 2010, 05:30:18 AM
Another who called himself Abu Khubeib al-Khorasani said 2022 will be the "most exciting" World Cup final, predicting that Portuguese player Cristiano Ronaldo would be kidnapped and Al-Qaeda would win the tournament.
12 more years of Ronaldo

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

armaghniac

QuoteQutar  has One and a half million people and will build nine stadiums,  paddy the Irishman flies around in airplanes trying to catch paddy the other Irish man burning any rubbish all so we do our part for the environment and here they are building nine stadiums and cooling them for a four week tournament.

All solar powered, apparently.

QuoteAre they going to sell the stadiums when it's all over and ship them abroad?

Apparently they are going to dismantle them and donate them to a poor country.

Its all a bit strange.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Kerry Mike

QuoteApparently they are going to dismantle them and donate them to a poor country.

The FAI fecked up again, if we knew this 3 years ago we could have held out for one of the Qatar ones instead of spending all that money on the Aviva, Maybe the Cork County board might hold off doing up Pairc Ui Chaoimh for a few years !!!

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

GalwayBayBoy

Donkeywalloper

yer doll in that second photo is a botox version of thon deaf one Keilty used to be sliding the length to !

mannix

I was being sarcastic, about shipping the stadiums abroad. The Americans are fairly annoyed, I had thought they would get it but maybe their foreign policy is coming back to haunt them.I could see why Russia would get it, but Qatar where it's so hot and no beer is a bit of a strange one. 115 f average in July, what kind of air conditioning can work like that on a stadium. The turf in the bogs of Qatar must be in clods in a few days with that kind of heat.

seafoid

Eureka at FIFA!
By Colm McCarthy

December 3rd, 2010
It is unusual to find ready-to-hand predictor variables which work. After all the revelations about corruption at FIFA, readers might have expected countries with too many scruples about governance and suchlike to fare poorly. The rankings of the four bidders in the recent Corruption Perceptions Index published by Transparency International in Berlin were as follows (a high rank means less corrupt).

Netherlands/Belgium  7 and 22

United Kingdom             20

Spain/Portugal           30 and 32

Russia                            154

Russia of course won, and the Ireland - Finland grudge game in Vladivostok should be a cracker!

ONeill

When asked who his favourite Qatar player was, Blatter answered 'Eric Clapton'.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

paco

Anyone see Roy Keane's interview? Thought it was great, he evidently didn't give a f**k but they kept on asking him about it and insinuating corruption and all the rest, "nobody died...get over it" :D

Denn Forever

What other country voted with England?

People who think it was a corrupt vote should remember that England only got 2 vote and one of them was their vote.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

How does remembering the fact that England got 1 other vote, help us with our thoughts  about a corrupt vote?

tommysmith

Quote from: Main Street on December 03, 2010, 06:17:11 PM
How does remembering the fact that England got 1 other vote, help us with our thoughts  about a corrupt vote?

It corrupt surely, one of the best bids getting one vote stinks.

Denn Forever

Only one other country voted for England. 

What it suggests to me is that no one likes England so it is a personal choice not a corrupt one. 

It is a silly system when Qatar gets the 2022 WC. 

How much money would it take for Ireland to be in the running for the 2030 WC?  If there is corruption, how would we take advantage?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

tommysmith

Main Street

You have to admit, love for Russians is bigger today than ever.
;D