Ardmhachaabu RIP

Started by Mack the finger, November 06, 2010, 04:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Hands FFS

RIP

Very very sad. Condolences to his wife, children, family & friends.

Bord na Mona man

Very sad loss.
He always struck me as a very genuine lad.
RIP

Mid Down Gael

Awful awful news. Cant belive this. RIP Ardmhachaabu. Deepest sympathy to his family.

Lecale2

Fear ón Srath Bán

Still in a state of numbed disbelief today; any word on the cause of death?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 08, 2010, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: Sandino on November 08, 2010, 05:36:07 PM
I was one of the first people to offer condolences on this thread. To be honest, when I did so, I was still hoping that the news was incorrect.  Time has proved otherwise. There is nothing I can add to what has been said so eloquently by many others.  I would like to offer my sincere condolence to Stephens family and friends.  Rest in Peace

Similar here. When I initially posted I was quite shocked so didn't say much so just wanted to add a couple of things. Stephen and his family have constantly been in my thoughts since I heard the news, it's very hard to believe that he was posting away on Thursday night and then a couple of days later there is this thread.  We exchanged a good few pms, disagreed quite a few times but (as I think someone else said) you could have a row with him on one thread and he'd be pming you or having a laugh with you on another.  Or offering you IT advice!!! He obviously cherished his wife and children...and Armagh!  I can't imagine what his family are going through but I'm sure he said before that he and his wife shared the same strong faith so I hope that is a comfort to her.  RIP Stephen.

Same as yourself Pints. Stephen has occupied my thoughts the whole weekend and today. Amazing when your consider I never met the man, but a measure of him as how he has made an impression on me.

I was really the Obituaries in the Irish News today and that really brought it home to me.

RIP Stephen.
Testing Accessibility

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Was at Stephen's funeral today, very emotional. The Parish priest spoke of Stephen and his wife's strong faith which was so true of his character.

I'm sure Stephen's family will be hearten by Orangeman's idea of sending them the posts as a 'book of condolences'
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dougal

i disagreed with his opinion on many things (esp. religion) but there are few posters on here i respected more.he respected everyones opinion,and never held anything against anyone.i dont believe in god,but i think saying a prayer for him and his family is the least i can do.hopefully his familys faith is as strong as his and they'll find a way through this hard time

R.I.P
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rossie mad

Just logged on this morning and i just cant describe how i feel.

Always loved his debates with his genuine beliefs and always stood by them.
Would not have agreed with him all the time but a genuine gael he will be missed by his community (virtual and real),freinds and most importantly his family whom by previous posts he cherished which as a fellow family man in my mind just speaks volumes for the man.

My feelings reading this is surreal just dont know what to say.

God be with you and your family always

Hope you get to see your beloved Armagh on the third sunday in Croke Park again.

RIP

Tony Baloney

Mods, can this be made a stickie in case people miss it?! Ta.

Evil Genius

Quote from: ziggysego on November 08, 2010, 09:38:15 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 08, 2010, 08:47:51 PM
Quote from: Sandino on November 08, 2010, 05:36:07 PM
I was one of the first people to offer condolences on this thread. To be honest, when I did so, I was still hoping that the news was incorrect.  Time has proved otherwise. There is nothing I can add to what has been said so eloquently by many others.  I would like to offer my sincere condolence to Stephens family and friends.  Rest in Peace

Similar here. When I initially posted I was quite shocked so didn't say much so just wanted to add a couple of things. Stephen and his family have constantly been in my thoughts since I heard the news, it's very hard to believe that he was posting away on Thursday night and then a couple of days later there is this thread.  We exchanged a good few pms, disagreed quite a few times but (as I think someone else said) you could have a row with him on one thread and he'd be pming you or having a laugh with you on another.  Or offering you IT advice!!! He obviously cherished his wife and children...and Armagh!  I can't imagine what his family are going through but I'm sure he said before that he and his wife shared the same strong faith so I hope that is a comfort to her.  RIP Stephen.

Same as yourself Pints. Stephen has occupied my thoughts the whole weekend and today. Amazing when your consider I never met the man, but a measure of him as how he has made an impression on me.

I was really the Obituaries in the Irish News today and that really brought it home to me.
RIP Stephen.
Very sad news.

I actually agreed with AA on the occasional issue, disagreed with him on a whole lot more(!), but always respected his sincerity and consistency and looked forward to opening his posts.

P.S. Could you (or someone else) post his Obituary from the Irish News up here (I am not a subscriber)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ziggysego

I'll stick it up later EG.
Testing Accessibility

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Weird thing happened there, I never read my PMs as I don't get many  :D but one of the Mayo lads just sent me one about another topic and I noticed my last two PMs where from Ardmhachaabu wondering why I had said something on a thread. His next one was to say "no bother". I had said something that he had misinterpreted and I had explained and he seemed happy enough to leave it at that. I thought that was quite sound to be honest.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.