Three Cheers for Pearse Doherty TD

Started by Zapatista, November 03, 2010, 11:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHmz0BlOyUc

I'm bumping this link again of Pearse Doherty. 

Get this lad into the Dail and he will ruffle a few feathers and give them lot a kick up the arse.

If you are from Donegal don't even think of voting in the by-election without watching this link first.  From what I have seen of him so far, he should be Sinn Fein's main spokesperson in the South.  Sleiveen O'Caolain and Mary 'Who?' McDonald are not up to scratch compared to the Bould Pearse.

give her dixie

That is some delivery from Pearse all right. As good as i've seen or heard in a long time.
People in Donegal could do worse things than vote for Pearse.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Evil Genius

Quote from: Feckitt on November 04, 2010, 01:55:29 PM

Get this lad into the Dail and he will ruffle a few feathers and give them lot a kick up the arse.
Hmmm, when I heard him on the news banging on about the people of Donegal "deserving Parliamentary political representation" etc, something kept nagging away at me.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/news/2010/09/09/we-ll-give-sinn-fein-own-oath-115875-22547870/

Which Party does he represent again?  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 04, 2010, 05:50:39 PM

Hmmm, when I heard him on the news banging on about the people of Donegal "deserving Parliamentary political representation" etc, something kept nagging away at me.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/news/2010/09/09/we-ll-give-sinn-fein-own-oath-115875-22547870/

EG - as you know full well the people who voted for SF in the 6 counties know that they are voting for a party that won't take their seats in the british dail.

Nally Stand

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 04, 2010, 06:53:24 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on November 04, 2010, 05:50:39 PM

EG - as you know full well the people who voted for SF in the 6 counties know that they are voting for a party that won't take their seats in the british dail.

Exactly. And yet election after election, the SDLP etc throw this as an attack on SF. It's about time people like yourself EG, realised that people vote for them on the mandate which includes a refusal to attend westminster. Get over it.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Evil Genius

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 04, 2010, 07:09:41 PMExactly. And yet election after election, the SDLP etc throw this as an attack on SF. It's about time people like yourself EG, realised that people vote for them on the mandate which includes a refusal to attend westminster.
Except that when elected, an MP is supposed to represent all of his/her constituents.

And in three of SF's 5 seats, they failed to gain a majority of votes cast. Therefore a majority of their constituents want (and deserve) an MP who will represent their interests in full.

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 04, 2010, 07:09:41 PMGet over it.
Don't worry, I'm long since "over" the phenomenon of SF displaying double standards...
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Nally Stand

Quote from: Evil Genius on November 04, 2010, 07:31:56 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on November 04, 2010, 07:09:41 PMExactly. And yet election after election, the SDLP etc throw this as an attack on SF. It's about time people like yourself EG, realised that people vote for them on the mandate which includes a refusal to attend westminster.
Except that when elected, an MP is supposed to represent all of his/her constituents.

And in three of SF's 5 seats, they failed to gain a majority of votes cast. Therefore a majority of their constituents want (and deserve) an MP who will represent their interests in full.

Quote from: Nally Stand on November 04, 2010, 07:09:41 PMGet over it.
Don't worry, I'm long since "over" the phenomenon of SF displaying double standards...

EG, every party plays by the same electoral system. SF stands on it's mandate and is voted in on that mandate, same as every other party. Honestly, get over it. You say you are over it but it really doesn't sound like it!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Pangurban

Despite MayoGodHelpUs protestations, i have no gra for FF, as for Zapatista it worries me than when a general election is eventually called, people as naive as him will be considered competent to vote. But i take some reassurance from the fact that whichever bunch of self serving incompetents are elected, the real decisions will be made elsewhere

Pangurban

You are naive enough to believe you live in a democracy

Pangurban

I did not intend to single you out, apologies if it appeared that way. I have already conceded that voting is pointless within the present system, where the prevailing orthodoxies are dictated by the liberal consumerist power centres in Washington, London and Bonn, and anyone who dares to question them will receive short shrift from our bought and paid for national media. The proferred choices in elections between tweedledum and tweedledee,are akin to the Bread and Circuses offered by the ancient Romans. 

muppet

Quote from: Pangurban on November 05, 2010, 12:10:41 AM
I did not intend to single you out, apologies if it appeared that way. I have already conceded that voting is pointless within the present system, where the prevailing orthodoxies are dictated by the liberal consumerist power centres in Washington, London and Bonn, and anyone who dares to question them will receive short shrift from our bought and paid for national media. The proferred choices in elections between tweedledum and tweedledee,are akin to the Bread and Circuses offered by the ancient Romans.

I think voting should be weighted more in favour of those who pay taxes.

e.g. those who pay no tax get 1 vote
those who pay <€10,000 get 2
and so on up to a max of 3 or 4 maybe.
MWWSI 2017

Banana Man

Quote from: Zapatista on November 18, 2010, 08:43:41 AM
Paddy Power/Red C Poll

Pearse Doherty     SF   40%
Brian O'Domhnaill  FF   19%
Barry O'Neill      FG   15%
Frank McBrearty    Lab  14%

i've never met a poor bookie, so that's good news, go on the boul Pearse  :)

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on November 05, 2010, 04:09:13 PM

I agree,  muppet. Also anyone who pays no tax and who meets a taxpayer on the road should be required to hand over his car to the taxpayer. And also there should be a tax on windows.   

Banana Man

Quote from: seafoid on November 18, 2010, 09:11:54 AM
Quote from: muppet on November 05, 2010, 04:09:13 PM

I agree,  muppet. Also anyone who pays no tax and who meets a taxpayer on the road should be required to hand over his car to the taxpayer. And also there should be a tax on windows.

believe it or not there used to be a tax ion windows, there is a large planters house near to me that has 2 side windows bricked up to avoid the windows threshold and pay tax!

But i get your point lad

armaghniac

QuoteI think voting should be weighted more in favour of those who pay taxes.

So the Donegal by-election would be run as normal then.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B