Slane 2011

Started by beer baron, October 29, 2010, 02:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WaterBoy

Won't be long in running in now!  Not that impressed with support lineup, White Lies would be the only ones Id have much interest in.  What are most people doing, camping Fri & Sat or just day tripping?

Any chance they will show the CL final?
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: WaterBoy on May 12, 2011, 10:37:53 PM
Won't be long in running in now!  Not that impressed with support lineup, White Lies would be the only ones Id have much interest in.  What are most people doing, camping Fri & Sat or just day tripping?

Staying in Ashbourne Sat night. Are many ones doing that I wonder? What would the night life be like in Ashbourne?

take_yer_points

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 13, 2011, 10:52:14 AM
Quote from: WaterBoy on May 12, 2011, 10:37:53 PM

Staying in Ashbourne Sat night. Are many ones doing that I wonder? What would the night life be like in Ashbourne?

I'm staying in Ashbourne as well Radda - booked into the Marriott. Not sure about getting to/from Slane yet but the hotel said if there's a crowd from the hotel going they'll put on a bus - I might give them a ring over the weekend and see what the story is

Radda bout yeee

Think i'm boooked into the marriott too not sure cause the missus dealt with all that! By her talk she said the hotel where defo putting on a bus - it would be the least the feckers could do!!!  :-\

Goldengreen

hey all,
    Got two tickets for KOL in Slane, cant make it now. Face value, thought i would give gaaboard members first shout on them. If any one interested drop me a pm.

snoopdog

imagine if they did show the CL final at slane?
What if it went to ET and Penos, would they just turn it off or would the band have to wait.
It wont happen. The Ireland Holland game that was shown was a 3pm kick off and ET would not be played plus it wasnt gonna effect U2.

ross4life

I was at Download in Donnington last summer when England were playing USA in the World cup they didn't show it live but the FT/latest score did show up on the event screen.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Radda bout yeee

Right its the big build up! What I need to know:

What time she kicking off
What time will KOL be on
What would be a good time to be there at?
Whats the weather forecast giving?

J OGorman

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 23, 2011, 12:36:06 PM

What time will KOL be on

weather - cloudy and windy in the afternoon, showers and windy in the evening

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: J OGorman on May 23, 2011, 02:02:41 PM

What time will KOL be on

Wellies advisable?  :(  :( :(

J OGorman

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 23, 2011, 02:09:02 PM
Quote from: J OGorman on May 23, 2011, 02:02:41 PM

What time will KOL be on

Wellies advisable?  :(  :( :(

would do no harm, check accuweather.com (click UK and Ireland), search for Slane and check throughout the week..you canny count on the feckin weather and festivals on this island!

Radda bout yeee

Right whose all going and whats the POA??

Bingo

All set, leaving Blayney at 12, few cans/bottles/whatever on way into village and then head into village for another few pints/bottles/half ones and then down into the venue at some stage. If it works out anything like the Rolling stones, I'll just get in on time to see the main act. Wouldn't mind seeing Elbow though this time.

Should be a good day as always and will be well kitted out so that the weather/mud won't be a factor - ie boots, no jeans, light waterproof jacket and no worries about getting anything lost/dirty/ruined in mud.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Bingo on May 26, 2011, 10:08:09 AM
All set, leaving Blayney at 12, few cans/bottles/whatever on way into village and then head into village for another few pints/bottles/half ones and then down into the venue at some stage. If it works out anything like the Rolling stones, I'll just get in on time to see the main act. Wouldn't mind seeing Elbow though this time.

Should be a good day as always and will be well kitted out so that the weather/mud won't be a factor - ie boots, no jeans, light waterproof jacket and no worries about getting anything lost/dirty/ruined in mud.

We're talking about doing the same if it's raining.

Getting down for 12 as well and getting settled in for a few pints in the hotel and will decide at some stage to head up to Slane - probably for 4 or so. Then another few pints round there before heading in