Slane 2011

Started by beer baron, October 29, 2010, 02:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armagho9

Quote from: INDIANA on November 06, 2010, 12:59:35 PM
KOL are the most over-rated band ever. First 2 albums were very good. the last 3 have been crap quite frankly. Dowloaded the 5th last weekend and its pure mule.

When you look at the acts that have graced Slane over the years and its sunk to this level you realise good acts just arent coming to these shores as often as they used to. Sold 80,000 tickets simply because people want a day long piss up. Nothing to do with KOL.

And for an anniversary gig its pretty poor in terms of a line-up. Muse are miles better then KOL. In every way. About the only thing about the gig that will save it.

I think ther Foo Fighters are crap as well.

all about opinion, i personally i would rather have KOL or Foo fighters before Muse.  Why wouldnt they put an even smaller line up on, by your reckoning it wouldnt matter as it would sell out anyway purely for a p**s up?  If it has sold out as quick as suggested then it is probably the quickest ever, the year U2 chilli peppers and coldplay played it sold out in about an hour.  So during these difficult financial times i would say there is more to it than 80000 people going for a p**s up.

lurganblue

True it's all about opinion. I'd prefer to see KOL and the foo fighters before muse but I'm looking forward to seeing what this hype about their live performances is all about.

armagho9

Quote from: lurganblue on November 06, 2010, 01:36:59 PM
True it's all about opinion. I'd prefer to see KOL and the foo fighters before muse but I'm looking forward to seeing what this hype about their live performances is all about.

i seen them at oxegen, they were pretty good but i have seen KOL 3 times now and i enjoyed all three more than Muse.  Still have not seen foo fighters though

under the bar

QuoteSo during these difficult financial times i would say there is more to it than 80000 people going for a p**s up.

They're now reporting that it's sold out.   If they've even sold 50k they'll have been doing well.

armagho9

Quote from: under the bar on November 06, 2010, 03:30:33 PM
QuoteSo during these difficult financial times i would say there is more to it than 80000 people going for a p**s up.

They're now reporting that it's sold out.   If they've even sold 50k they'll have been doing well.

i hope you're right because i have not got mine yet.  Someone said earlier in thread that it had sold out in eleven minutes (not sure where that came from or whether you have better info on the matter).  Well i know of a good few people who got tickets and it is purely to go and see the KOL, so regardless of it being sold out or not it is pure bulls***e to say its just 80000 going for a **** up and has nothing to do with the KOL.  The p**s up is just a bonus ;D

armagho9

clearly a huge demand to see KOL, already bids around £120-130 quid per ticket on ebay (no support acts even mentioned yet).  Reports i have read has said it sold out in under 40 minutes, because it sold out so quick KOL have added in a date in european tour for Dublin on Dec 11th this year

Maguire01

Quote from: armagho9 on November 06, 2010, 03:57:13 PM
clearly a huge demand to see KOL, already bids around £120-130 quid per ticket on ebay (no support acts even mentioned yet).  Reports i have read has said it sold out in under 40 minutes, because it sold out so quick KOL have added in a date in european tour for Dublin on Dec 11th this year
Although the truth would probably be that the December gig was booked anyway.

armagho9

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 06, 2010, 06:25:06 PM
Quote from: armagho9 on November 06, 2010, 03:57:13 PM
Although the truth would probably be that the December gig was booked anyway.

possibly, hardly matters though.  Still two gigs in the space of 6 months that will sell in the region of 90000 tickets

mc_grens

The 11 minutes thing is rubbish, tickets were still available online up to 45 minutes after they were released.

There are always tickets around for Slane. Always. Once the initial panic and hype is over plenty of spares will come out of the woodwork. And the 11th December show was surely booked in advance. A Rock band's tour is a massive enterprise. You dont just book a place like the O2 with only a month's notice.

Almost everyone I know is going mind you, with at least 60% of them saying, "I dont even like the band anymore, but it should be great craic".

Jimmy

What are the chances of more tickets becoming available? I didn't think there would be the demand that there was. Will resort to eBay if I have to but would rather not pay too much over the odds. I've seen it before where more tickets become available all of a sudden but really they just held a number back for some reason. 

mc_grens

Quote from: Jimmy on November 07, 2010, 09:25:05 PM
What are the chances of more tickets becoming available? I didn't think there would be the demand that there was. Will resort to eBay if I have to but would rather not pay too much over the odds. I've seen it before where more tickets become available all of a sudden but really they just held a number back for some reason.

They almost always release more closer to the time to f**k up touts.

maggie

When do the tickets for the 11th Dec gig go on sale or have they already been sold? A bit gutted I didn't get one for Slane. Saw them at the 02 in London 2yrs ago and thought they were quality.

ross4life

Quote from: maggie on November 07, 2010, 09:53:21 PM
When do the tickets for the 11th Dec gig go on sale or have they already been sold? A bit gutted I didn't get one for Slane. Saw them at the 02 in London 2yrs ago and thought they were quality.

Pre-Sale tomorrow & General sale on Tuesday.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

maggie

I hate the smug-ness of pre sale people.

Any of such people have a code they would be willing to share??

David McKeown

Was at the KOL gig tonight and whilst I thought it was good I didnt think it was great and were kinda just going through the motions.  They played for about 1 hour 35 minutes all in and had a good mix of their older and newer stuff (although no revelry).  Very very little talking from anyone on stage about three lines total all night as a result there were quite long gaps of silence between songs which seemed to make the crowd a little bored.  Id be worried about their suitability for Slane now that I have seen them live 
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner