Marsden's back!

Started by ExiledGael, February 20, 2007, 09:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExiledGael

Diarmuid Marsden was apparently training with Armagh last night, and has confirmed to big Joe that he wants another crack at an All-Ireland.
That's some boost for the Orchard, especially with Clarke out for a few months. Marsden's a class act

charlie linkbox

How's his club form these days?

ExiledGael

He ended last season with Clan na Gael reaching the Armagh SFC final,  they lost to Cross ofcourse but he was still playing great stuff by all accounts, don't know much about him this season so far

armaghniac

Are you sure this is not a flying pig to celebrate the Chinese New Year!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

never kickt a ball

Hear Canavan's wants back to Tyrone too. Only problem is he's doing a post grad at the Poly and they won't allow him to play for Tyrone. :'(

rolloutking

Wise up you fool. Armagh wernt even training last night.

Rufus T Firefly

An Armagh great - of that there is no doubt, and he still would be a big addition.

That said, if he did come back, it would only increase my frustration at his absence in 2005 and 2006 where his presence would have been a huge plus!

ExiledGael

Sorry tonight I meant, you'll see you fool, it's happening!
Kernan and players told at training tonight

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on February 20, 2007, 10:24:46 PM
An Armagh great - of that there is no doubt, and he still would be a big addition.
That said, if he did come back, it would only increase my frustration at his absence in 2005 and 2006 where his presence would have been a huge plus!
Agree with you there Rufus. He was a big loss to Armagh.

Orior

According to the back of the Louth v Armagh programme, Diarmuid is providing consultancy services (on fitness etc) for GAA players in the Armagh City hotel. Maybe that is what you mean?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Take Your Points on February 20, 2007, 10:38:14 PM
QuoteHe was a big loss to Armagh.
Never more so than in September 2003!
Funny I was thinking that too TYP. He had a strange game that day in that he disappeared for a while to get an injury sorted and then returned with a small white patch on his head, only to get sent off.

uselessfootballer

He won a Junior All-Ireland Firms with the Ulster Council Coaches side at the w/e against the Limerick Garda, with Tyrone's Paul Rouse

stephenite

Quote from: rolloutking on February 20, 2007, 10:41:05 PM
.......looks like ur wrong

Apparently not  -Irish Examiner confirms that Exiled Gael is on the money.

Armagh delight as star Marsden returns

By Colm O'Connor and Brendan O'Brien
DIARMUID MARSDEN is set for a sensational return to inter-county football.

Marsden, who celebrates his 32nd birthday next week, quit the top flight game two years ago, claiming he could no longer give the required commitment to the Orchard County.

Marsden made his senior inter-county debut in 1993, playing a crucial role in the county's resurgence through the 90s and their historic All-Ireland title victory in 2002. Marsden is currently employed as Ulster GAA Regional Development Officer.

Armagh manager Joe Kernan last night confirmed the return of the Clan na Gael man.

"I've talking to him on and off over the last couple of weeks. Naturally we were disappointed he went when he did but we fully understood his decision. But we all felt he had some unfinished business. And it is great that he will be back in full training next week."

charlie linkbox

Only 32?
I thought he'd be older than that and was a bit sceptical about what he had to offer now.
I may have to revise that opinion.

stephenite

Likewise Charlie, saw him play in the Kilmacud 7's in 2005 and he wasn't up to much