Marsden's back!

Started by ExiledGael, February 20, 2007, 09:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Looks like Diarmuid has the Tyrone ones rattled before he's even kicked a ball.  ;D

magpie seanie

Its always great to see a top player return and the Armagh ones are right to be happy about this. I hear Marsden is a top bloke on top of being a top player so all the best to him.

Hardy

I hear he once told Tony Fearon to f*** off, so you're right Seanie, I'd say.

full back

Quote from: realredhandfan on February 21, 2007, 02:29:11 PM
My fear is that Marsden played his ball in an era pre 2003 when football was a bit slower and everyone could have a go.  Will he be able to adapt to the pace of the moden game...
RRHF you are a f**king work of art :D
Did football even exist pre 2003

sureyouwill

Bensars found out on what exactly?

Bensars

Quote from: sureyouwill on February 21, 2007, 03:18:41 PM
Bensars found out on what exactly?

On the fact despite all the puffing and blowing, slapping and pulling, there just isnt enough in the tank !!!

Creativity wouldnt be the strongest, and the same old boring grind them down robotic style will prevail.

Exterminate, Exterminate ;D

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Would this sort of scenario of Marsden, who is by no doubts a classy footballer, ery similiar to Brian Corcoran returning to top flight action or would i be way of the mark.

People have said he mightn't be able to adapt to the pace and intensty of the game at this level only two years after leaving it. Brian left and came back to a different set up and position and look what happened

IMO cant wait to see him back in action, always enjoyed watching him play.
Its all about the Hurling.

Six Inch Nail

The Tyrone heads are obviously trying to throw a spanner in the works of what is one of the most welcome Armagh threads of recent times.

Do I not recall a certain Peter The Average retiring in 2005 only to return and win an All-Ireland that year.

And as for you, Bedsores, you are full of shit, its great to know that we are neighbours of the purists of football, I'm truly honoured!
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Armamike

At last, a bit of good news this year. It's a no lose situation for all concerned imo. For people who actually follow Armagh football on a regular basis (i.e. excluding the thryronies on this thread), Marsden is well able to still hack it at county level. He was easily the best club footballer in Armagh last year and shone in the county final vs Crossmaglen, so he's back on merit - not sentiment.  He's kept himself in very good shape since leaving the county and he isn't that much older than the likes of spring chickens Dooher and Cavlan who seem to be still getting rave reviews from our neighbours. I think it's a boost, no more no less, given all the recent injury woes in the panel, and Marsden's presence and knowledge will greatly help the development of our younger forward talent coming through, the likes of Toal and O'Rourke (guys who already have AI underage medals but need to make the step up still).  They'll learn a hell of a lot from him in training and on matchdays.  I'm looking forward to the reception he'll get on his reappearance.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Mack the finger

Brilliant news :)

Intelligent footballer, his running creates space for others to exploit, never gives up. Sure it will give the whole panel a lift.

Probably just in as cover until Clarke and Mallon recover. Maybe it's a Larsson type situation where he'll return to the Clans for the start of their season. Is he still going to do both and when's Clans first championship game?

Welcome back Diarmuid.

Sandy Hill

A gentleman and a class act! Great to see him back and f><k the begrudgers!
"Stercus accidit"

tyroneboi

Quote from: Six Inch Nail on February 21, 2007, 04:33:28 PM
The Tyrone heads are obviously trying to throw a spanner in the works of what is one of the most welcome Armagh threads of recent times.

Do I not recall a certain Peter The Average retiring in 2005 only to return and win an All-Ireland that year.

And as for you, Bedsores, you are full of shit, its great to know that we are neighbours of the purists of football, I'm truly honoured!

A certain Peter The Average didnt actually retire and then come back in 2005. To be honest Marsden's return does not worry many tyrone fans - doesnt score many and dont really see what he can offer to a team. never really rated him as much of a player when he was last around. Will probably cover for Clarke until or if he comes back this season.

Orior

I'm looking forward to seeing Diarmuid and Stevie as our 2-man full forward line.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gold

This coming out of retirement bug is not unique to Armagh

The word is that big PJ O'Hare has re-joined the Antrim panel after a brief 20 year absence!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."