GAA Betting - All Info Appreciated.

Started by youbetterbelieveit, October 01, 2010, 06:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheedy

Quote from: hardstation on June 01, 2013, 09:45:59 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 01, 2013, 09:41:11 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on June 01, 2013, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 01, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
done; down hurlers, Kerry-13, Dublin-7. waiting on down minors and seniors to win for a 5 team accum. heres hoping for a good weekend for the down men. :)

No chance dirty pants.

whats the acc add up to?
i'll be cheerin on the minors even more loudly tomorrow
"Young boys running around in shorts. I bet you like that, don't you?"
yeahhhh. ;)
nil satis nisi optimum

Milltown Row2

Went for Derry minors and a draw in the big game, £5 double pays £82
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sheedy

Quote from: theticklemister on June 01, 2013, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: SHEEDY on June 01, 2013, 08:57:06 PM
done; down hurlers, Kerry-13, Dublin-7. waiting on down minors and seniors to win for a 5 team accum. heres hoping for a good weekend for the down men. :)

No chance dirty pants.

whats the acc add up to?
;D ;D ;D ;D
nil satis nisi optimum

theticklemister

larryin89

I am a gambling man unfortunately and i like to think i'm fairly informed on sports betting but i cant fathom out a few things of late. One of them being why do pp delay the options of the handicap market on GAA matches?

Obviously there is a reason of some sort and one that probably makes perfect sense.

I did email pp during the league campaign and ask them why they had omitted mayo from there League winners market prior to the Donegal game in Castlebar, i never got a reply till after the game. They said it was down to ''marketing reasons''. I still can't fathom what that means tbh.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Lone Shark

Quote from: larryin89 on June 04, 2013, 04:40:22 PM
I am a gambling man unfortunately and i like to think i'm fairly informed on sports betting but i cant fathom out a few things of late. One of them being why do pp delay the options of the handicap market on GAA matches?

To flip that around for a minute - why do you want to bet early? My guess is that the answer to my question will also be the answer to yours.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Lone Shark on June 05, 2013, 04:32:23 PM

To flip that around for a minute - why do you want to bet early? My guess is that the answer to my question will also be the answer to yours.

Good column in the Leinster Leader this week LS. Keep up the good work.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dont Matter

All info appreciated in this thread? I've got some info, you're all idiots. Bookies open up an account for donations and all ye suckers pay into it while thinking you can actually beat them.
I used to gamble, not too come over all born again or nothing but I've seen the light. I found new meaning. A strange man appeared to me, he had a long grey beard and looked a bit scruffy in the head but he was wearing an expensive suit. He was in his bare feet though.
Anyway he asked me 'young man, have you seen Paddy Power?' he spoke in a Donegal accent. I said yes. He then said 'he is quite the plump man, you don't get to be his size by eating turnips'. I was a little bemused and looked towards the ground in bewilderment, when I looked up he was gone.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

BluestackBoy

Paddy McBrearty at 66/1 for Player of the Year is good value IMHO

He scored 0-8 points last weekend in a club championship match & is flying at the moment ;D ;D ;D
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

theticklemister

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 05, 2013, 04:56:47 PM
All info appreciated in this thread? I've got some info, you're all idiots. Bookies open up an account for donations and all ye suckers pay into it while thinking you can actually beat them.
I used to gamble, not too come over all born again or nothing but I've seen the light. I found new meaning. A strange man appeared to me, he had a long grey beard and looked a bit scruffy in the head but he was wearing an expensive suit. He was in his bare feet though.
Anyway he asked me 'young man, have you seen Paddy Power?' he spoke in a Donegal accent. I said yes. He then said 'he is quite the plump man, you don't get to be his size by eating turnips'. I was a little bemused and looked towards the ground in bewilderment, when I looked up he was gone.

Was it Jim McGuinness?

Lone Shark

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 05, 2013, 04:45:32 PM
Quote from: Lone Shark on June 05, 2013, 04:32:23 PM

Good column in the Leinster Leader this week LS. Keep up the good work.

Cheers lad. Tis a good one to get into, hopefully I'll get a few winners soon. And that ye'll actually start playing games that i can talk about - I hate writing for these counties that put everything on hold for one team!

Asal Mor

Quote from: Dont Matter on June 05, 2013, 04:56:47 PM

Not everyone gambles to excess though Dont Matter. A lot of us just have an odd little bet here and there to make a game more interesting. I'm sure over the course of my gambling life, the bookies are a little ahead, but not by a whole lot. And I've got great entertainment and value from my light gambling over the years.

Gambling addiction is a different matter, and a first-class ticket to the poor house and misery.

caraghtyrone

First time on here last Sunday but took the advice of Ardtole (Thanks for the opinion) and done well so hoping to return the favour with an almost 4/1 Five timer on 5 of the major Gaa fixtures at the weekend....here goes!

Dublin Hurlers Straight V Wexford
Kilkenny -5 V Offaly
Monaghan -3 V Antrim
Louth Straight V Wexford
Tipperary Straight V Limerick

€1 Euro returns €4.98

ardtole

glad i could help caraghtyrone, sometimes a bet just sticks out at you. I might give this week a miss, ive only had a quick look but nothing really sticks out.

ardchieftain

Down are a nice price in the Christy Ring final.
Louth. Monaghan -4, Dublin, Tipp.