Down cheats must offer Kildare a replay

Started by T Fearon, August 29, 2010, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougal Maguire

Philip Jordan getting Diarmuid Marsden sent off in 2003. You know when you look back on it that Tyrone lot had a lot to answer for
Careful now

Bogball XV

Quote from: jodyb on August 30, 2010, 09:27:41 PM
Gotta disagree with you on that BB. Square ball indiscretions and taking too many steps will always be part of the game and even the best of officials will miss them on occasion. Players will always push that boundary to some extent and will often get away with it, sure we won an Ulster championship on the back of a square ball decision that went against Donegal in '98. None of us went on about offering them a replay. What Sheridan did was so deliberate and completely dishonest (and he knew it) that I don't recall as low an action that I could compare it with.
Aye, but we were just taking the title stolen from us the year before by a cavan umpire in disguise.

I was against the leinster final being replayed simply because in my opinion there's so many contentious decisions in every game, you could call for every game to be replayed if you started that nonsense.  I don't see any difference in what benny did and what joe did, they both committed technical fouls, none as bad as wee peter, which was obviously purely malicious ;)
On the other hand, it's high time they sorted out the scoring problem, apparently there's an electronic solution being worked on and the sooner that comes in the better (or even the big ball catcher nets).  For bad refereeing decisions like the square ball, you can only take the skinner course of action!

maddog

Quote from: ziggysego on August 30, 2010, 12:03:30 AM
Welcome back Tony.

Here's talking about cheats. What about the time Armagh cheated their way to an Ulster title in 2005, with the help of Michael Collins?

How was that Ziggy ?

jodyb

Quote from: Bogball XV on August 30, 2010, 11:14:00 PM
Quote from: jodyb on August 30, 2010, 09:27:41 PM
Gotta disagree with you on that BB. Square ball indiscretions and taking too many steps will always be part of the game and even the best of officials will miss them on occasion. Players will always push that boundary to some extent and will often get away with it, sure we won an Ulster championship on the back of a square ball decision that went against Donegal in '98. None of us went on about offering them a replay. What Sheridan did was so deliberate and completely dishonest (and he knew it) that I don't recall as low an action that I could compare it with.
Aye, but we were just taking the title stolen from us the year before by a cavan umpire in disguise.

I was against the leinster final being replayed simply because in my opinion there's so many contentious decisions in every game, you could call for every game to be replayed if you started that nonsense.  I don't see any difference in what benny did and what joe did, they both committed technical fouls, none as bad as wee peter, which was obviously purely malicious ;)

On the other hand, it's high time they sorted out the scoring problem, apparently there's an electronic solution being worked on and the sooner that comes in the better (or even the big ball catcher nets).  For bad refereeing decisions like the square ball, you can only take the skinner course of action!

Touche  :D :D

ziggysego

Quote from: maddog on August 31, 2010, 09:46:45 AM
Welcome back Tony.

Here's talking about cheats. What about the time Armagh cheated their way to an Ulster title in 2005, with the help of Michael Collins?

How was that Ziggy ?

Giving SoN and PtG a red card, which was later overturned.
Testing Accessibility

naka

met 5 sams  and mulholland ( after a brave few pints of the blackstuff) on sunday and he even agreed that the down boys got a few lucky breaks, but hey he wasnt for offering a replay
he must have friends in low places because he was slumming it in the premium

maddog

Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2010, 04:25:35 PM
Welcome back Tony.

How was that Ziggy ?

O'Neill if i remember right got two yellows for 2 late hits. Canavan got his red for striking and for shoving the ref twice. Hardly cheating on our behalf.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: maddog on August 31, 2010, 04:59:26 PM
Welcome back Tony.

How was that Ziggy ?

O'Neill if i remember right got two yellows for 2 late hits. Canavan got his red for striking and for shoving the ref twice. Hardly cheating on our behalf.

Think O'Neill got a straight red.

John Toal never played football for Armagh again. (not due to any intention of O'Neill's of course but still it wasn't the Tyrone man who emerged most from the episode with the greatest sense of grievance)
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Rois

Welcome back Tony.

How was that Ziggy ?

O'Neill was wrongly sent off after Collins thought he'd already yellow-carded him but he hadn't. 

Both Stephen and Peter got their cards rescinded.

Not cheating on your behalf whatsoever.

ziggysego

Jesus people, relax! It was just a tongue-in-cheek reply to Tony's wummery.  ::)
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rois on August 31, 2010, 05:13:38 PM
Welcome back Tony.

How was that Ziggy ?

O'Neill was wrongly sent off after Collins thought he'd already yellow-carded him but he hadn't. 

Both Stephen and Peter got their cards rescinded.

Not cheating on your behalf whatsoever.
Oneill should have got the yellow for the first challenge but the ref neglected to show it.
Wee Peter should have had a long ban after shoving the linesman not once, but twice.
and lets not forget Ricey going down on McEntee's neck with his knees and getting off with a yellow. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

5 Sams

Quote from: naka on August 31, 2010, 04:37:52 PM
met 5 sams  and mulholland ( after a brave few pints of the blackstuff) on sunday and he even agreed that the down boys got a few lucky breaks, but hey he wasnt for offering a replay
he must have friends in low places because he was slumming it in the premium

I'd be delighted with a ticket for the Hill on the 19th Naka believe me!!
The Aristocrat Years

nrico2006

Off topic here, but in the 2005 UF Replay Canavan was barely on the pitch when he was dragged around by the jersey by McKeever, yet he got a straight red while the actual culprit (McKeever) only received a second yellow.  It was another balls up of a decision in the life of Michael Collins.  SON was incorrectly dismissed also and the game then turned in Armaghs favour, as up until the sendings off Tyrone were the better team.  They proved who was Number 1 later that summer against Armagh anyway.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2010, 06:01:48 PM
Jesus people, relax! It was just a tongue-in-cheek reply to Tony's wummery.  ::)

Still turns into a Tyrone/Armagh thread! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

mackers

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 02, 2010, 08:43:56 AM
Off topic here, but in the 2005 UF Replay Canavan was barely on the pitch when he was dragged around by the jersey by McKeever, yet he got a straight red while the actual culprit (McKeever) only received a second yellow.  It was another balls up of a decision in the life of Michael Collins.  SON was incorrectly dismissed also and the game then turned in Armaghs favour, as up until the sendings off Tyrone were the better team.  They proved who was Number 1 later that summer against Armagh anyway.
Rewriting history, Tyrone style...................
Canavan started a melee by dragging Geezer to the ground and started a wrestling match which several players got involved in, McKeever dragged Canavan off a team mate. Canavan then pushed the linesman two or three times to get at McKeever. McKeever warranted a second yellow and as POG says Canavan was lucky not to get a long ban for what he did, let alone a red card.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.