Down cheats must offer Kildare a replay

Started by T Fearon, August 29, 2010, 09:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cornafean

As a neutral, I thought the fact that both O'Neill's and Canavan's red cards were later rescinded was the best evidence available that both men were sent off in error.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

ziggysego

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2010, 02:02:48 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2010, 06:01:48 PM
Jesus people, relax! It was just a tongue-in-cheek reply to Tony's wummery.  ::)

Still turns into a Tyrone/Armagh thread! :D

You have to give the people what they want  :P
Testing Accessibility

nrico2006

Quote from: mackers on September 02, 2010, 02:05:45 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on September 02, 2010, 08:43:56 AM
Off topic here, but in the 2005 UF Replay Canavan was barely on the pitch when he was dragged around by the jersey by McKeever, yet he got a straight red while the actual culprit (McKeever) only received a second yellow.  It was another balls up of a decision in the life of Michael Collins.  SON was incorrectly dismissed also and the game then turned in Armaghs favour, as up until the sendings off Tyrone were the better team.  They proved who was Number 1 later that summer against Armagh anyway.
Rewriting history, Tyrone style...................
Canavan started a melee by dragging Geezer to the ground and started a wrestling match which several players got involved in, McKeever dragged Canavan off a team mate. Canavan then pushed the linesman two or three times to get at McKeever. McKeever warranted a second yellow and as POG says Canavan was lucky not to get a long ban for what he did, let alone a red card.

Talk about re-writing history.  I very much doubt that Canavan intentially went out to try and wrestle with the weightlifter, he always went out to play the game.  Armagh players targeted Canavan straight away and used the bullyboy tactics they were famed for as they knew they had nobody on the field who would have been a match for him in line with the rules.  As cornafean stated, the fact that Canavan's card was rescinded backs me up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

supersarsfields

Off topic here, but in the 2005 UF Replay Canavan was barely on the pitch when he was dragged around by the jersey by McKeever, yet he got a straight red while the actual culprit (McKeever) only received a second yellow.  It was another balls up of a decision in the life of Michael Collins.  SON was incorrectly dismissed also and the game then turned in Armaghs favour, as up until the sendings off Tyrone were the better team.  They proved who was Number 1 later that summer against Armagh anyway.
Canavan started a melee by dragging Geezer to the ground and started a wrestling match which several players got involved in, McKeever dragged Canavan off a team mate. Canavan then pushed the linesman two or three times to get at McKeever. McKeever warranted a second yellow and as POG says Canavan was lucky not to get a long ban for what he did, let alone a red card.

Re writing Armagh style.

Canavan came on. Tackled Geezer who dragged his arm (take a look at the you tube you can see Canavan trying to pull his arm away while holding his other arm in the air).  Then  Canavan is dragged down and a load of other players got involved. McKeever then drags the top of Canavan. Granted Canavan pushs the linesman once in trying to get back at McKeever.

But it's been done to death now and we'll never agree and it shouldn't be brought up ( I'm looking at you Ziggy)

mackers

Quote from: nrico2006 on September 02, 2010, 03:46:25 PM

Talk about re-writing history. I very much doubt that Canavan intentially went out to try and wrestle with the weightlifter, he always went out to play the game.  Armagh players targeted Canavan straight away and used the bullyboy tactics they were famed for as they knew they had nobody on the field who would have been a match for him in line with the rules.  As cornafean stated, the fact that Canavan's card was rescinded backs me up.
:D :D :D :D :D
As supersarfields says it's been done to death and I'm posting no more but your original post gave the impression that Canavan simply got sent off for getting his jersey pulled by McKeever which wasn't the case.
Dunno whether the rescinding of the card is a great defence either as the CCCC/DRA or whatever they were called in 05 are hardly infallible in their judgement.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

pintsofguinness

If it was anyone else he would have got a long ban, what he did was similar to what Galvin did.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 02, 2010, 02:02:48 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on August 31, 2010, 06:01:48 PM
Jesus people, relax! It was just a tongue-in-cheek reply to Tony's wummery.  ::)

Still turns into a Tyrone/Armagh thread! :D

Pathetic isn't it ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

supersarsfields

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 02, 2010, 05:54:13 PM
If it was anyone else he would have got a long ban, what he did was similar to what Galvin did.

like I said we'll agree to disagree. Do you really think he was saved a ban because of who he was? Talk about paranoid!! I saw it as a nothing incident to be honest.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 02, 2010, 06:11:06 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 02, 2010, 05:54:13 PM

like I said we'll agree to disagree. Do you really think he was saved a ban because of who he was? Talk about paranoid!! I saw it as a nothing incident to be honest.
Yes I do, it was as much of a incident as Galvin's was. No player should be allowed to shove any of the officials.

supersarsfields

So did he get of because he's peter Canavan then? Or more likely because the majority could call it as it was a, nothing incident. Like I said there isn't much point debating it on here. Open another thread if you feel the need! 

pintsofguinness

Quote from: supersarsfields on September 02, 2010, 06:17:30 PM
So did he get of because he's peter Canavan then? Or more likely because the majority could call it as it was a, nothing incident. Like I said there isn't much point debating it on here. Open another thread if you feel the need!
He got off because he's Peter Canavan.

supersarsfields

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 02, 2010, 06:21:01 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on September 02, 2010, 06:17:30 PM
He got off because he's Peter Canavan.

Grand so!!  :D

blanketattack

In 1998 Kildare beat Kerry by a point after Denis Dwyer had a goal disallowed incorrectly for square ball.
What goes around comes around.

ONeill

Exclusive footage just released of the Fearon hotel incident in 2002:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7056405/
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Maguire01

Quote from: ONeill on September 02, 2010, 09:51:49 PM
Exclusive footage just released of the Fearon hotel incident in 2002:

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7056405/
Someone has far too much time on their hands. But that is deadly!