AISF 2010: An Dún vs Cill Dara

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 01, 2010, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

western exile

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 12, 2010, 04:10:43 PM
I see Pat McEaney is refereeing the semi.
:o An Ulster referee when an Ulster team are playing?   Jack O'Connor will not be able to sleep a wink until it is all over  ;D

waitingforsam

I gather Enda McNulty is helping his buddys McGeeney & O Rourke with his mental training, very much behind the scenes

Whts the official news on Ambrose?
Been waiting since '94

The Voice Of Reason

What kind of crowd do you guys expect? Should I take the best tickets on offer on Ticketmaster (sec 701 at the minute), or wait to see if there's better ones on returns?

It'll hardly sell-out will it?

5 Sams

Wont be a sellout by a long way but if you're a club member you'll get much better seats through your club and you wont get ripped off by them Ticketmaster vultures. If you're from Down and not a club member hold fire and get your tickets in the county office in Castlewellan next week. If you're from Kildare sorry I can't help you.
The Aristocrat Years

seafoid

How do you think it will go, 5 Sams ? Will you perhaps have to change that
name of yours ? There is something very impressive about when Down generate a bit of momentum . The glorious names from the past and the fact they never lost to Kerry and never lost an all-Ireland final. What Mayo would do for that sort of history. Get out of Connacht and the qualifiers less but do it is style when they do.   

5 Sams

Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2010, 09:41:27 PM
How do you think it will go, 5 Sams ? Will you perhaps have to change that
name of yours ?

Le cuidiu Dé Seafoid.....Ambrose óg is a big loss if the word on the street is right about his knee...but...this is a really good opportunity for our boys to reach an AIF despite that....I dunno how he has done it... but wee James has transformed this team...they showed balls in Ballybofey...played the best football I have ever seen a Down team playing in the 1st 15 mins against Tyrone and then lost the plot..stumbled through against Longford and Offaly and then pulled some serious 60s and 90s style performances out of the hat against Sligo and Kerry.....Kerry was surreal...I still dont think I'm over it. If Down can reproduce what they did in Croke Park against Kerry and what happened in extra time against Donegal as well as that spectacular 15 mins of football against Tyrone in Casement then we have a chance.

We dont ask for much do we?? Then again we are cocky fcukers from Down ;)
The Aristocrat Years

passedit

Quote from: western exile on August 12, 2010, 04:16:41 PM
:o An Ulster referee when an Ulster team are playing?   Jack O'Connor will not be able to sleep a wink until it is all over  ;D

Pat wouldn,t be known for doing down any favours. His 'style' will.Suit Kildare more than Down..
Don't Panic

The Voice Of Reason

Thanks 5 Sams! ... I'm a "neutral" living very near Croke Park ... usually just get the tickets off ticketmaster, as Donegal are rarely involved in matches there  :(

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: passedit on August 12, 2010, 10:29:17 PM
Quote from: western exile on August 12, 2010, 04:16:41 PM

Pat wouldn,t be known for doing down any favours. His 'style' will.Suit Kildare more than Down..

Most of the marginal calls in last year's Leinster Final went against Kildare and McEneaney gave a lot of the 50/50 calls in Cork's favour in the quarter final two years ago. We're due a good day from Pat.  ;)

Glad we haven't got Deegan again after his display in the Antrim game in Newbridge!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Mourne Rover

McEneaney is probably still the best ref in Ireland but he has had some strange days with Down. By far the worst was the famous replay win over Tyrone at the Marshes in 08, which never should have got to extra time. We were four up with time running out when McEneaney proceeded to award Tyrone a series of incredibly soft frees in kickable positions. Tommy McGuigan knocked them over and it finished level after 70 minutes, but justice prevailed in extra time.

snoopdog

Quote from: The Voice Of Reason on August 12, 2010, 10:37:45 PM
Thanks 5 Sams! ... I'm a "neutral" living very near Croke Park ... usually just get the tickets off ticketmaster, as Donegal are rarely involved in matches there  :(
pop down to the gaa ticket office on dorset st open everyday mon to fri they dont charge booking fee and you prob get a choice of seats

downredblack

Quote from: Mourne Rover on August 13, 2010, 09:30:01 PM
McEneaney is probably still the best ref in Ireland but he has had some strange days with Down. By far the worst was the famous replay win over Tyrone at the Marshes in 08, which never should have got to extra time. We were four up with time running out when McEneaney proceeded to award Tyrone a series of incredibly soft frees in kickable positions. Tommy McGuigan knocked them over and it finished level after 70 minutes, but justice prevailed in extra time.

What about the free to get Tyrone out of Omagh the first day ? But as you say probably the best Ref in Ireland , happy enough he got this game .

Lecale2

Correct! Better than the lad from Galway/Roscommon though!

snoopdog

Quote from: downredblack on August 13, 2010, 09:53:08 PM

What about the free to get Tyrone out of Omagh the first day ? But as you say probably the best Ref in Ireland , happy enough he got this game .
i see that clown from galway is tipped to ref the final.he will make a balls of it

Lecale2