AISF 2010: An Dún vs Cill Dara

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 01, 2010, 06:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

A lot of people assuming Dermot Earley will definitely be fit even though it's still very much touch and go.

Even if he does make it there's no way he'll be firing on all cylinders and he will not play a full seventy minutes. His knee has been in bits since he picked up the injury in the League in Portlaoise. He has been playing on one leg all summer.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bcarrier

Down lost ten kickouts in a row in first half against a Kerry team with a dodgy midfield and without its two main groundhogs . Kildare could clean out Down around the middle of the park. This injury makes that more likely.

orangeman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 11, 2010, 01:56:00 PM
A lot of people assuming Dermot Earley will definitely be fit even though it's still very much touch and go.

Even if he does make it there's no way he'll be firing on all cylinders and he will not play a full seventy minutes. His knee has been in bits since he picked up the injury in the League in Portlaoise. He has been playing on one leg all summer.

I've seen him a good bit this year and I'd agree with you there.

What is the diagnosis of the knee ?.

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 11, 2010, 12:10:02 PM
On the Kildare forum the lads are reporting that the County Board expect to sell up to 40K tickets for this game  :o

40k is still a small percentage of the population, Kildare could fill croker on their own if they wanted but i guess 40k tickets each is how it's shared
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

shark

Quote from: orangeman on August 11, 2010, 03:03:05 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 11, 2010, 01:56:00 PM

I've seen him a good bit this year and I'd agree with you there.

What is the diagnosis of the knee ?.

Cruciate damage. He needs an operation badly, but has been holding off on getting it.  Once he has the op he will be out for several months.

Dinny Breen

Quote40k is still a small percentage of the population

How big do you think Kildare is?
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 11, 2010, 04:26:40 PM
Quote40k is still a small percentage of the population

How big do you think Kildare is?

last Census says 186k http://beyond2020.cso.ie/Census/TableViewer/tableView.aspx?ReportId=75467 so 40k would be huge crowd for the small populated Counties don't you think?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

so over 20% is a small percentage, added in to the fact the majority population of North Kildare would be 1st generation Dubs and would also make up a sizeable portion of South Kildare's population, 40k is pretty good for any county bar Dublin/Cork and maybe Galawy...
#newbridgeornowhere

Catch the high ball

Is it too late to include possibly Paul Murphy of the Harps?

It may seem unfair on Pete Fitz but apparently Murphy had a stormer in the middle against Rostrevor last week.

How did Fitzpatrick get on against Saval at the weekend?
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Hardy

I reckon there were 8-10,000 Roscommon people at the QF, which would be about 15% of the population - not bad going.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hardy on August 11, 2010, 04:54:07 PM
I reckon there were 8-10,000 Roscommon people at the QF, which would be about 15% of the population - not bad going.

I thought it was closer to 15k, great support from the Rossies that day..
#newbridgeornowhere

Hardy

You could be right. I was basing my guess on the proportion of Roscommon colours in the crowd and trying t be conservative at that. But not all supporters are wearing the colours or waving flags.

ross4life

Every county has 1st generation Dubs maybe kildare have more been so close?  for example Sligo Bringing 15k to connacht final impressed me more

ross4life

Quote from: Hardy on August 11, 2010, 04:54:07 PM

17,235 tickets was sold in Roscommon so about 40,000 didn't go

under the bar

All of Armagh must be cheering on Kildare in this one.    If McGeeney goes all the way and wins the AI then I expect it's likely he'll take the Armagh job.